Next movie, let the woman wear pants.

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Dusty Ayres, Dec 1, 2009.

1. Yeoman Randi

Yeoman Randi Vice Admiral Admiral

Call me old fashioned, but i love the short skirts. But then, i was raised on TOS and they're just a nice throwback to the series that i love.

2. Rusty0918

Rusty0918 Commander Red Shirt

I'm not a fan of those miniskirts as uniforms either, as I consider them entirely inappropriate altogether.

However, I do understand there are a lot of you folks who drool over them.

I think what they should do is put another female character in; perhaps make her chief of security. She can wear trousers while Uhura and half the background chicks can still wear those short skirts. Fair compromise, eh?

3. Kane_Steel

Kane_Steel Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I'd rather they not introduce a new non-canon character.

If they need another female, bring on Yeoman Rand.. but she would definitely need a miniskirt.

4. shapeshifter

shapeshifter Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yeah. I believe the situation should dictate what is appropriate attire at any given time, that clothing should be Mission specific.

5. urbandk

urbandk Commodore Commodore

My top preference would be skants for men and pants for women. After that, I'd settle for pants for everyone.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2009
  6. Alpha Romeo

Alpha Romeo Vice Admiral Admiral

Ah...no.

7. CommanderRaytas

CommanderRaytas DISCO QUEEEEEEN Rear Admiral

Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic

Olivia rocks! Plus, she wears practical shoes to work. I never got how you were supposed to chase people on foot whilst wearing high heels.

8. Jeri

Jeri Vice Admiral Admiral

CR, we're just working our way through the DVD's from last season. We got to the episode yesterday where she busts out of that lab where they're holding her and giving her a spinal tap. I was laughing with glee all the way through that scene. She didn't need a guy; she totaled all those agents herself and then stole their SUV. :lol:

I'm digging your new avatar.

9. Spork111

Spork111 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

It would be amazing if they give Spock a similar line in the next one. Considering how Bob and Alex are Galaxy Quest fans, I wouldn't be surprised! :lol:

10. Jeri

I guess I shouldn't be surprised they are GQ fans. :lol: I've seen it a jillion times; had it on permanent save in HD in our TiVo until it blew up.

11. CommanderRaytas

Oh yeah, that episode rocks. I love Fringe, I love Olivia and I always had a thing for Joshua Jackson....:)

And thank you! You know I love Milo, and this one's particularly cute. :adore:

12. Jeri

Joshua Jackson is adorable.

13. The Castellan

The Castellan Commodore Commodore

Keep the skirts. :p

If merely a short skirt makes some people upset....my fic character's gonna give these same people choronaries. :D

14. thesovereignman

thesovereignman Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

fixed

15. Maxillius

Maxillius Commander Red Shirt

How about this: Miniskirt only available to female crew with an ass, thus making sure Uhura gets pants.

Seriously, they're like sticks.

16. CommanderRaytas

Isn't he? I love his Fringe mafia chic. Also, in this show, he gets to torture people with a coffee cup! Yay! :D

Oh, on topic, if people want to wear skirts, they should be allowed to. If in doubt, watch that South Park episode on tolerance.

17. ParticleMan

ParticleMan Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

The one thing that jumped out to me about the women's uniforms on the Enterprise (which applies to TOS as well, I guess) is that the super short sleeves mean that none of the women have rank insignia...how do you know what rank the female characters are? It never hit me watching TOS, but it did during the new movie...

And would a female captain still wear the skirt? Granted, we never saw a female captain during TOS, but it is a possibility in future films...

18. EnsignRicky

EnsignRicky Commodore Commodore

I'm ok with the skirts, hell, make them shorter. But for the love of God give the women some sleeves. That way maybe I can tell what rank they are; When I'm not too distracted by their legs.

Edit: /\ Pretty much what ParticleMan said.

19. ParticleMan

ParticleMan Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

We never saw on TOS (or in the new film for that matter) many females who wasn't "support" personnel, did we? Rand was a yeoman...Chapel a nurse...Uhura was probably the highest ranked female that we saw other than Number One in The Cage, and she had a uniform more like the men's uniforms.

20. Nick Ryder

Nick Ryder Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Well I always had a thought that you could basically still have the XI movie uniform,with maybe some tight fitting slacks/tights that would go under the skirt. Although I too would give them sleeves too. Or at least an over jacket.