Batman Inc. The Yellow Oval Is Retunring!

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Admiral_Young, Aug 10, 2010.

1. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

I'm wasn't arguing with you. I was just stating how I prefer the yellow oval over the black bat design on the costume.

2. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

And then you have the chance of another Jason Todd mental stability issue.

I'm sure Dick's Batman would make a one liner like

"As if we didn't have enough psycho's wearing bat masks..."

One Batman goes rouge and decides to whip out all the others.

3. Snaploud

Snaploud Admiral Admiral

I always liked the idea that the yellow oval was a target to draw fire to the part of the Batsuit with the most protection.

4. Venardhi

Venardhi Vice Admiral Admiral

I like the bat oval symbol but I'm not a big fan of the yellow. Not exactly the ruination of Batman though.

5. JoeZhang

JoeZhang Vice Admiral Admiral

Maybe Dick will go back to wearing the hotpants.

6. Nick Ryder

Nick Ryder Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Ewwww... don't even joke about that! LOL

I like the new suit honestly and the whole Batmen idea is kinda interesting. Would also let there be a "Batman" all over the DCU even though Bruce could be at home in Gotham rebuilding his life and Dick could be taking to the streets with Damien. I always did think that there needs to be a "Street Level" Batman and a "World Level" Batman. I mean look at the old JLU show - Batman went from fighting street thugs and mobsters to all of a sudden defending Earth against alien invasions and other more worldly super powered threats. So uhm... while he was up on the Watchtower playing with Superman and Wonder Woman... who was minding the store in Gotham? Surely he didn't say "Hey Clark, Di.. I need to go and rough up some thugs in Gotham... just so they don't forget I'm still around. I'll be back. Want me to bring back donuts?"

7. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Presumably Nightwing, Batgirl, and Robin. There was a pretty substantial Bat-family operating in Gotham by that point in the DCAU.

8. God Magnus

God Magnus Commodore Commodore

A world where criminals operate above the law...
    I'd like to see this, a high level coordinator on an international front. Plus this provides Bruce with tons of more contacts and information around the globe than he may have now. Bruce may be super smart and all, but I can imagine that say, a native of Tokyo may know the city and its underworld better than Bruce does, or understand nuances of the culture Bruce may only have a high level of familiarity with. Of course,mileage will vary on this based on the writers of any of these "future Batmen".

9. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

"Dawg, I'm just not feeling it . . . ."

10. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

Bruce is Simon. Dick is Randy. So poor Tim gets to be Paula?!!!

11. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

Nah, Harley is Paula . . . .

12. Misfit Toy

Misfit Toy Caped Trek Mod Admiral

I'm reminded of the auditions in Mystery Men...

13. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

[Batman contender is fighting three goons. The first goes down, but he struggles with the last two. He takes out the third but is wheezing and having trouble standing straight.]
    Bruce Wayne/Batman: What the hell was that?
    Alan Ritchson: [nervously] Me being a superhero.
    Bruce Wayne/Batman: One of the worst I've ever seen.
    Alan Ritchson: [shocked] Okay.
    Bruce Wayne/Batman: Alan, I hate you so much, I want to shoot you in your face and I don't use guns! You little creepy piece of crap. You'll never been the goddamn Batman!
    Alan Ritchson: [quivering] All right.
    Tim Drake/Robin: I like you, but you're just not right for this competition.
    Dick Grayson/Batman: I gotta tell you for me, man, that was not even half good, dude. You can't fight. What're you doin' here, Alan? Go back to the minors and try again.
    Bruce Wayne/Batman: Dick, why the hell are you talking like that. Maybe we should have you go through a try out again!
    Dick Grayson/Batman: Maybe you should too. That clone was more Batman than you these days Mister 'Who Wants to be the Goddamn Batman'? Next thing you know they'll be saying we're gay for each other again and you'll hire Ryan Seacrest to host.
    Alan Ritchson: [Trying to get attention] Ex-excuse me but did I win?
    Bruce Wayne/Batman: What the hell do you think you little twit? Now get out of here before I use you for target practice.
    Tim Drake/Red Robin: [sigh]We're a strange batfamily.
    Alan Ritchson: I don't even care! They don't know what they's talkin' 'bout! Next time they hear about me, they-they-they's gonna be like, "We was wrong 'bout Alan". 'Cause, 'cause I's gonna be huge! I-I's gonna be bigger than every one of all y'all! [Looks at a sign for DC's AQUAMAN tryouts] That's the ticket! [goes inside to apply]

14. Admiral James Kirk

Admiral James Kirk Writer Admiral

I think it would be great if Jose Delgado was made the Batman of Metropolis. I always liked him as Gangbuster.

15. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

^ I could see that happening.

16. A beaker full of death

A beaker full of death Vice Admiral Admiral

Love the oval. Hate the raised border around it -- and the idea of "franchising" the character.
    An army of loners???

17. Admiral James Kirk

Admiral James Kirk Writer Admiral

Not an army. An organization of autonomous like minded individuals.

18. Snaploud

Snaploud Admiral Admiral

My favorite parts of that thread are the first two comments:

:guffaw:

19. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

^ Yeah I laughed at that quote too. I don't look at it as Bruce wanting to build an army of Batmen but to ensure that his legacy will continue even beyond himself and his adopted family. The events of RIP, Final Crisis, and Return of Bruce Wayne no doubt have shaken him to his core and probably made him realize that it is time for a change. All of this will be undone after Grant leaves in two years anyways.

20. barnaclelapse

barnaclelapse Commodore Commodore

I like it. A lot.