Starship Farragut: The Animated Episodes Questions

Discussion in 'Fan Productions' started by FalTorPan, Jun 18, 2008.

1. NEO f/x

NEO f/x Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

For an early review of Act 3, please see this: http://www.fastcopyinc.com/orionpress/reviews/the_needs_of_the_many.htm

It does have a few spoilers, so be careful if you don't want ruin the act for yourself.

A few people have asked if I am upset with the 96% rating and the comment "A for artistry, C- for the story". To them I say NO...I am very happy.

I look at both episodes as a single accomplishment for NEO f/x. That fact that one reviewer liked one episode slightly more than the next is just like the fans. Some may like The Needs of the Many more than Power Source. One is a true original Trek adventure, and the other appeals to the harder core fan. While both stand on their own, I am glad that we could release two episodes that together show a great accomplishment in the fan-film world.

Enjoy!

2. Potemkin_Prod

Potemkin_Prod Commodore Commodore

Sorry to hear that a few people thought you might be upset.

I gave it a 96 in the quick review section. Fred Dixon, our fan film reviewer, had some problems with the story and gave it "A for the production values, an A for the voice talent and a C- for the story. Despite the drawbacks of the story, this is another real TAS episode." Both reviews are quite positive.

Sure, both our reviews were more favorable for "Power Play" -- I gave it a 100. Fred gave it A's across the board. But it just goes to show that two fans can have similar opinions on one episode and quite different opinions on another.

3. NEO f/x

To be clear...I was happy with the review. And I think you pointed out something that is present in every TV show and movie...some people will like it, some people won't. That is just the nature of the beast. If we had done one episode, we would be locked into one story and style. With a couple episodes we might actually reach a wider audience.

Anyway, I am very pleased with both of these episodes, and am glad fans find one or both appealing for different reasons.

4. NEO f/x

5. Kelso

Kelso Vice Admiral Admiral

On the destruct button until the last minute!
    Fun stuff! That one Gorn sounded just like Ruk. Are there more of these coming?

6. NEO f/x

Nothing except very (and I mean VERY) preliminary work on a story concept. No plans at this time for a third episode at this time, but keep the faith...I get bored easy and there is nothing like taking 2 years off to make a cartoon :)

7. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

A "questions" thread may not be the best place for this, but I saw "The Needs of the Many" yesterday. I liked it!
    The only thing missing was an Arex-alike nonhumanoid alien on the crew.

I found it very amusing that in the space of a two-minute conversation on the hanger deck the security guy could fall so totally in love :lol:

I hope a third animated episode gets made one day!

8. NEO f/x

I know you mention non-humanoid, but I think Thelin counts as the 'alien'

You know, that very thing bugged me about "Space Seed" when I was a kid. However, I am not sure 'love' is the correct term here. I feel it was more about admiration and respect. Prescott is a rather 'by the book' guy, but Carmen was able to break through that exterior and reach the 'human' portion of Prescott. Ironic...the rest of the crew is more about returning her and keeping the timeline, and the 'by the book' guy regrets it...

9. FalTorPan

FalTorPan Vice Admiral Admiral

I finally watched the second episode. Fun stuff! The writing was stronger this time around, and I loved hearing Lou Scheimer's voice again!

10. Kail

Kail Commodore Commodore

You know, Kelso and I have some very good story ideas.

11. Stompy

Stompy Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I'd love to be in an actual episode but until that happens I'll just settle for Kail TASing me...

[​IMG]

Oh-that IS Chase's character in the pic with me

12. Freman

Freman Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I just downloaded these to watch, and am going to be burning a DVD when I get home in the morning. They LOOK GREAT!!!

But....can somebody please PLEASE tell me how to print the DVD covers found on the Farragut Animated website so they are the actual size of a DVD cover? Like "so simple a monkey could do it"- type instructions? lol I've tried everything and I keep getting only half the cover and it fills one whole piece of computer paper.

13. Barbreader

Barbreader Fleet Captain In Memoriam

14. Freman

yeah. I actually got it to work by printing it in the Windows Photo Wizard. :)

15. Barbreader

If you'd be kind enough to PM how you did that to me, or post it here, I'll add it to my Farragut webpage at Star Trek Reviewed!

16. Freman

I just saved the jpeg into My Photos. Then when you hit Print from My Photos it opens the Photo Wizard. Gives you a bunch of size options and I just used the full page (cropped to fit) option.

17. Freman

Hey I've been waiting around a week for someone to activate my forum account over at SSF. Any idea how much longer???

18. Barbreader

No idea, but their forum is very slow. Sometimes I think I'm the only person who posts there!

19. USS Intrepid

USS Intrepid Commodore Commodore

Facebook has slowed down everyones' forum traffic. Which is why most fanfilms have Facebook pages as well. :)

20. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

There are a few folks who post regularly over at Farragut. You can expect a major update on their work down in St Mary's in the next day or two, at http://www.starshipfarragut.com.

Interest in BBS forums in general is declining in favor of FaceBook and blog formats. I finally shut down my forums because the traffic was too low to justify the expense and other avenues are more useful for publicity purposes.