STAR TREK T-Shirts: Does anyone wear them?

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by ReadyAndWilling, Jun 6, 2011.

1. ReadyAndWilling

ReadyAndWilling Fleet Captain

[​IMG]

good morning everyone. i consider myself a huge Star Trek fan and this forum has become an important part of my life. i've seen most of the series, however, i need to do some catching up.

i was curious if anyone here ever wore ST gear. i'm not talking about dressing up as a drone or miles obrien. i'm just curious if anyone here wears fan shirts, even if it's just a t-shirt that says 'Star Trek' in bold letters. where can you find these?

thanks

2. plynch

plynch Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I have great one: four spocks a la Andy Warhol, and in the last one his expression is different.

3. scotpens

scotpens Professional Geek Premium Member

Yes, plenty of people wear Star Trek fan shirts. They’re called “geeks.”

That’s okay, we’re all geeks here.

4. Bad Atom

Bad Atom Commodore Commodore

5. captcalhoun

captcalhoun Admiral Admiral

oh, i'm blatant. i wear one with the Starfleet Command seal from DS9 on the front and one with Seven in the silver catsuit on and the name 'Star Trek: Voyager' at the bottom.

6. Art Vandelay

Art Vandelay Captain Captain

Sure, I wear this one quite regularly:

[​IMG]

7. sbk1234

sbk1234 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

When I was young, I wore them alot. Eventually, I only wore them at conventions. Now, I rarely wear one. However, I do have a Star Trek shirt that my students last year (actually an awesome room mom did all the work) got me, with all the kids' signatures. I plan on wearing it this year on the last day of school.

8. Nerys Ghemor

Nerys Ghemor Vice Admiral Admiral

9. Frontier

Frontier Vice Admiral Admiral

I would gladly wear a Trek T-Shirt if I could find them long enough for me. I'm 7 foot tall, and a 3XL -- largest most places make -- becomes a "belly shirt" on me, which, obviously, isn't a good look on any guy.

I've got one, a DS9 t-shirt that is a 5X. But it's not very comfortable because it's made for width, less than height.

Sigh.

I'm happy to pay for a shirt of proper length. I know it's going to cost me $30 for a good shirt. They just won't fucking make them!

When will companies realize, people come in different sizes not only in horizontally but vertically? :(

10. Tiberius

Tiberius Commodore Commodore

My girlfriend (Lt Rowy) has a few trek shirts that she wears...

11. Sean Aaron

Sean Aaron Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I have a "Live Long and Prosper" shirt from NEXT that I got as a Father's Day gift a few years ago. I like it. I also have two Defender shirts (the 1980s coin-op - my fave) and a purple tee with a giant green Space Invader on it. No problem flying the geek flag here.

Four of my mugs are Trek-related; they get regular use in the office.

12. sbk1234

sbk1234 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I used to have a shirt that said "Ten Forward Lounge" on it, but in the exact style of a Hardrock Cafe shirt. I liked that one because most people who weren't fans didn't even realize that it was a Trek shirt. Unfortunately, after many years, it just got worn out.

13. Shatnertage

Shatnertage Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I don't really wear t-shirts with logos and stuff on them, but if I did I would probably get a vintage-looking Trek t-shirt.

14. Geck

Geck Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I was photographed in my local paper wearing a TNG shirt when I was 9. I think that was the only Trek apparel I've ever owned...

15. JonnyQuest037

JonnyQuest037 Vice Admiral Admiral

Never had one to the best of my recollection, but I'd be willing to get one that was witty and/or well-designed.

I'd pay good money for a "Shatner. I'd fight William Shatner." t-shirt.

16. Kertrats47

Kertrats47 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

17. Scrambo

Scrambo Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I have a tos one that i brought for my dad who decided he would try and use it for painting & decorating so i nicked it & wear it as a night t-shirt when we stay round people's houses otherwise no but i would love a few every day ones sadly most t-shirts seem to be in men sizes or fitted tops.

Ive seen someone wear a red t-shirt at the hospital i work and it said "what colour's my shirt?.........oh crap" i giggled at that one.

18. Sean Aaron

Sean Aaron Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Mine has that "distressed" look where the print is made to look faded as if it was older than it is. Seems to be quite popular over here.

19. MikeS

MikeS Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I sometimes wear a "Haynes manual: Enterprise" T.shirt.

I also have a Next Gen coffee mug in the office.

20. WillsBabe

WillsBabe Vice Admiral Admiral

I've had a few trek t shirts over the years. My favourite was a retro 70s one that I had at the back end of the 80s. I wore it to death! I don't like Trek t shirts any more because I don't like the shirts - the standard t shirt design just doesn't suit me. Also I don't like the way that they often have some copyright logo on them, or say "Star Trek". I'd prefer something more subtle. If I'm going to wear a fannish shirt I like to design them myself and then put them on a more flattering shirt of my choice.