I shouldn't be this lazy.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by RoJoHen, Oct 27, 2009.

1. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I'm generally not a lazy person, but there are some [very easy] things that I am just too lazy to do.

1) I have 4 laundry baskets, yet all my dirty clothes end up scattered around on the floor.

2) When I do laundry, it takes me several days to put my clean clothes away.

3) I leave my dirty dishes sitting all over the apartment.

Frankly, I'm getting annoyed with myself. :lol:

2. Cakes488

Cakes488 Commodore Commodore

Just smoke a joint instead. It does qualify as an activity so it's not like you'll be sitting there idle. If your still not stimulated to do anything after you've ingested said substance than I would recommend stimulating yourself and then I'm sure you can take a lil nappy poo. By the time you wake up it'll be din din and you've still managed to keep yourself "busy" yet you've still done nothing. Have at it man.

3. freak

freak Commodore Commodore

Oh my! Glad to know i'm not the only lazy ass person around. This reminds me-I seriously need to clean my pigsty of a room and clean those cat boxes!!!! :D

4. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

Jesus, and I thought *I* was lazy!

I take it you're a single guy, then? :lol:

5. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

You are correct.

6. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Yea, my laundry is in the same state of affairs. My dishes though, I made a little rule for. Before I use a dish/utensil/whatever I have to clean the same amount. That way the dish pile never grows.:techman:

It helps me get over the hard part which is starting to do the dishes. Once i have started I end up with "well, since I'm already doing some" attitude. So I usually end up with a net amount of clean dishes if not all of them.

My next place is gonna have a dishwasher dammit. Then I will be lazy about filling and emptying it.:techman:

7. JustKate

JustKate Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I gave up having a laundry basket (for clean laundry, that is - I still have a hamper for dirty clothes, of course). The reason is that back when I had a laundry basket, I'd let the clean laundry heap up higher in the basket...and higher...and higher and higher and higher...until I had this mountain of clean clothes, all wrinkled and misshapen. Not good.

Now that I don't have a basket for clean laundry, the laundry still stacks up, of course, but good old gravity prevents me from letting it stack up too long. I need to put them away or else all those clean clothes start falling on the floor and becoming dirty clothes.

As for why you'd leave dirty clothes around, euw. I don't know. I am not, obviously, the tidiest person around, but I simply couldn't bear that. I also cannot bear dirty dishes anywhere except in the kitchen. I wish I was a "Get the kitchen spick and span every single night" kind of person because I do like a clean kitchen, particularly to cook in and I love to cook, but sadly, I am not. But I draw the line at allowing the kitchen mess to spread elsewhere.

You didn't ask for advice, but I think you might want to start drawing some lines, too, RoJo. Where those lines should be, I don't know - it's your home, after all. But I think you need to stop "annoying yourself." Your home, be it a house or an apartment or whatever, should be a place you enjoy being, a place of retreat, and you won't find it much of a retreat if you look around and see stuff that ticks you off.

8. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I have a dishwasher. :lol:

9. LitmusDragon

LitmusDragon Commodore Commodore

Ten years ago I was exactly like you. I have improved since then, but am still too lazy.

Lazy then = Messy apartment.
    Lazy now = Apartment is clean, but I don't exercise enough and spend too much time playing videogames instead of doing productive things like working on my novel

10. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

So how do you get your clothes from the dryer to your dresser/closet/whatever without a laundry basket? I mean, I use the same laundry baskets for clean and dirty clothes. It's just that when I put the clean clothes in the basket and bring it back to my room, I tend not to take them out.

11. JustKate

Sometimes (if it's a small load, for example), I'll fold them right in the laundry room. But usually I just pull them out of the dryer, wrap them into a big ol' bundle (using something large and flatish right out of the same load of laundry - a towel works really well - to wrap the bundle in, if such a thing is available) and carry them upstairs. Then I dump them on the bed. Then, in theory, I fold them. Then, in theory, I put them away. If I don't put them away right then, I have a little bit of space where they can be stacked...but not very much space. Because if I can let clean clothes stack up, I will. This is something I know about myself. And I don't want to.

This forces me to do what I apparently wouldn't do otherwise - at least I seldom did it back when I had laundry baskets. I don't know if it'll work for everybody, but it seemed to do the trick for me.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2009
  12. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

If and when I live in a place where the washer and dryer exist in my home and not in another part of the building, I will be better about laundry. Right now, the effort of taking my laundry to the dirty, gross laundry room of my apartment building and then carrying it all back up to my place is annoying enough for me to not want to do the rest of the steps.

I was really good about doing laundry when I was in high school and still living with my parents and I could leave my clothes sitting in the washer and dryer for a while without fear of my neighbors flipping out because they need to use the machine next.

13. Holdfast

Holdfast Fleet Admiral Admiral

I think you're the only person I know who can make dealing with clean clothes sound like a treatise on quantum mechanics and the space-time continuum.

14. JustKate

Thanks! I think!

You make me sound so deep and rarified, and I don't often get that kind of reinforcement from a laundry discussion.

15. Holdfast

Holdfast Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm firmly convinced that Bounce sheets actually hold the secret to a grand unified theory of everything.

16. nevermore

nevermore Admiral Admiral

I am one of the laziest people on earth. It's a congenital condition that I inherited from by dad, so I have some advice:

I do this too, but keep it in the bedroom. Then, because my bedroom is small and I'm always tripping over clothes and shoes, it gets unbearable after a few days and I sort everything into the baskets. In terms of actually doing the laundry, that generally happens when I run out of underwear...

If I do this, my clean clothes end up being slept on by cats and become dirty clothes, so I have no input. :vulcan:

This is disgusting. At least start by dumping them in the sink, then you'll be forced to put them in the dishwasher when the sink gets full and you need to use it.

Also, if you cook, make sure you're cleaning as you go, that way the only shit that builds up is the eating dishes and they're much easier to rinse and toss in the dishwasher.

I know the feeling. I really need to vacuum...

17. Capn Flukie

Capn Flukie Fleet Admiral Admiral

Your ideas are interesting, and I would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

18. Cakes488

Cakes488 Commodore Commodore

You already have...you just read it.

19. jamestyler

jamestyler Commodore Commodore

I'm bad with laundry. I don't bother ironing clothes - I figure they'll flatten out eventually. This usually resulted in me wearing a full suit to hide the wrinkled shirt at work even in the summer.

I don't get away with that now :(

Though... the worst I know of is a wrestler in the midlands. No one wanted to wrestle with him due to how lazy he was washing his gear. The first time I met him he wore his singlet (with leather trousers) to the pub. I thought it was odd, especially as he wasn't working that night so couldn't use the 'getting ready WAY in advance' excuse.

He wore it all day the next day, including wrestling that night, and then again the day after.

I found out that after wrestling in it - he'd just ring out the sweat and it'd be ready to wear. Being that lazy (and unhygienic) has become part of our etiquette in wrestling seminars.