Rain Robinson (Sarah Silverman)

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by 2takesfrakes, Dec 14, 2013.

1. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

I had a friend who would sigh every time on House that Wilson walked into the room.

"What's wrong with you!" I would say "Stop focussing on the chubby friend!"

2. 2takesfrakes

2takesfrakes Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Wilson had a "chub" alright, when he starred in the skin flick Feral Pleasures.

3. 2takesfrakes

... Now, what is that supposed to mean? Ah, yes ... I seem to recall that you were actually involved in the merchandising side of UnderWorld, having penned the novelization of that rather successful motion picture. With regards to my preferrences for Kate Beckinsale, however: What I have written stays written.

4. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

Hell, I wrote four Underworld novels . . . and once caught a glimpse of Beckinsale at the premiere of the first movie. She was not, however, killing lycans at the time.

5. 2takesfrakes

You've written four UnderWorld novels, you say? A fictitious universe upon which to elaborate and expand upon ... A perk of which being, sharing the Red Carpet with the likes of Kate Beckinsale! A not displeasing chore, sir!

I, on the other hand, never met any celebrities. Unless you call one of Philly's former mayor's and PA's former governor Ed "Fast Eddie" Rendell a celebrity? I was at the El stop, heading into work one day, whilst Eddie was on the campaign trail and decided to shake hands with everybody as they approached the turnstyle.

I tried to hurry past him, but he thrusts his thick, meaty hand at me and I just dart past him, as I rush for the waiting train. He had this look that told me I just committed a major faux pas. Well, you know what? That's what you get for not being Sarah Silverman! And quit bugging people on their way to work ...

6. 2takesfrakes

By herself, Amy Acker is a looker, but compared to Kate Beckinsale, Amy's looking more like a regular chick ... sort of an average hotty.

7. Guy Gardener

Amy is ageing better.

Besides, I still see Fred when I look at Amy, and we were all in love with her.

Kate is brought down a peg becuase those Vampire movies movies were nasty.

Twilight makes them look like Shakespeare, but still common denominator shite.

8. 2takesfrakes

Dracula was originally intended to be, and succeeded as, a vicious predator of women (especially) and, outside of his supernatural powers, had few redeeming qualities. Ever since Rice's novels, Vampires have become increasingly uncool. They have been so romanticized, and feminized, really. A sort of representation for women, a metaphor, about whether the man they love will turn into a monster on them, after they start putting out. I do not care for modern spins on the myth, as they are, as you say, shite.

As to whom is hotter, Amy or Kate ... there is an expression that says: a cat may look at a King. Well, that doesn't apply to Queens of the Silver Screen. They are all inaccessible, untouchable and unrelatable. Finding a preference between them is as far as that relationship can ever go ... and besides: this is Rain Robinson and Sarah Silverman's thread!

9. Guy Gardener

Sarah's mind is the most delectable thing about her.

Her ability to include the word "fart" seamlessly into almost any sentence is charming.

It's actually alarming looking at Rain, becuase it's like looking at Sarah's baby pictures.

10. 2takesfrakes

11. Guy Gardener

I'll wait till I'm alone and no one can judge me, to look into that.

12. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

FYI: there's an interview with Acker (regarding PERSON OF INTEREST) in USA TODAY today.

13. Guy Gardener

Thank you.

I'll keep a look out for that.

Did Rain know that Tom was from the future or did she think he was an alien?

Because when Tom got home after End Game, if Rain Doc Browned it just right, there should have been 60 years worth of hand written letters waiting for him.

14. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

You're never alone.

15. 2takesfrakes

Precisely, sir! You people who feel compelled to hide your love of Rain Robinson and/or Sarah Silverman away ... consider these words of wisdom:

"If a man cannot keep pace with his companions,
    perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer.
    ... Let him step to the music he hears."

Last edited: Dec 18, 2013
  16. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

[​IMG]

17. Guy Gardener

I've heard the song before, and there's a couple weeks set up as they're fighting across the talk shows if you can find the complete story, but the you tube link you supplied turns into an animated wrestling video after the first 30 seconds.

18. 2takesfrakes

The "Matt Damon" thing? Wow ... you know I didn't even look at it, I just assumed it was the genuine article. Thanks for letting me know, as I am deleting the link to it, now. Allow me to make amends: some eye candy for your enjoyment ...

[​IMG]

19. Guy Gardener

She's like a slightly hotter Fran Dresher.

Which is also my appraisal of Lady Gaga after getting a really good look at her on the Muppets Christmas Special.

20. 2takesfrakes

Oh, Sarah Silverman's beautiful, yes - but she could never deny her Jewish ethnicity. Unfortunately, though, these images of her I've been posting are - obviously - not recent! She hasn't aged badly, by any means. It's very obvious she's always been quite lovely. And I'm sure that, had she the choice, she'd have stayed forever young. I just hope that she gets to reinvent herself, some way, that reinvigorates her career and makes her even more in demand! I'm that much of a fan, you see ... after Voyager's Rain Robinson, anything else she does is fine with me.