DC's New 52: Reviews and Discussion (Spoilers welcolme and likely)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JD, Aug 30, 2011.

1. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

Well, the book hasn't changed very much, so I'm not sure what plotting he was doing. It definately hasn't improved for the most part. I mean, the new JL members were not as big of a-holes as the core members, but everyone else is still completely unlikeable. This book needs Johns to leave to have any chance of improvement, although its been so bad from the beginning having both Johns and lee gone would be the best thing for the book.

2. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

All-Star Western, Wonder Woman, Earth 2 and Batman have been the best books of the New 52. Aquaman, Animal Man and Swamp Thing have been pretty good as well.

3. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Nah there's a big time difference since Lee left. If there wasn't book, I would have dropped the book completely and not given it another chance if it was still the same. It's not perfect either, but it's vastly improved. I also much prefer Ivan Reis too.

4. Nerys Myk

Ivan Reis is spectacular. He is the love child of Neal Adams and Alan Davis.

5. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I'm reading Batman, Batman/Robin, Superman, Action Comics, Batman/Superman, Justice League, JLA, World's Finest, Green Lantern, probably shortly dropping GLC and GL:NG

6. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

So have they said yet if they are going to pick a permanent co-star for Batman and (Robin) anytime soon?

7. Nerys Myk

The Huntress!!!! ;)

8. Mike Farley

Mike Farley Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Speaking of Robins, I wonder if we're going to be seeing the introduction of Dick Grayson in Batman Zero Year. With only 5 years to work in, they can't delay Robin's origin too much.

9. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm sure we'll see Dick near the end of Zero Year. They're introducing Babs, so I see no reason why we wouldn't see Dick, and Nightwing is supposed to tie-in to Zero Year as well in his book.

10. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Really?

11. Hound of UIster

Hound of UIster Vice Admiral Admiral

It's probably Carrie Kelly.

12. Nerys Myk

No.

13. theenglish

theenglish Vice Admiral Admiral

If there is not going to be a new Robin on the way then why is this book still going? It should just be rebooted as Brave and the Bold during the Batman team-up years.

14. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

This "Batman and Guest Star" is just a single arc, it'll be "Batman and Robin" again soon enough. I know they're doing a long Two Face arc, then it'll probably be B&R again.

15. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

I gave up on Dial H, but I think I'll get the final issue tomorrow since it promises answers.

16. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

I read one issue of Dial H because the Flash crossed over with it and found it very strange. Definitely not my cup of tea.

17. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

I decided to give Wonder Woman a chance after only reading the first two issues back when the New 52 first started. I actually really enjoyed it. I'm caught up with the book, and its very entertaining. It also is basically a whole different WW than the JL book, which is great because she is horrible in that book (and about a foot shorter :rommie: ). The WW book basically just ignores all of the outside stuff, like the Superman/WW fan fiction Johns is writing. This article had a funny quote

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/08...ing-for-stephanie-brown-to-come-up-naturally/

I thought this was a great quote. Azzarello seems about as impressed with Johns fan fiction as I am :lol: Anyway, outside of a few flaws (like horrible designs for the greek gods) the WW book is very good. Not my favorite New 52 book, but definately up there now.

18. theenglish

theenglish Vice Admiral Admiral

The designs for the gods seem to fall into the realm of something that would appear in Gaiman's Sandman. As for the story and the rest of continuity in the new 52, Azzarello seems to be taking the Morrison approach and ignoring anything outside of his own book. A way to resolve this though, is to simply write the WW title as a "five years earlier" backstory.

19. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

That was kind of what I was thinking. I'll admit I don't follow this stuff real closely, but I was just curious because I hadn't heard about them introducing a new Robin, but the book was still technically B&R. So I was assuming there must have been either a new Robin on the horizon, or a new permanent title for the book.

20. Nerys Myk

All books should be written that way.