Will you be getting a PS4 or an Xbox One ?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Relayer1, Jun 13, 2013.

?

Will you be getting a PS4 and/or Xbox One ?

1. I'll get both

10 vote(s)
    10.6%
  2. Staying with Playstation (PS3 to PS4)

49 vote(s)
    52.1%
  3. Staying with Xbox (360 to One)

14 vote(s)
    14.9%
  4. Changing to Playstation (360 to PS4)

21 vote(s)
    22.3%
  5. Changing to Xbox (PS3 to One)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

^ I think his point is that there isn't much in the way of exciting exclusives for the PS4 on the horizon. I think it's a fair point.

Honestly though, even if I could afford to upgrade, I'd still be sticking with my PS3. There's just not enough incentive to be an early adopter for either system IMO.

2. Rincewiend

Rincewiend Admiral Admiral

And for the ones that get released on PS3 and PS4 X360/XB1 there really is no reason to get the PS4/XB1 version besides slightly prettier graphics...
    I'll be getting Watch_Dogs on PS3 and AC4:BF ooks and plays great on the PS3...

3. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I agree. The first PS4 game I'm really looking forward to is Infamous: Second Son. But thats just one game. It might take a while before PS4 builds up a big enough library for it to be worth it for me to make the switch.

4. FPAlpha

FPAlpha Vice Admiral Premium Member

Yeah i know what he meant but sarcasm on the internet is a bit tricky sometimes ;)

Personally i couldn't care less about which console is better.. they're both on a comparable level, they're both as good and bad as the others and at least the differences on graphic terms are not that big.

I'm just tired of the age old "my console is better than yours" bickering that i encounter everywhere when in fact it's all about the games.

Couldn't also care less about console exclusives because those you can count on one hand and i won't spend hundreds of bucks just so i can play 3-4 games i can't play on the other console. In the case of Titanfall the developers have already confirmed that Titanfall 2 won't be Xbox exclusive so there you go.. i can wait a while to play this on my console of choice, the PS4 (and that choice has nothing to do with the power of the consoles but my opinion that MS were extreme dicks to their customers and tried to subjugate them to their business model, something Sony didn't do or hid extremely well).

So to each their own, if someone gave me an Xbox One as a gift i'd be excited just as i'll be when i get around to actually finding a PS4 for the standard retailer price and not some 25% markup by vendors who happen to have a few.

5. Kelthaz

Kelthaz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

That's not true at all. Yes, most third party games are available on both systems, but exclusives are where it really matters. Sony has an excellent first and second party lineup of games and Nintendo is such a powerhouse that they can nearly support two entire systems with their exclusives alone. Microsoft's biggest problem, even more so than the price, is their lack of quality exclusives.

People buy systems for the games and with the exception of Titanfall there is no reason to buy an Xbox One over a PS4.

6. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

This has always been the reason I don't want an Xbox. The Playstation exclusive games are just so much more appealing to me. Aside from Halo, I couldn't even tell you what exclusive games Xbox offers.

7. Owain Taggart

Owain Taggart Vice Admiral Admiral

Do you have small hands? Asking because I do, and the PS3 is what I ended up getting when I was considering a console because the controllers felt much more comfortable for my small hands, whereas the XBox controller felt awkward. Though I hear there's more of a middle-ground this time around with the PS4 controller.

And yeah, as for exclusives, for the most part, it seems like the PS3/PS4 exclusives have more personality, which is another thing that attracted me to it.

8. Bob The Skutter

Bob The Skutter Complete Arse Cleft In Memoriam

I'm one of those freaks that liked the original xbox controller (for reference).

9. Hopeful Cynic

Hopeful Cynic Ensign Red Shirt

I plan on getting a PS4 at some point. It's just that the one has more exclusives that I want to play now and on the near horizon so I got it first. I just get sick of the "lol Xbone" shit.

10. Bob The Skutter

Bob The Skutter Complete Arse Cleft In Memoriam

11. Hopeful Cynic

Hopeful Cynic Ensign Red Shirt

:wah:

12. Roddenberry

Roddenberry Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Aye, tiny hands, inherited from my father, size (uk) 12 feet, which follows my mother's trait, who had size nines, monster sized for a woman born in the early nineteen-fifties.

13. MNM

MNM Captain Captain

I am leaning towards the PS4, but then with most of the games I will be buying the next gen sequels for (and probably importing characters/saves etc.. into the sequels) are ones I have all the DLC on the Xbox and not on the PS3, so I may eventually get the xbox One.

That said, I wont be buying either until Dragon Age 3 comes oout, so plenty of time to choose.

14. FPAlpha

FPAlpha Vice Admiral Premium Member

I feel like a broken record

Went into a big electronics chain today after work out of curiosity and saw more than 40 XOne's sitting there next to even more Wii U's but no PS4 anywhere in sight apart from the demo device (sidenote.. the controller feels really good).

Damn.. i don't believe MS has anything to complain about but when you see how hot people are for PS4's you kinda feel sorry for them.

15. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

The only person I feel sorry for is me...being unable to find a damn PS4! :lol:

16. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

Hey at least you probably have the option of looking at other stores to get it.

I was paying for the majority of the price of mine with Best Buy gift cards so if I wanted to get a PS4 cheaper than full price I had to wait for them to get one.

Still it was worth it to get a PS4 for about only $80.

17. Kelthaz

Kelthaz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Sony expects supply shortages to remain until around April. The launch in Japan last weekend used up everything they had left in stock, so you might have a long wait to get your hands on one.

18. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I probably don't need to spend the money right now anyway. My PS3 works perfectly fine.

19. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

Yeah, Amazon UK will finally have them in stock....a month from now.

20. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

The good ol' Duke. Now that was a man's controller.