Smallville Summer Hiatus Thread III (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Admiral_Young, May 20, 2010.

1. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

I keep thinking back to a great quote Lionel used on Chloe when they were talking in the Daily Planet I think during season five after Chloe kept calling Kryptonite meteor rocks (which they still do all the time on the show) and he replies to her along the line of "isn't it time to grow up now Ms. Sullivan? Haven't we grown beyond your quaint high school quips" he was referring to her now having knowledge of Clark's secret and still calling Kryptonite meteor rocks. I just thought it was a fantastic line...one of my favorite pieces of dialogue in all of Smallville and now I miss John Glover!! The old glorious bastard.

2. Broccoli

Broccoli Vice Admiral Admiral

^ I think it was the term "meteor freaks" that Lionel called her out on.

3. Admiral_Young

^ It was along with the fact that Chloe now possessed knowledge of what they really were yet she still called it by that incorrect description.

4. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

^
    Clark used the term "Kryptonite infected people" I want to say season 3...in "Extinction". I think they have been using the term "meta-humans" S8 & S9...they have grown up a little I guess. :lol:

5. Broccoli

I know. I was just added to what you already said. :)

6. Admiral_Young

^ and for some reason I repeated myself again sorry :(

7. Broccoli

^ That's okay. Based on my response, clearly I can't type tonight.

8. Admiral_Young

Welling says the main theme for Season Ten he wants to explore is "reunions" and wants the return of both Kristen and Michael and is willing to do anything to get them back. You guys better pony up then Tommy boy and start talking to Mike right now because I don't think they are gonna come back for the sake of coming back.

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Mega-Buzz-CSI-1018940.aspx

9. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

^
    What about Pete? :lol:

MR & KK shouldn't have a problem doing an episode...last season of the series.
    I want to see LV again for sure. :D

10. Admiral_Young

^ LOL...um Pete's not available right now please call back and try again later.

11. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

I can see it now; Watchtower Tours, Inc.

:techman:

12. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

^
    The sad thing is just about anyone can get to the Fortress...Clark really needs to build his robots. :lol:

S10 Prediction...Clark's Super-Robots. :lol:

13. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Great shades of the Matrix! Hundreds of cgi Wellings trying to take over the earth? Would they each try to take over the earth, would one of them be dominant or would they work together equally?

14. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

The red queen is there to protect his secret but she sews him a suit to wear in public? Does she want full disclosure and a public outing or does she want him skulking in the shadows like the batman?

MAKE UP YOUR MIND MARTHA!?

How come the old lady playing Martha in Lois and Clark can make jokes about showing off Clark's super package by hemming the bugger in 2 sizes to small around his bollocks, but I would be amazed and aghast if smallvilles Martha could ever say anything so DIRTY.

But then did Dean have a better body than Welling? A starker silhouette to his super package? Or is it mearely that we call Welling "Welling" Like Seinfeld calls Newman "Newman" as a reflection of our contempt of the actor pooping all over the Superman mythos so well ?

15. Admiral_Young

@Guy Gardner I remember listening to the audio commentary for the pilot of "Lois and Clark" and the creator (her name escapes me now) stated that Dean bulked up for the part and worked out continuously throughout the series to keep up his physique. I'm sure Tom does the same but we've only seen him in those damn jacket, t-shirt, and jeans over the last nine years.

I bet all the Superbots will fly too...Fortress security on Smallville isn't tight at all, people just keep on walking in and out whenever they want. I suppose that transport key is supposed to be like the Silver Age Superman's gold key (All Star Superman also had an updated key) but people can still reach it if they have the location. Even the DonnerVerse Fortress wasn't well protected...if you could find it it's easy pickings as Luthor did at least two occasions (if you assume that Returns Lex is the same as Superman The Movie and II Lex which I do).

16. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

Isn't calling it a "fortress" at this point just abusing the term anyway ? :)

17. Admiral_Young

^ Good point LOL. He barely goes there anyway...and his father hasn't spoken to him since...damn...forgot now when the last time Jor-El spoke to Clark. I suppose the last time we heard him was during the eighth season finale when Tess heard his voice in the orb that released the Kandorian clones.

18. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Fleet Admiral Admiral

Well, if "fortress" doesn't work then "solitude" is surely out.

19. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

He'll be available in about 5 to 10 years

;)

He started out looking like any other model but then he adapted the Christian Bale workout
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. Broccoli

The Voice of Jor-El last appeared in "Echo" this season.

And the fortress having no security doesn't bother me. It seems like all places that should have high security don't in Smallville (LuthorCorp, Luthor Mansion, US Government websites...)