Batman 3 rumors

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by EnterpriseF, Sep 9, 2008.

1. Saul

Saul Vice Admiral Admiral

I usually ignore these rumors but I put faith in what Michael Caine says. I think they'll still go for a more unknown villain with the possibility of a popular one next to them.

2. DontFeedPhil

DontFeedPhil Fleet Captain

Ive said it before...The 3rd film will have the Riddler, Penguin, and Catwoman.

3. Pensive

Pensive Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

4. JacksonArcher

JacksonArcher Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm going to wait until I hear news that Christopher Nolan is officially working on the film before I start listening to rumors, especially at this stage.

5. EnterpriseF

EnterpriseF Commander Red Shirt

6. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

That man is our last hope..........

Raimi was a false reading ;)

We've all heard the Depp and Hoffman rumors for months now and the news outlets and various online movie sites are just picking it up.

7. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Bat
    The Cat
    The Penguin
    ?

8. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

I think because of the success of TDK WB will essentially write him a blank check.

9. MeanJoePhaser

MeanJoePhaser Admiral

Skip to the chase and have the Batman battle the Legion of Doom. He's saved Gotham twice, it's boring...save the world. It's the only way Spacey's Luthor will be seen again, and who doesn't want that? Ron Perlman as Gorilla Grodd! Ben Kingsley as Brainiac! Hugo Weaving as Riddler!

He can recruit The Outsiders. Don Cheadle as Black Lightning. What more could anyone ask for?

10. suarezguy

suarezguy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Not a big fan of Penguin (what's good about the character?) or Hoffman (good in CWW, annoying in Ripley and Red Dragon). I like Riddler and think he could be well-developed though. Depp's got a lot of range, could play a seriously obsessed villain, perhaps too famous though.

11. CommodoreKong

CommodoreKong Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Three villians could work out as long as one of them had a small part like Carmine Falcone did in Begins.
    Maybe they could make Penguin a mob boss or have him run a legitimate front for his illegal activities like in The New Batman Adventures.

12. Broccoli

Broccoli Vice Admiral Admiral

Personally, the Penguin is my favorite Batman villain. What's so great about the guy is that out of all of the major rogues, he is the only one who does not have an obsession, compulsion, or really screwed up in the head, and he stands out because of it. He can toe that line between out-right criminal and small time. He is one of the few who can both aid and hinder Batman and Bats lets him do his thing because of it. He is a gangster and one of the few that can actually keep up with the other crazies in Gotham.

I would love to see him done "right" in a future Batman film (Nolan or not).

13. MikeGainer

MikeGainer too fat to fish Fleet Captain

James Spader...interesting. I would have like to see some how Anthony Michael Hall's character Mike Engel become the Riddler like some early rumors suggested. I think he could pull off an OPD character in the next Batman movie.

14. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

^ Why wouldn't Spader be offered the role? Though you're probably right he wouldn't be given the chance. I think he'd be a good choice too though.

15. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

The most popular choice David Hyde Pierce as the Riddler with his brother Fraiser nygma

16. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

^I've been arguing for ages that DHP would make a great Riddler. I like the Spader suggestion and that of the actor who plays Ben in Lost, which someone made in a similar thread some weeks ago.

I want to see the Riddler portrayed as smart, smug, saracastic and slightly creepy, which any if those actors could do in spades. There's no point in giving us another Carrey or Gorshin routine.

17. Lapis Exilis

Lapis Exilis Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Nolan was not solely responsible for the success of TDK despite how much credit internet denizens might like to give him. The huge box office of TDK only puts more pressure on the third film and thus ensures that the studio will be deeply involved in it - just as they were in the first two.

18. Bad Bishop

Bad Bishop Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

JKTim, l can't live under the thumb of a harsh ruler like you. Please move to Fan Productions or some other forum that I never go to. Thanks. :)

On-topic, I hope Nolan's next film will not re-imagine more villains that we've seen before. Is Batman's rogues gallery so thin that the movies must endlessly recycle Joker, Riddler, Penguin and Catwoman?

Last edited: Sep 11, 2008
  19. TheArsenal

TheArsenal Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Given my choice, I would have Black Mask as the central villain with Penguin as his arms dealer.

20. Lapis Exilis

Lapis Exilis Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Amen, brother. I'd really like to see a completely original villain. If any franchise could pull that off, this one could.