"One of our best agents" - NOT Harrison?

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by WarpFactorZ, Apr 17, 2013.

1. WarpFactorZ

WarpFactorZ Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

On re-watching the new trailer, something dawned on me. Adm. Marcus says the London attack was carried out by "one of our top agents." There has been back and forth about whether this referred to Harrison or the unlucky father with the ring.

The surveillance video record of Harrison shown in the trailer, however, clearly says:

Starfleet Records
    John Harrison
    UNKNOWN UNKNOWN

Could this suggest that Harrison ISN'T the "top agent" being referenced? Or that "John Harrison" isn't his real name?

2. The Doctor

The Doctor Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The prevailing theory is that the 'best agent' referenced in the dialog is Mickey the idiot.

3. shapeshifter

shapeshifter Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Compare that to the final frames of CID, he's accessing a computer terminal at London Starfleet Data Archives; "ACCESS GRANTED: HARRISON, JOHN"

He deleted himself?

Last edited: Apr 17, 2013
  4. WarpFactorZ

WarpFactorZ Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The line "... one of our best agents" doesn't quite mesh with Kirk's later question to Harrison: "Who the hell are you?" He already knows because he was at the meeting and talked to Marcus -- he's John Harrison, one of Starfleet's best agents.

:confused:

There's a lot of editing going on in theses trailers, though, so my suspicion is the story pans out differently than what we've been shown.

5. 3chordboy

3chordboy Commander Red Shirt

yep, totally agree with you. i think JJ and his minions are messing with us...i think the best agent line will be in reference to Noel Clarke's character.

i'm really hoping to be completely surprised when i sit down to watch this on 9th May :D

6. ROBE

ROBE Commander Red Shirt

Abrams your messing with my head man, your messing with my head!

7. SonicRanger

SonicRanger Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Think Jason Bourne. He has a name, but he's a superspy with a deleted past and changed name.