teacake does Stargate: punch it

Discussion in 'Stargate' started by teacake, Oct 7, 2012.

1. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Actually, no. But further explanation would be serious spoilers.

2. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

Andromeda Season 3 - Episode 21: Daniel, Teal'c and Martouf are all in the same episode. Something to think about. And of course, there's also another character from SG1 in the episode, but, River Song would object if I said more.

(Though, I'd recommend Charlie Jade or Earth Final Conflict S1 - 4 before Andromeda for your next adventure)

3. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

I think I'll do Charlie Jade and then maybe an Atlantis rewatch, just to really immerse myself in Stargate. There won't be any spoiler fears there.

Martouf, he's a creepy looking guy.

4. teacake

Well I'm going on the info Daniel has right now in the series and by that info he's made a very bad judgment call as far as his marriage goes.

5. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

Heh, I figgered the SGA rewatch would be right behind the SG1, and then you'd be ready for something new.

Really, I thought Martouf was kinda hot in SG1, though yea, the actor can do some pretty creepy looking characters

6. gturner

gturner Admiral

Yeah, in my advice column on P2X-429, being taken over by a Goa'uld was a frequent cause of marital tension. Usually the Goa'uld partner would become very demanding, sometimes insufferably overbearing, and it can be difficult to restore a nice balance to the relationship.

So first off, Goa'uld partner, don't kill your spouse just because you find them inferior. Human partner, even Goa'uld sometimes need encouragement when they face life's difficulties, such as when their beautiful new fleet gets wiped out by a rival System Lord. Just be there for them, perhaps making them some comfort food and just listening as they rant and rave about their foiled plans for galactic domination.

7. teacake

HOT?@?

Well you and I friend will never bitch fight over a man.

8. teacake

COMFORT FOOD?

Have you seen these people's dwelling?

Sparse. Aesthetic. Minimalist.

Here Sweetie, have a wheat nub.

9. gturner

gturner Admiral

The Goa'uld do seem to be set on tents, huts, and ancient or classical architecture crossed with technology-chic straight out of Captain Proton.

10. Silvercrest

Silvercrest Vice Admiral Admiral

Is that a straight line or what?

Well, biologically the statement is correct. It's beyond that where it gets complicated.

11. teacake

Yes it's always interesting to try and find in universe reasons for low budgets :lol:

I was thinking particularly of the Tokra though. I know they were fleeing and just building those tunnels fresh every time but they seemed to have zilch, nothing to sit on etc..

12. gturner

gturner Admiral

Yes, you'd think if there was just one hoarder among the false gods with starships who live for thousands of years, his garage full of junk would be vastly larger than the Smithsonian, the Royal Museum, the Long Beach peer, and the desert aircraft boneyards. From comparing the show to Storage Wars, American Pickers, or any other reality show, a three-thousand year-old Goa'uld accumulates less stuff than a fifty-year old welder who likes lamps, signs, and oil cans.

13. teacake

Perhaps if you live for thousands of years you transcend the desire for material goods.

And yet.. they still like their eyeshadow.

14. teacake

Show and Tell: WHO YOU GONNA CALL? The Tokra apparently. Factional, political, ghosty stuffs. Hope to see more of the Reetou though I can so do without the sappy Jack's wannabe son storyline. If some bald patchwork fail kid wanted to be MY son I'd uhh.. take him to MacDonalds and leave him there. Yeah.

15. teacake

1969: Now that was fun! Everyone looked great, Carter was particularly beautiful in hippie gear and Teal'c made quite the cool cat. Speaking of cats in the scene where the SG:1 team sit in the young Catherine Langford's parlor and try to extract from her the location of the mothballed stargate there is the continual meowing of a cat in the background. No cat is ever seen. Anyone know what that's about?

I would have liked to have known what happened to the hippie couple, if they dodged the draft or if the poor guy went off to Vietnam. I'd hoped we'd see them 30 years later.

And GO General Hammond, keeping all that under wraps and checking out Carter's hands every day :lol: I guess he did a good job not letting on he knew who Teal'c was when he first met him, and that he was going to be one of them.

[​IMG]

Everyone looking like they've had a little too much LDS.

16. lurok

lurok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Lost in the EU expanse with a nice cup of tea
    One of my fave fun episodes (along with the WormHole Extreme one). I'm also with Sindatur on Martouf :) Surprised he never showed up as one of Tapping's boys on Sanctuary.

17. teacake

^She had quite the bevy of lads didn't she?

Out of Mind pt.1: So we have a story with a twist, a dramatic ending, the return of the glorious Hathor.. and a series of too-long flashbacks that could have been mentioned in few words or a single image for each. They couldn't take a perfectly good plot and make an entire episode out of it for the season finale? Blech. How disappointing.

However something very exciting has happened in this episode, though it remains to be seen whether it continues.

SOMEONE HAS CUT DANIEL'S HAIR!

:: happy happy happy ::

And on to Season 3.. and hoping the flashbacks don't continue for the opening episode.

Oh and just so this episode isn't a total write off here's a pic of Carter in a silver towel.

[​IMG]

18. teacake

Into the Fire pt 2: No flashbacks! Was there a writer's strike for pt 1? While not exactly riveting it was a fine action adventure.

There were several lovely elements..

[​IMG]

The beautiful Tokra agent. Also appeared on Battlestar Galactica as a deckhand.

And then we also got O'Neill swanning around in a white suit, his hair rather suddenly very silver. It's a great look.

[​IMG]

"Welcome to Fantasy Island.."

I'm looking forward to what Season 3 has in store!

19. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

More likely, the budget ran out, or they had a really close deadline for filming part 1. Or both.

20. 46379.1

46379.1 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Both Showtime (seasons 1-5) and Sci Fi insistead on doing clip show / flashback episodes during the end of the seasons. Probably, as Wormhole said, to save some money,