Nibiru Class Starship

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by All Seeing Eye, Oct 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. All Seeing Eye

All Seeing Eye Admiral

TOP VIEW.
    [​IMG]

BOTTOM VIEW.
    [​IMG]

Parts borrowed from on-line pictures of Nova Class, Intrepid Class and Nebula Class Starships. Possibly factfile pistures?

This vessel comprises of an extra large saucer section. In total the vessel is as large as a Galaxy class starship.
    There is no secondary hull except for an aft section which raises from the top of the saucer which is the location of a powerful Borg enhanced sensor array, main engineering, aft torpedo bays and an aft phaser cannon.
    In the event of a warp core breach this section can be jettisoned from the saucer.

On the port and starboard sections of the saucer just above the nacelles are shuttle bays.

There are 5 phaser strips and a forward phaser cannon as well as the aft phaser cannon. There is a strip located at the front of the saucer section both on the underside and top side. Toward the back of the ship there are two topside phaser strips which break in the middle because of the engineering section. On the underside at the back of the ship there is one whole phaser strip.
    The phaser cannons are more powerful than the phaser strips but are locked in straight positions.
    Torpedo launchers are locate at the aft on the engineering section and on each side of the forward deflector dish.

The deflector dish is to the front of the saucer.

Each nacelle is connected by four prongs from the saucer section.

Defences comprise of skin tight multiphasic regenerative shielding, ablative armour generators, holographic decoys and isokinetic point defence turrets.

Offensive weapons comprise of phaser strips, phaser cannons, Quantum torpedoes and Transphasic Torpedoes.

Click here for size comparison to Galaxy Class.

2. All Seeing Eye

All Seeing Eye Admiral

Damn. Can a mod move this thread to Trek Art please.

3. Unicron

Unicron Boss Monster Mod Moderator

Done. ;)

4. judge alba

judge alba senior street judge Commodore

hmmm not sure about it looks ok I think . don't suppose you have a side view do you?

5. Kaiser

Kaiser Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

interesting design :)

maybe somebody else here can make a better version of it :)

6. All Seeing Eye

All Seeing Eye Admiral

I've tried to modify the design for my Nibiru Class Starship a bit using a Galaxy Class image from the startrek fact files.

The design is not too dissimilar to an old style Romulan BOP but is somewhat different and the size of a Galaxy class.
    The colour of this design is quite light but the actual ship would be dark like the Sovereign Class.

TOP VIEW
    Here you can see the port and starboard shuttle bays.
    [​IMG]

BOTTOM VIEW
    Here you can see the underneath engineering section and deflector dish.It cannot be seen here but imagine a torpedo launcher same as you get on the Sovereign Class.
    [​IMG]

TWO POSSIBLE SIDE VIEWS.

[​IMG]

The side view on top is accurate for the Top and Bottom views.

I'm going to try and make a side view now for my original design in the OP.

7. judge alba

seeing that second one reminds me of a pic I saw on the net a few year back.
    Some had made a Romulan bop using the enterprise 'E' saucer and a couple of E nacelles.

Actually thinking about it more it may have been on the starship modeller site

8. All Seeing Eye

All Seeing Eye Admiral

Well anyway. This is my attempt at a side view for the ship in my original post:
    Not the greatest picture but figured I'd give it a go.

[​IMG]

9. judge alba

looking at it like that i reckon if you dump the lower saucer it'll be a lot better

10. All Seeing Eye

All Seeing Eye Admiral

The lower saucer is detachable allowing for multi vector assault mode at sublight velocities. ;)

11. All Seeing Eye

All Seeing Eye Admiral

I've decided the Nibiru Class Starship was designed and built to combat the threat from the Dominion Dreadnaught and Borg Cube.

New Weapons/Defences/Systems comprise of: Phasers, Phased Polaron Beams, Dampening weapon, Photon Torpedoes, Quantum Torpedoes, Transphasic Torpedoes, Ablative Armour Generator, Borg Enhanced Sensors, Holographic Decoys, Multi-Phasic Regenerative Shielding, Borg Inspired Regenerative Internal Systems, Multi Vector Assault Mode, Fighter Shuttle Bays, Slipstream Drive, Standard Warp Drive and an Isokinetic Cannon.

