Agents of SHIELD. Season 1 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Trekker4747, Sep 25, 2013.

1. kitik

kitik Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Oh, I didn't mean they'd 100% reveal everything about Koenig in the first episode.

But I do expect that the question about him will be raised on screen.

2. kitik

kitik Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Now that we're at the end of season 1, it's safe to say that this show does inspire confidence. I expect the writer and showrunners to deliver in season 2 the same way they did at the end of this season.

That said, I just rewatched episode 11 "The Magical Place". When Raina has Coulson in that machine that helps him unlock his memories of Tahiti, there is a quick shot of him waking up on the operating table that was preceded by a very cosmic looking outer space shot and the now very familiar alien map/language/directions.

That's the type of scene that gains even more meaning after watching the whole season.

3. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

I doubt they'll play up the Koenig angle as a serious mystery, given that they've already been going there with Coulson and Skye. I could see them working it in a humorous way, though...make it a running gag that nobody's sure what the hell's up with this guy.

4. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

I wonder if we'll ever meet the Koenigs' other brother John, who runs Fury's secret moonbase. I think he's been posted there since 1999.

5. Avalon

Avalon Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

:bolian:

6. Duncan MacLeod

Duncan MacLeod Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Didn't he accidentally get himself blown up shortly after getting there? I know there was some kind of explosion. ;)

7. shivkala

shivkala Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I wonder another of his brothers, Walter, works for S.W.O.R.D. on some kind of trek through the stars for sentient worlds.

8. Star Wolf

Star Wolf Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

You all remember when we had a moon. My, this is an old board.

9. cylkoth

cylkoth Commodore Commodore

:lol: Obviously HYDRA built the nuclear waste disposal sites...

10. DWF

DWF Admiral Admiral

Good one!! :guffaw::guffaw::guffaw::guffaw:

11. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

Don't forget the fifth brother, Friedrich Koenig. He's the one who prints the lanyards.

12. Enterprise1701

Enterprise1701 Commodore Commodore

Plus in "The Bridge" the upgraded Centipede users had more Centipede implants on their forearms and upper backs. Then in "End of the Beginning" when Peterson debuted with his combined Deathlok/Centipede armor, he had a big orange Centipede thingy on his back. I'm not sure if it's aesthetic or actual since it poses a big target.

13. Christopher

In Doctor Who, the one weakness of the Sontarans is a vent in the back of the neck. The Doctor implied once that they were engineered this way so that they would always have to face their enemies in battle and never retreat.

14. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

Saw the cast of SHIELD this Saturday at Comicpalooza; everyone from the main cast was there except for Fitz and Skye, who were "working" (didn't say where or on what). The actor who played Ward, Brett Dalton, talked about how he didn't know he was Hydra until one day before the script-read, and how he actually teared up about it, since he thought he'd be killed off before the season was over. Ming-Na talked about how the role was supposed to be a black woman, but they decided to cast her instead. The female agent was supposed to be named "Rice," but she pointed out that they would have to change that if they cast her---for obvious reasons.

Clark Gregg said Deathlok/Mike Peterson was his favorite character and that he hoped the Coulson/May relationship would continue to be expanded upon. Elizabeth Henstridge tried to very tactfully answer a teen girl's question about whether Simmons loved Fitz the way Fitz loved Simmons,and J. August Richards, "Mike," just laughed and said, "Oooh, poor Fitz. Sounds like he's in the Friend Zone!"

Stan Lee made a surprise appearance; he just popped in to congratulate everyone on the success of the show, and then asked when his next cameo appearance would be.

They all seemed very nice, especially Clark Gregg, and everyone had a very good time. They got a standing ovation from a very crowded auditorium.

15. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

^ I like that Stan Lee even cameos in comic panels.

16. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

:lol:

17. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

Was her first name Condoleezza? :rommie:

She might not even know at this point.

18. Christopher

Heck, Lee, Kirby, and other Marvel creators were writing themselves into their comics as far back as the '60s -- for instance, Lee and Kirby getting kicked out of Reed and Sue Richards's wedding (a scene homaged in Rise of the Silver Surfer). The running gag was that Marvel Comics actually existed within the Marvel Universe and published comics based on the real adventures of the superheroes (although with some differences from the ones we read, e.g. using a fake secret identity for Spider-Man because they didn't know who he really was).

Althea, as I recall.

19. bbjeg

bbjeg Admiral Admiral

Rewatching the series after it's completion is definitely more revealing. They put hints throughout it and it neat noticing them the second time around.

20. LaxScrutiny

LaxScrutiny Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Stan is the man.