Finale discussion thread (spoilerifictitle insided) *SPOILERS WITHIN*

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by Chris3123, Apr 19, 2013.

1. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

Re: Finale discussion thread (spoilerifictitle insided) *SPOILERS WITH

Yea, I'm hoping I'm wrong, I could use that 100 pounds, those last 4 Six/Evelyn stories are calling out to me (At least the first one is a Companion Chronicles and only $7.99 download)

2. StCoop

StCoop Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

[[​IMG]

3. Psion

Psion Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yep. I'm in on this.

4. OmahaStar

OmahaStar Disrespectful of his betters Admiral

Oh, and it is a cracking good story, too! Just when you think you know what's going on, it twists in an entirely new direction ... that makes perfect sense with what happened already. It's also one of the few CC's that use the format *well.*

I mean, all of the CC's are the companion telling a story of their adventures, to a second party. Some do it better than others. This one has an actual reason for being a CC.

It can be listened to at any time without spoiling any of her other adventures with the Doctor.

5. sidious618

sidious618 Admiral Admiral

Looks like a kick ass finale but I'm with most in that we won't learn the Doctor's name.

6. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Pretty much how I've thought it would play out. That is whenever whoever/whatever asks "Doctor Who?" they'll have the Doctor say his name, but it will be covered up for the audience over some over the top Murray Gold tune. All the characters present will know the Doctor's name, but the audience won't.

Let's be honest, that's the only way this can turn out.

7. Allyn Gibson

Allyn Gibson Vice Admiral Admiral

No, it's a Moffat finale. He'll pull out a reason at the end with no justification at all to explain how the name the Doctor gave is nonsense and not true at all. :)

8. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

Oh, there are lots of ways it can turn out - they could ask the *other* Doctor present (River Song), there's leeway over what constitutes a name (given name, chosen name - hell they could ask him to pick one - or even just have him truly have forgotten what it is...) I mean, even "the Doctor" could count, given that John Simm had the line "my name is The Master" - and TenDoc mentioned that he had given himself that name. Maybe "the Doctor" is a perfectly valid deed-poll name choice on ye olde Gallifrey!

And just because the episode is called "the Doctor's Name" doesn't mean to say it'll be given out, any more than he married the TARDIS in The Doctor's Wife...

9. Konata Izumi

Konata Izumi Commander Red Shirt

cool poster

10. Klaus

Klaus Vice Admiral Admiral

I also doubt that his name will be spoken aloud for us to hear, though I'm not willing to bet my hard-earned quatloos on it...

I agree that the true nature of the Doctor rather than his name could well be the true reveal. We'll get some great whoa! thing we didn't know or suspect before, and how cool/mindbending that is will be how the episode will be judged... and how Clara's secret fits in with it, assuming it does.

11. Newspaper Taxi

Newspaper Taxi Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Does the Doctor HAVE to say the word allowed? Maybe he could write his name on a chalkboard in Gallifreyen symbols, and everybody but Clara goes, "Aaaaaaaah, yes, that's the perfect name for you."

12. Mr Awe

Mr Awe Vice Admiral Admiral

^ Why would he have to say "allowed"?

13. DalekJim

DalekJim Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I'm really excited for the Clara reveal but the presence of Alex fucking Kingston and the trite name mystery have me worried.

I hate these stupid teases for the season finale.

Production Team: In this year's finale Rose dies!
    Reality: Didn't happen.

Production Team: In this year's finale The Doctor regenerates and a companion dies.
    Reality: Neither happened.

Production Team: In this year's finale The Doctor dies and it definitely was really him!
    Reality: The Doctor didn't die and it definitely wasn't really him.

Production Team: In this year's finale The Doctor's name will be revealed!
    Reality: Doesn't happen.

14. Allyn Gibson

There's another thing we can bank on.

An alternate timeline.

Both of Moffat's season finales have involved alternate timelines. There's the Pandorica timeline in "The Big Bang," and there's that stupid "no time" timeline in "The Wedding of River Song." If Moffat doesn't go for an alternate timeline in his finale I'll be shocked. It's his favorite piece in his bag of tricks!

15. DalekJim

To be fair The Big Bang is probably the only good New Who series finale.

16. Allyn Gibson

I do grant that. :)

It's just notable that 100% of Moffat's finales (to date) involve alternate timelines.

17. StCoop

StCoop Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Absolutely no clue on the provenance of the below but it claims to be a synopsis of the Finale. It defintely sounds like a Moffaty script and the lack of the usual Fanwank that goes hand-in-hand with people's fake plots is a mark in its favour. We'll see in less than a month either way.

Clara isn't the impossible girl, she is entirely possible. The Doctor is lured to Tenzalore, which is where his grave is located. The Great Intelligence kidnaps and threatens his friends (the peeps from the christmas special) in order to get the doctor to open the tomb (which is the tardis) The doctor doesn't relent, but River does, she was there when the doctor revealed his true name. The doors open, everyone walks in to see a web of white light. The white light is the doctor, as a body is... Cliche. It is a web of all of the doctor's timelines, everytime he transported in time and space a new strand was created. The Great Intelligence enters into the web and begins to kill the doctor, over a million timelines, and reverting any victory the doctor made, which also kills the Great Intelligence (he has to die in every timeline at some point in time. The universe begins to disappear and the doctor begins to die. To save him, Clara jumps into the Doctor's timeline and saves him over a million times (The dalek asylum, the christmas special, all times Clara saves the doctor) but she too has to die in the process, and dies over a million times. The doctor is saved, time reverted, Clara is dead, but not entirely. The Doctor enters into his own timeline to save her. The Clara the doctor meets in present time is the genuine article, the original. Every Clara we have met have been her, but an offshoot of the original.

18. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

^^
    The mention of a grave reminds me of something my uncle keeps talking about, seeing pictures of a graveyard, but not the one in the Weeping Angel episode or the Christmas episode.

19. Allyn Gibson

I see a fair bit of Lawrence Miles in that. Which means that it's probably authentic. :)

20. DalekJim

Sounds pretty believable, reminded me of Alien Bodies.