The Night Crew

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by JonathonWally, Sep 2, 2008.

1. PlainSimpleJoel

PlainSimpleJoel Fleet Admiral Premium Member

The wait for new Doctor Who will be interesting. I loved the second last episode. Haven't watch it again in a while.

2. JonathonWally

JonathonWally Admiral Admiral

For me, September - December goes so fast, The Christmas Special is right around the bend.

3. PlainSimpleJoel

Normally I watch it on my ABC (Australian Broadcasting Commission), but this year, I decided to watch it via other means (youtube). The quality wasn't as good. But it was still awesome. In case you haven't guessed, Heroes is the show I most want to see at the moment. Probably change my avatar several times a week. Decided against using the Heroes theme with "Admirals Rule!"

4. JonathonWally

I had no choice to watch it by other means, since I didn't want to wait a month or two. But, I still watched it again when it finally aired here.

Since the Christmas special will air on Christmas in England, but probably not till March here, there's no way I'm looking forward to 3 more months of waiting.

5. thestrangequark

thestrangequark Admiral Admiral

Oh, it's hysterical. I found They Do it With Mirrors, Murder on the Orient Express (well, that one wasn't exactly hidden), Cards on the Table, The Body in the Library, Endless Night, N or M, "Murder at the vicar's rage" alluded to Murder at the Vicarage, and I wouldn't be surprised if the worked in The Man in the Brown Suit, though I'll have to give it another go. I'm sure there are others.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2008
  6. PlainSimpleJoel

Normally here it airs 3 months after England sees it. With next year's stuff, not sure when it will screen here, or when I'll watch it. Yet to decided if I'll watch online.

7. JonathonWally

Laws are different in your country than in mine, so i'd best not go into any detail.

8. PlainSimpleJoel

I know ... but many things are different between USA and Australia. Sport especially. :guffaw:

9. JonathonWally

There's a tiny cricket league not too far from me. I learned that from a link you sent me a while back.

10. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I'm back!

I was at my best friend's apartment playing "Lego Indiana Jones" on PS2.

I apologize for my absence.

11. thestrangequark

^I swear, games like that, books like The Physics of Star Trek -- it's like there is some ultimate competition: Who can create the geekiest thing ever?

12. JonathonWally

As you should

13. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Have you played Lego Star Wars?!

BEST GAME EVER.

14. JonathonWally

I agree, it's up there. I still have to rebuy it for 360 so I can play it again, because to me it's worth the money since I can't have both systems hooked up at the same time and it would be a total hassle to rewire things everytime I wanted to play it.

15. PlainSimpleJoel

One of my favourite ever games was Warlords 2 for the PC. I only have a few games now, with an older PC.

16. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Lego Indiana Jones is okay. I don't think it's quite as good as Star Wars. It's a lot less intuitive. You need the strategy guide just to get through it.

I heard that next they're doing Lego Batman.

17. JonathonWally

I heard that too, in fact, I heard it back before Lego IJ was released. I think i'll skip Indiana Jones for now, and wait for Batman.

Too many good games are coming out in the next few months and I want to choose carefully

18. thestrangequark

Oh, you gamers. I've just never understood the appeal of video games. And the more complicated they are, the less interested I become -- not complicated as in difficult, but complicated as in, well, universes and rpg's and all that jazz. I do enjoy a game of Tetris (original game cartridge, by the way), but that's about it.

19. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I am definitely not a gamer. I haven't regularly played video games since Nintendo 64, and even then I didn't do it much.

2 years ago I played Lego Star Wars. And now I'm playing Indiana Jones. I don't own any systems. I just do it at my friend's place.

20. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

For me it's being part of a story rather than just passively following along.

You will struggle to find a better Science Fiction story and greater characterisation in a film or TV show than you'd find in Half-Life 2.