The Action Figure and Toy Collecting and Discussion Thread!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by cooleddie74, Apr 7, 2012.

1. Itisnotlogical

Itisnotlogical Commodore Commodore

Nope. It came with a die and a base for some sort of action figure game, and I didn't look too close at the artwork but I think it was part of the Clone Wars series (the white and blue ones).

2. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant

Ahhhhh. The Movie Heroes one. The Galactic Battle Game die and base. Now I know which one you're talking about. Yeah, that Grievous is a lazy repack of an older Grievous figure from 2005(the Episode III one with "Four Lightsaber Attack" action feature), in fact that entire first wave of twelve or thirteen Movie Heroes figures is nothing but lazy repaints and repacks of older figures dating from as far back as 2002. That Grievous wasn't a particularly great one when he was new, much less almost seven years later. They should have gone with one of the ones from the 30th Anniversary(2007-08)or Legacy Collections(2008-10) because those were superior Grievous sculpts.

3. Davros

Davros Fleet Admiral Admiral

4. cooleddie74

Gumby toys are always fun. I wish I still had my old ones.

5. Davros

He might count as my first action figure. Him or my old Johny West.

6. cooleddie74

Some of the terrific stuff coming a little later this year! Some of those Vintage Collection figures as well as the motorized MTT vehicle are really scratching me where I itch...I just hope distribution improves somewhat before this product ships.

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5ub84fZd-Y&feature=fvwrel[/yt]

7. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

heh, same here. i had one of those bendy Gumby toys as a kid.

8. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

That droid carrier just looks plain amazing. Too bad I'm not into Star Wars toys as much as I used to be. I plan on going hunting for TDKR figures this weekend. We got a Wall Mart last month (May) in our town so I'm hoping they have some in stock. If not there are two TRU's I can search. Plus another Wall Mart by my best friends place. I'm going to probably pick up this as well if I can find it:

http://trusca.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/pTRUCA1-11898862_alternate1_dt.jpg

9. cooleddie74

2012 Wave 5(overall, Vintage Collection Wave 14) has just hit eBay.

Starkiller(Vader's Apprentice)
    Shae Vizla(Old Republic Bounty Hunter)
    Odd Ball(Clone Pilot)
    Grand Moff Tarkin
    Nikto(Skiff Guard)

Over a hundred bucks for five brand new figures? Keep 'em. My buddy at the local toy shop can probably get his hands on at least one set of these through his selling and trading contacts in the next week or two and I won't have to pay more than, oh, eleven or twelve dollars apiece for them.

Great looking and amazing figures, all five of 'em. But that price is a bit steep.

10. cooleddie74

Terrific and large new photos of the brand new Grand Moff Tarkin and his packaging...I can't wait for my friend's shop to get one of these! Collectors have been waiting for a definitive Peter Cushing figure since the modern STAR WARS figure line was launched in 1995 and we've finally gotten him. :cool:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

12. cooleddie74

And here's the new Nikto Skiff Guard, a startlingly screen-accurate remake of the very popular 1984 RETURN OF THE JEDI Nikto action figure that has had a dedicated following of fans and collectors over the past three decades. This is probably the best Jabba's skiff guard action figure yet made...of any species.

I'm not posting the cardback reverse of the figure because it's identical to that of Grand Moff Tarkin except for a few numbers.

[​IMG]

13. Admiral_Young

@cooleddie...you seem to be into the Star Wars toys...you have any idea if there has ever been a Jania Solo or Tenel Ka action figure?

14. cooleddie74

Yeah, Jaina Solo was made in 2008 or 2009 in the Legacy Collection line of figures along with her brother Jacen. To this day they remain two of the most valuable action figures from the Legacy Collection and very hard to find. They routinely go for high prices on eBay(as much as $120 for the pair in unopened packaging, believe it or not).

Check 'em out!

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_NotjaPoMk[/yt]

Tenel Ka, though? Not that I'm aware of.

15. Admiral_Young

Ahhhhh....I do remember those. Okay. Yeah I'm not surprised they go for so much. Jania and Jacen have always been popular. I wonder if there are any plans to go for a re-release at all in the near future.

16. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

Jacen and Jaina are nothing more than myths to me. I think barely anybody saw them.

So, I got a new job in a different town and will hopefully be moving there soon. I look around my room at my collection and think to myself "This is gonna be a bitch to pack." Ah, the downside to collecting. That, and I have to make sure I remember to change my address on all of my Hot Toys preorders.

17. cooleddie74

I sure as heck never saw either one of the Solo Twins around here. My buddy's toy shop got them once a long time ago but they were sold and he hasn't seen either one since then. Their particular wave of the Legacy Collection was abysmally hard for most people to find because it was released at the very tail end of that line. Other figures from that wave included the Dark Trooper and K'Kruhk, a Whiphid Jedi Knight. They all go for a pretty steep premium online.

18. cooleddie74

A great new shot of the brand new Starkiller(Galen Marek) figure from the Vintage Collection, based on the main character in the two THE FORCE UNLEASHED video games. This one is simply amazing in all sorts of ways and blows away the two previous incarnations of Galen/Starkiller which appeared a few years ago in two different multipacks...this is the very first time the character's ever been released on an individual cardback.

[​IMG]

I'm actually getting all five of the figures in this brand new wave on Tuesday at my friend's toy shop, so I can't wait to get my hands on these new releases and see how awesome they are in person and close-up. The entire wave comprises Starkiller, Grand Moff Tarkin, Nikto Skiff Guard, Odd Ball the Clone Pilot and Shae Vizla the female bounty hunter from the recent OLD REPUBLIC video game.

19. Lookingglassman

Lookingglassman Admiral Admiral

I am a Star Blazers/Robotech/Mechwarrior/Battletech collector. I have probably close to 2000 Mechwarrior/Battletech mechs. I have a few Space Cruiser Yamato ships and a whole bunch of books and even two old Japanese Records from the show. I many figures and veritech fighters and mecha from the Robotech series also.

Right now the room I keep them in is cluttered with unopened boxes of stuff I bought but haven't had time to open yet.

20. Davros

[​IMG]
    A sad little Gremlin