Quick Firefly Question

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by teacake, Jul 15, 2011.

1. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

2. CmdrAJD

CmdrAJD Commodore Commodore

I would guess it's something from the blooper reel, but the ship in the background looks like part of the the junkyard from "Ariel." I could very easily be completely wrong on that, though.

3. ITL

ITL Vice Admiral Admiral

Blooper reel from the Big Damn Movie, I should think. Look at his braces (suspenders, to you colonials) - he only wore that type in the movie.

ETA: The ship looks like the one they found on Miranda - it has the same registry as the ship from Forbidden Planet, IIRC. Shakespeare references FTW!

Last edited: Jul 15, 2011
  4. Sci

Sci Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm fairly certain that's from Serenity, the film. It has a very bleached out, overly-white background, and that's something that never happened on the show. It's probably from one of the scenes on Miranda, possibly from the scene where he's standing on Miranda, looking contemplatively at something we can't see just before it cuts to him deciding it's time to bring the truth of Miranda to the 'Verse.

5. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Agreed.

6. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

It's from production on Serenity - he's standing in front of an Alliance aircraft/shuttle with the designation "C57D" which only appears in that film. Yeah, probably behind-the-scenes stuff.

7. David cgc

David cgc Admiral Premium Member

Yep, it's at 4:19 or so. If you haven't seen the movie, you'll want to stop the video immediately after the dance, as there's a pretty big spoiler not long after that.

8. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Thank you!! Hopefully I have that blooper segment on my dvd.