New Size Comparison Chart.

[​IMG]

Now due to the increased size of the ship the shuttle bays on each side are now home to a fleet of specially designed fighter shuttle that can be deployed against the enemy craft. Aswell as this the underside saucer can still detach for multi vector assault mode.

I'll be designing a new type of attack shuttle.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2009
  12. Kaiser

Cool new stuff here :) :techman:

13. All Seeing Eye

All Seeing Eye Admiral

This is the new Nibiru Fighter Shuttle:

[​IMG]

The shuttle comprises of a single warp nacelle to the aft of the craft which is protect on each side from weapons fire. In the case of shield and armour failure the shuttle can use this single warp nacelle to make a quick get away from the main battle scene allowing the craft to survive the battle for later retrieval.

On the port and Starboard of the shuttle are Torpedo launchers which are capable of storing several torpedoes at a time. Within the main hull of the shuttle between these launchers are torpedo storage bays.

On top of this storage section is a large phaser array capable of multiple directional firing including forward firing and is the most powerful emitter on the craft.
    There is also a phaser array to the front of the craft and two to the rear and all these phaser arrays are mirrored on the underside of the shuttle. These other arrays are smaller than the two main arrays.

These shuttle are heavily armoured with ablative armour.

14. jaspertjie

jaspertjie Captain Captain

Sorry to say it, but I don't like it.

15. All Seeing Eye

All Seeing Eye Admiral

No worries.

16. Vance

Vance Vice Admiral In Memoriam

When starships inbreed?

Actually, I admit, I'm not a fan of this either.. too much cut-n-paste (this, coming from me, says a lot), a lot of 'fanboi' ideas (particularly the ludicrous MVAM) and not really a conherent design on what the ship is really supposed to DO.

This isn't unsalvagable, really, but you need to go back to step one. What is this design meant to be doing?

17. BolianAuthor

BolianAuthor Writer, Battlestar Urantia Rear Admiral

Admittedly, at the risk of sounding rude, I originally thought this was a joke ship/post. The fact that it's not, is actually rather disturbing. That aside, I think the most glaring problem with this... "ship", is the fact that the designer claims that it's bigger than the Galaxy-Class, yet in every image of the ship, the windows have not been scaled properly, which takes away from the credibility of that claim. This is obviously an uber-fanwank wet dream galore, which is something that personally, I find utterly ridiculous, so again, I apologize if my remark sounds rude, but it's not meant that way. It's just that this stuff really doesn't float my boat.

18. Kaiser

Looks cool for being a cut and paste job

19. All Seeing Eye

All Seeing Eye Admiral

Yes that's pretty rude.

Why is it disturbing? Do tell.

If you read the entire thread originally I said it was the same size as (not bigger) a Galaxy class and then later change my mind and said it was the same size as a Dominion Dreadnaught and created a NEW size comparison chart. But please fell free to go use windows XP free Microsoft paint and see how well you scale ships.

Not meant to sound rude?
    uber-fanwank wet dream galore, which is something that personally, I find utterly ridiculous you say?

That's pretty rude. :lol:

Why do you think "fanwank" ships are so bad?? the Federation has access to ALL of this technology and it was all shown on screen and is canon. What makes you believe future Starfleet vessels wont incorporate all this technology? all the technology brought back from Voyager? Technology they've already built into ships such as the Prometheus?

This ship is supposed have been built specifically to fight the Dominion Dreadnaught and Borg Cube so it makes sense that at least this one class of vessel would utilise all available and most advanced technologies.

Well when all you have to work with is Miscrosoft paint that comes free with windows XP what do you expect.

As I said further up, it's built to combat the threat from the Dominion Dreadnaught and Borg Cube.

Thanks! ;)

20. Gepard

Gepard Vice Admiral Admiral

Your windows (and lifeboats, and shield grids, and bridge dome) are way the hell out of scale at either size. I almost posted the same critique earlier but BolianAdmiral beat me to it. Just look at the size and number of windows on the side view of the Nibiru vs. the size of the Dominion Dreadnought and you'll see the issue. IMO, you'd be better off painting these details out entirely and substituting something else.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.