Joss Whedon's S.H.I.E.L.D to ABC!

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Admiral_Young, Aug 29, 2012.

1. Allyn Gibson

Allyn Gibson Vice Admiral Admiral

2. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

That might quite possibly be the dumbest story line I have ever seen.

3. Allyn Gibson

Allyn Gibson Vice Admiral Admiral

John the Skrull? He was awesome in Paul Cornell's Wisdom. He tuned in, turned on, and dropped out. :)

4. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Fox previously owned the rights to all characters connected to "Daredevil", including Wilson Fisk. Of course now since the rights reverted back to Marvel Studios, they would be able to use the Kingpin. Sony does not own the rights to Kingpin as he's considered a "Daredevil" character despite first appearing in "Amazing Spider-Man". If they wanted to use Fisk, I assume that some kind of deal would have to be reached. I don't believe he's an interchangeable character like the Maximoff twins are.

That is interesting regarding Hart. Been behind...have seen the recent trailers and footage what not. I can't wait to see the pilot.

5. DEWLine

DEWLine Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Amused by this line from the EW item:

"*Yes, Avengers heroes Thor and Loki are “gods.” They’re grandfathered into the mythology of the show."

Didn't they cover that in the first movie by referring to the Nine Worlds as all extraterrestrial? Have to admit that I liked the implication of Asgard as being a variant on an Alderson disk.

6. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

7. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I can't watch it. The CBM link takes me to a facebook link without the video.

8. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

Is it true that Luke Cage has already been cast for this show? :eek:

9. Venardhi

Venardhi Vice Admiral Admiral

They want you to "like" the page so they can spam you and your friends with news you don't care about.

10. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I liked EW ages ago, but I'm still not getting the video.

11. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

That's an old rumor. There was a speculation a month or two back that J. August Richards's character in the pilot was Cage, but that was disproven.

I just found this article:
    http://shieldtv.net/agents-of-s-h-i-e-l-d-on-the-cover-of-ew-magazine/3039

It quotes the upcoming Entertainment Weekly article about Whedon and the show, which contains the following passage:
    What??? Aren't they forgetting the '70s Incredible Hulk and Amazing Spider-Man, or Blade: The Series from 2006? Not to mention the '70s Doctor Strange and Captain America pilots, the '90s pilots for Power Pack, Generation X, and Nick Fury: Agent of SHIELD, and the '00s Man-Thing pilot movie.

12. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Sounds like they forgot them to me.

13. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

Yeah, I've been trying to play it and failing as well.

ETA: It's in the comments

14. Bob The Skutter

Bob The Skutter Complete Arse Cleft In Memoriam

Read last night that Channel 4 here in the UK have picked up the rights. Didn't get any more details though.

15. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

I think of Con Air everytime I see Coulson's car. I wonder if his license plate says "ASS KIKR".

16. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Ah, thanks!:techman:

17. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

I think they mean a TV show actually made by Marvel rather than a TV show based on Marvel IP. Even so let's be honest, Incredible Hulk is the only show on that list that 90% of the audience are likely to have heard of, let alone seen.

18. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

^That's not what it says. It's clearly a gross oversight.

19. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Yeah, I don't buy that it just meant the first Marvel-produced live-action show, because it mentions "the company's 74-year history," which means it's referring to Marvel Comics, the publisher, rather than Marvel Studios, the film/TV production company which was founded only 20 years ago. Maybe someone mentioned to the article writer that it was Marvel Studios' first live-action series and the writer misinterpreted it to mean the first Marvel-based live-action series ever made.

Besides, even if that were what they meant, it would still be the second live-action TV series produced by Marvel (not counting pilots), with Blade: The Series being the first. Or rather, the second live-action series adaptation of a Marvel comic and the third live-action series overall, since Mutant X was also a Marvel Studios production.

20. Mister Fandango

Mister Fandango Fleet Captain

You mean a half-assed entertainment "news" rag isn't completely accurate and relies on hyperbole? I'm absolutely shocked by this revelation. Absolutely shocked.

I know when I pick up something like Entertainment Weekly, I expect Pulitzer-winning exposes and hard hitting articles that have had entire teams of highly trained fact checkers okaying it before it hits print.