Star Wars The Clone Wars Season Five News and Discussion

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Admiral_Young, Jul 15, 2012.

1. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

So, Qui-Gon can still use the Force on stuff?

Thanks for not helping out during the Yoda/Palpatine fight, jerk!

( And also the whole not telling anyone Palpatine was a Sith thing. )

2. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    When he first saw the film a close friend was really confused by the Qui-Gon reveal at the end of ROTS. "Wait, huh? Qui-Gon? That was out of left field! Why didn't they show Yoda talking to his spirit then?" I then told him the silent meditation scene was supposed to be Yoda communicating with Qui-Gon via the Force. "Oh, okay. They didn't get that point across very well, then."

I can't say I was entirely in disagreement with him. If you don't know that the silent meditation sequence was connected to Qui-Gon then the later conversation with Obi-Wan can seem like a big HUH? DID I MISS SOMETHING? moment. :) I'm fine with it now, but I understand the confusion.

3. Set Harth

And you wouldn't, when watching the film for the first time.

4. cooleddie74

I think it was in the film novelization, but yeah - walking blind into the movie without searching out the book or soliciting someone else's opinions would have left one dumbfounded. They really should have put an explanation in there and dubbed in Liam's voice or something. In hindsight it all worked out fine and the scene works, but in 2005 it was another one of those "did Lucas really bother to think this scene out" moments.

5. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Very happy to hear about this. I've had Netflix for a while now, so I'm very glad to know I'll actually be able to watch them as soon as they come out.
    After the Marvel stuff, and now this I'm starting to think Netflix might be on the way to becoming the greatest thing in entertainment.

6. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I ditched cable for Netflix almost 5 years ago. It's the only way I watch anything!

7. Set Harth

Maybe there'll be a special edition someday.

8. Greylock Crescent

Greylock Crescent Adventurer Admiral

To what extent can Disney alter the films, though? Would their agreement to purchase LFL give them license to do so?

Admittedly, I don't know how these kinds of agreements affect a new studio's access to the older studio's catalog of films.

9. cooleddie74

If they release a new edition of ROTS they also need to put the "Yoda Arrives on Dagobah" scene back into the film. Even Rick McCallum said that it was a huge disappointment to lose that sequence and have to relegate it to the Extras section on a bonus disc. He hoped that if George (or somebody else) went back at some future date to re-edit the film they should show the wisdom to restore that scene.

10. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

If Netflix dumps those episodes all at once as they usually do I don't think I'll be able to pace myself. I'll need to order a pizza that night I think and just dive in.

11. Mach5

Mach5 Admiral Admiral

Aaah, nothing like a fine anchovy pizza, some coke, and a good tv show marathon. :)

12. Set Harth

There are some alleged spoilers coming out about the Order 66 episode(s) that have made their way to the interwebz. It's not what I would have asked for but I'm not totally displeased.

13. Takeru

Takeru Space Police Commodore

I watched the first four episodes of the final season a few hours ago, they were pretty good, I won't say more because of spoilers. If people want spoilers I'm sure detailed descriptions of the episodes will show up soon.

14. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

^ Did those episodes leak onto the net? I may need to quit reading if everything is about to be spoiled.

15. Terror Door

Terror Door Commander Red Shirt

They aired in Germany on Saturday. All but the last three episodes will have been shown there before they appear on Netflix, going by the current schedule.

16. ALF

ALF Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I can't find anything useful online about the broadcast episodes... any of our German fans see it/enjoy it/have anything for spoiler tags? :D
    Takeru, anything would be great!

17. cooleddie74

I'm not seeking out any spoilers, but if I come across some I'm not going to be mad. I'll be looking forward to the premiere on Netflix no matter what beans somebody online spills.

18. Set Harth

Okay, here's the deal... this is from a user on another site.

( Warning: Massive spoilage, don't read any of this if you don't want to be spoiled )

Tup does not have a tumor, his organic chip - which consist of 'Klonprotokoll 66', most likely 'Clone protocol 66' in English - is failing. No explanation is given what caused that. Palpatine claims in the end that some sort of parasite was responsible for it.

The episode starts with a Republic attack on an apparently Separatist controlled world. Cyborg Trench is in charge of the defense. It may be that the Confederacy won that battle since the Anakin and the 501st are back on Coruscant in the last episode of the arc.
    Trench witnesses Tups attack on the Jedi master, and informs Dooku. Tyranus informs Sidious who instructs him to capture that defective clone. Tyranus is very aware of the clone end game. He orders Trench to capture Tup, which he does with a tremendous amount of efficiency. It's very sad that we won't see him in future episodes...

