Art that doesn't need its own thread

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by B.J., Sep 8, 2010.

1. B.J.

B.J. Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

But they already went into the pacman maze in a episode! :D But no, I haven't considered that, might be a bit difficult to simplify enough and still have them recognizable.

2. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

The futurama characters do have pretty distinctive heads from each other tho.

3. B.J.

B.J. Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Dangit, I hate it when other people get ideas stuck in my head! :D

[​IMG]

4. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

5. _C_

_C_ Commander Red Shirt

[​IMG]

Kejal can rock a tux like his mom, but he prefers the earthy colors.

Photomanipulation base from Trekcore. I can't draw to save my life -_-;

6. Maurice

Maurice Snagglepussed Admiral

I just shipped a new version of PAC-MAN for Android, so this got a laugh out of me.

7. The Lensman

The Lensman Commodore Commodore

Digging through some old hard drives and found my first good photomanip....which makes this about 13 or so years old. The uniform design is by Dennis Bailey or Vektor, don't recall which, but for some reason I'm leaning towards Dennis. This pic was well received at the time, and I was pretty proud of it back in the day. And you can tell this pic is from back in the day from the screencap quality. This was looooong before TrekCore, when Trek5 was the place to go for Trek screencaps.

[​IMG]

The Reverend and Sqweloookle like this.
  8. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

That actually looks rather nice.

The Reverend likes this.
  9. Ptrope

Ptrope Agitator Admiral

For reasons I don't know, I popped in Into Darkness over the weekend; I ended up skipping through most of it, as I expected I would, but it did inspire me to try out the one thing I like about the JJPrise bridge: that big, honking window/viewscreen.

I've always thought that, had he the budget, Roddenberry might've had this, esp. since the bridge sat exposed as it was, for no other apparent reason. So I took my existing TOS bridge set and started playing around with the forward section, making as large a curved window as I could in the available space, and trying to use familiar TOS cues so it didn't appear to be just jammed in there - specifically, I was thinking of the large screen we saw in the conference room.

Once I had it, I realized that with the window there, it was clear that the outer hull was not large enough to keep the forward exit door, so I replaced it with an alcove that has an escape hatch in the floor, leading to the deck below. I also thought that, even though the window does double duty as a HUD/viewscreen, there was still a lot of wasted space in the captain's view, so I added a couple of the standard bridge displays to the space above the window.

[​IMG]

10. Kaiser

Kaiser Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

sweet looking Bridge :)

11. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

12. Kaiser

Awesome models :)

13. Michael

Michael Good Bad Influence Moderator

Lately I have been fooling around with the Sega Genesis game "Star Trek: Deep Space Nine – Crossroads of Time" and created a giant stitched-together screenshot of the OPS stage from the beginning of the game and an animated Morn GIF I use as an avatar. I love the aesthetics of that game. Unfortunately though, the screenshot can't convey the awesome parallax effect going on. Maurice might recognize this stuff. ;)

[​IMG]
    (Click Kira's left boob to get a giant-size look at the image.)

14. Kaiser

Awesome :)

Always enjoyed that game on SNES :)

15. Starscape

Starscape Commodore Fan Art Challenge Winner

There was a Sega DS9 game, how did I miss that??? Hmmm, checking the dates, I was probably too busy trying to get DS9: Harbinger to work in DOS. :klingon:

Nice work M! :bolian:

16. 1701TPA

1701TPA Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

That Looks Fantastic:techman::techman::techman:

17. vulcan redshirt

vulcan redshirt Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Not sure if this should go here or not, and apologies for the poor photo quality, but here's my computer desk at home.

It's had a bit of punishment and been through a house move but all in all it's stood up pretty well.

[​IMG]

18. Maurice

Maurice Snagglepussed Admiral

Haha. BOY is that familiar. That game is why my username here used to be DS9Sega. I was working on the design of that sucker before the show even aired!

I still have a pre-release proto of that game, which includes some levels which were deleted from the final.

19. Ptrope

Ptrope Agitator Admiral

Inspired by Kail's foray into using Poser to expand his "Star Trek Animated" art, I've been trying to get a good cartoon render of my Crossbow-class starship. Once I had a decent one, I just couldn't resist putting it over a suitably-cartoonish background ;).

[​IMG]
    Click the image for a hugedacious version ...

20. Kaiser

Awesome! :D