No Ordinary Family: "No Ordinary Anniversary" Nov. 30 - Grade/Discuss

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Aragorn, Dec 1, 2010.

?

Grading

1. Excellent

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Above average

75.0%
  3. Average

25.0%
  4. Below average

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Poor

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

[​IMG]

Jim and Stephanie celebrate their anniversary, and end up fighting crime together for the first time when a super-powered individual with the ability to project flames goes on a rampage.

Only took them nine episodes to team up and fight crime. Heroes never teamed up to fight crime. Hell, they usually never even teamed up. :lol:

Will probably stop making these threads once the show goes into winter break since activity has dropped pretty low.

2. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Premium Member

Re: No Ordinary Family: "No Ordinary Anniversary" Nov. 30 - Grade/Disc

We could just launch into a season discussion thread, instead of individual threads for each episode.

3. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

Wow, it looks like they're actually going somewhere with this after such a slow and repetitive start.

4. PsychoPere

Some thoughts typed out as I watched the episode:

- I hope the network decides to drop this "every story has a beginning" intro. It's kind of annoying at this point, and I laugh every time I hear "I'm fast" and "I have like this super-brain" because they sound so odd on their own without the context of the originating scenes.

- So now we've got NOF's version of Garfield Lynns.

- Impromptu team-up FTW!

- This episode may have started off slow, but at least the first half was filled with good character moments.

- JJ's poker scheme seems a little out of place, though, given his outlook in the previous episode about using his powers for something good, but I guess changing one's mind when there's a purchase one really wants to make is at least realistic enough.

- "I can't believe you brought a girl to the lair!" Very amused by the exchange about "the lair," and George's defensiveness in turning monitors off as Stephanie walked around.

- So the Watcher can project thoughts, in addition to telekinesis? Interesting...

- Now that JJ has undeniably heard the name "Will," shouldn't he be concerned about where this person came from, even without Daphne's inability to read the Watcher's mind?

- That was a pretty cool fight scene.

5. melancholymecha

melancholymecha Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^ I think the Evil Boss is injecting Sylar II with powers.

I loved the way the pyro guy's powers were visualized(like how he basically becomes fire when he flies,) very cool to see that kind of thing on a tv show...

6. PsychoPere

Kay Panabaker promises that tonight's episode, "No Ordinary Sidekick," is a "must-see."