Anakin, Rex, and Fives sneak to the outside of the Separatist hangar and capture the transport on which Tup was going to Serenno.

They decide to take Tup to Kamino for a full medical exam.

On Kamino it is revealed that Lama Su and the chief scientist working on the clones, Nala Se, are in cahoots with Lord Tyranus whom they contact. Tyranus wears his hood and is not recognizable as Dooku, but it's not really clear whether the Kaminoans know or care that they are working for the Sith. I bet they do and don't care.

Tyranus is worried whether the Tup situation is going to cause problems for 'clone protocol 66' on a larger scale. He provided the Kaminoans with the organic chip they implanted in all the clones and claims that Sifo-Dyas is the only other person knowing about this. We don't know if that's really the case, but I guess this will be revealed in the coming Yoda arc.

Nala Se claims a virus must be responsible for Tups behavior while examining him together with Shaak Ti. Fives wants to know what's wrong and teams up with a really funny Kaminoan medical droid whose number I don't remember. When the Shaak Ti and Nala Se are at odds whether to do a level 5 scan on Tup, Fives starts his own investigation on Tup and finds a tumor in his brain which is eventually removed by the droid. Upon which Tup dies in a very touching scene, muttering about the mission that's always going on his dreams, the mission all the clones know about. The tumor is no tumor at all but a degrading organic chip which is only revealed later.

Tup's remains and the tumor are supposed to be sent to Coruscant, but Shaak Ti and Nala Se disagree on whether they are supposed to be sent to the Jedi Council or to the Chancellor's new medical facility (the one in which Vader is built!).
    Nala Se gives Shaak Ti fake evidence. Fives is supposed to stay on Kamino and is scheduled (without Shaak Ti knowing about it) for memory wipe and reprogramming just as his buddy, the medical droid, is. The Kaminoans always speak about the clones as if they are machines. They want to shut them down and stuff like that.
    Fives escapes, determined to find out what is going on. He and the droid use medical facilities to find out if Fives as the same chip. It is found and removed. Fives then finds out that all the clones get them as embryos.

When Nala Se confronts him she claims that those chips are 'inhibitor chips' preventing the clones from becoming like Jango Fett (i.e. violent and disobedient). The order to that came from the Jedi, more precisely from Sifo-Dyas. She says that without his chip Fives has become a threat. She claims that Tup killed a Jedi because his chip was degrading. Fives is taken into custody to go to Coruscant and explain himself to Palpatine. On the way Nala Se injects Fives with a drug. They meet in the medical facility, in the very room where Vader is built. Palpatine sends everybody out but Fives and his guards and then claims that Fives tried to kill him (his clone guards are dead when Shaak Ti busts into the room). Palpatine hands the two chips - Tup's and Fives' - to Nala Se. The words they exchange strongly indicate that they both know that Palpatine is involved in this whole thing.

Fives is on the run, hides in a clone bar on Coruscant, is tracked by a probe droid, and eventually contacts Rex and Anakin (who are back on Coruscant). They want to meet but Fives gets more and more paranoid and erratic due to the drug he was injected with. He captured Rex and Anakin in ray shields, attempting to explain everything to them. That all the clones are used for something evil, that the evidence is in them (the chips), and that Palpatine is involved (he has even said as much to him, he claims, most likely offscreen). A bunch of Palpatine's personal clone guard arrives and eventually shoots Fives when he tries to reach for his weapon. Fives didn't want to go back with them.

Palpatine tells the Jedi a tale about a parasite from the world the 501st was fighting on in the beginning which was messing with the inhibitor chips of the two clones. He says a vaccine is developed to take care of the problem. The Jedi seem to buy the story. Nala Se contacts Darth Tyranus on Serenno, telling him that everything has been taken care of. Dooku removes his hood and contacts Sidious, and they both ensure each other that everything is going to plan and the Jedi won't see Order 66 coming. Sidious even laughs in the end.

19. Takeru

Takeru Space Police Commodore

Okay, long version:

20. ALF

ALF Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Props to Set Harth and Takeru for the spoils. Very satisfying.
    I have a feeling I'll be able to eat this season-ette with a spoon. It won't be long now.