Major episodes you haven't seen

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by Mendon, Aug 29, 2008.

1. Mendon

Mendon Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Which episodes might other Trek fans be surprised to learn you haven't seen?

Are there any that you've consciously avoided, rather than simply missing them? If so, why?

My biggest omission is probably Trials And Tribble-Ations, but I'm confident I'll love it when the opportunity arises.

On the other hand, I have avoided watching These Are The Voyages. Enterprise was headed in such a great direction before its cancellation that this finale - given all that I've heard - would probably only depress me.

Mendon

2. golakers

golakers Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Pretty much all of Enterprise and post season 2 Voyager. I'm not that disappointed about it though.

3. Dane_Whitman

Dane_Whitman Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I've seen them all a number of times, even the episodes I don't care for I've seen at least five times as part of a Trek marathon.

If I somehow discovered there was a Trek episode I hadn't seen, which is impossible, I wouldn't be here posting about it, but I'd be watching that episode.

4. Mistral

Mistral Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah! So there!:)

5. TheRealNaveed

TheRealNaveed Lieutenant Red Shirt

I think the biggest episode that I haven't seen is Dear Doctor from Enterprise. I've seen clips, I don't know what happened... I saw every episode of Enterprise on first airing except that one for some reason.

There are also the odd S1 and S2 Voyager episodes I've never seen, but I don't think it's a great loss. I'll catch them on DVD after I'm done with TNG.

6. sbk1234

sbk1234 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The only major episode I haven't seen is the one where Kirk's ex-wife and daughter come aboard. I can't remember the name.

7. egonbeeblebrox

egonbeeblebrox Commander Red Shirt

I haven't seen "The Visitor," which I still desperately want to see. Nor have I seen most of the latter half of DS9. "The Visitor" is what sticks out for me, because I keep hearing it's brilliant. I've also never seen any of the supposedly GREAT "Voyager" episodes. Like "Living Witness" or "Timeless."

8. amalie

amalie Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I also deliberately avoided Enterprise's These are the Voyages because I know it will just annoy and/or depress me.

Other than that I've seen all of TNG, VOY, DS9 and ENT. I've still yet to see all of TOS but I'm getting the DVD's through Lovefilm now so that will soon be corrected.

9. SFRabid

SFRabid Commodore Commodore

I have not seen the episode of Voyager where Janeway goes "salamander" at warp 10. I will watch it sometime just for the laugh.

10. WendellM

WendellM Commodore Commodore

The TOS episode that I somehow missed for a long time was Balance of Terror (this was in the late 70s). I'd seen all the rest as a kid multiple times, but one day I read in TV Guide about a Romulan ship armed with a fearsome weapon crossing the neutral zone.

Well, I knew that I hadn't seen that and that I had to. I stayed home from summer camp at the Y and taped it (with a cassette recorder next to the TV). I took it in the next day and shared it with my fellow Trek fan at camp.

11. DonIago

DonIago Vice Admiral Admiral

I think I've seen all of the episodes of Trek that I really care to with the exception of TAS, which I've never really experienced.

I missed bits and pieces of VOY and ENT, but that was intentional.

12. Red Ranger

Red Ranger Admiral In Memoriam

New York City, the greatest city in the world!
    I missed almost all of the third season of ENT, and a few eps in the second and fourth seasons, but nothing that stands out in my mind. For the longest time, I hadn't seen TNG eps Data's Day and The Masterpiece Society, and I've only seen both maybe once or twice since I first watched them. Aside from that, I've seen pretty much all of them, esp. TOS, of course. -- RR

13. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I've only seen the tribble episode for The Animated Series. Would like to see the rest of it one day.

14. Gepard

Gepard Vice Admiral Admiral

I skipped virtually all of season 3 Enterprise. Haven't felt too bad about it, though.

15. Broccoli

Broccoli Vice Admiral Admiral

I've never seen ENT's "The Interregnum" nor "Debugging Entry." I hear they are excellent though.

16. Gepard

Gepard Vice Admiral Admiral

You know what other excellent ENT episode no one has ever seen? "The Interregnum."

:evil:

17. Zulu Romeo

Zulu Romeo World Famous Starship Captain Admiral

As much of a Trek fan I am, I still haven't seen "Amok Time" which I hear is pretty good. [For shaaaaaaaaame - every Star Trek fan ever]

18. StolenThunder

StolenThunder Poster Premium Member

For a long time I hadn't seen Tears of the Prophets. I had to wait until I bought the DVDs.

19. Jadzia

Jadzia on holiday Premium Member

I haven't seen the last two series of DS9.

Nor have I ever seen Non Sequitur. Everytime its on I manage to miss it, which is about 6 times now I think. The last time I even set my video recorder to get it and I both forgot to watch it as it was broadcast, and the video recorded the wrong channel. :)

So I don't think I'm supposed to see it.

I've seen everything else, and all films.

20. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

I've seen the lot.