Ongoing Community Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Admiral_Young, Jan 21, 2011.

1. Kelso

Kelso Vice Admiral Admiral

On the destruct button until the last minute!
    I've been watching this show with the gf... and I am finally caught up! I can click on this thread now! Yay!

God, I love this show! Why was I not watching it for so long?!?

2. timothy

timothy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

well we got a new episode this week. I wonder how it'll do aginst the world series tonight.

thursday night DVR overload night.

3. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Halloween episode to boot which normally kick starts the main plot of the season.

4. timothy

timothy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

well I think annie told the best story out of the bunch and she looked so hot in that dress.

:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

5. Sci

Sci Fleet Admiral Admiral

Fun episode. I enjoyed it.

Now, it would be nice to have an episode that isn't a set of seven two-minute vignettes.

ETA:

I was amused by how transparently Annie's story stood in for how she views Jeff, Britta, and herself -- Jeff as this selfish creature who wants to consume her, she not being willing to fully admit her own attraction to him, her self-image as this person who can "change" him, Britta as being weak for "giving in" to Jeff, and her own inner rage issues.

6. Admiral_Young

^ Yeah that was the point of Annie's story though it was really a metaphor (right term?) for how she sees the three of them. This was an okay episode. No where near the awesomeness of last season's zombie episode. I suppose one could look at this episode as a character study episode. I'm not too sure what we'll see come out of this. This has been a weird season so far and I'm not sure why I feel that way. Allison Brie was smoking hot in this episode...and I'm getting of Brita's antics.

7. Chris_Johnston

Chris_Johnston Captain Captain

Right there with ya, pal! I didn't even know about this show until io9 posted about the Firefly shout-out in the LeVar Burton episode; then I went back and got all the episodes from the beginning.
    Now I'm obssessed, and I'm watching the whole thing from the beginning again.
    Infinite replay value, this show has!

8. Anwar

Anwar Admiral Admiral

Heh, between Jeff's fake accent (or attempt at fake accent) and Beavis' own fake vampire-wannabe accent on the new Beavis and Butthead I was LMAO all night.

I loved Shirley's story though, at first I thought it was a "The Stand" parody but was something else.

9. Canadave

Canadave Vice Admiral Admiral

I think I actually preferred this one to the zombie episode. While it was a good parody, it just wasn't as funny as this episode was.

10. Sci

Sci Fleet Admiral Admiral

Agreed. Really, the only problem I have with "Horror Fiction in Seven Spooky Steps" is that we literally saw the same basic format two weeks ago in "Remedial Chaos Theory:" A single framing story to set it up, and six or seven 2- to 3-minute vignettes, a short epilogue, and a credits sequence that calls back to one of the vignettes.

I like this new format -- it was something we'd never seen before two weeks ago. But I think they should have waited a long while before using it again.

11. Mark_Nguyen

Mark_Nguyen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

This episode was crap. Troy an Abed can't be TOP GUN pilots. Top Gun was for the US Navy, and the US Navy doesn't fly F-15s. To worsen matters, they have patches featuring the F-4 (which isn't flown in the US anymore) plus the AC-130 gunship and F-22 (which, again, are USAF planes and wouldn't be flown by the Navy). Utter and complete garbage.

Aside from that though, this was an awesome episode, and while it strangely retreaded the "anthology" format they JUST did last week, it still works out just fine. All the various stories just illustrated that they're all slightly nuts in their own way, and that it's working when they're together. It's great looking into their various characters and learning a bit more from them. The Zombie episode was wild, but this was very valuable in its own way.

Also, Abed and Troy were dressed as Inspector Spacetime and his companion copper. And they didn't even mention it in the context of the show! Now THAT's wild.

Mark

12. Mister Johnson

Mister Johnson Ensign

They were too awesome to be accurate. Accuracy is for unawesome people, and Troy and Abed are clearly awesome.

13. TheGodBen

TheGodBen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I thought this was a great episode, I particularly loved Abed and Pierce's stories. It wasn't as good as Remedial Chaos Theory, but it was close.

14. Admiral_Young

I enjoyed the stories, it just wasn't that funny to me. My favourite was Annie's story because it was pretty much a projection like Sci stated earlier. Troy and Abed's story was awesome and Pierce's was hilariously degenerate which was the point of it. I did like Jeff's stoy that included Chang...Chang is awesome in low doses. I really can't wait until John Oliver comes back as Duncan this season. They really need to do an Inspector Spacetime spoof with him as the Inspector.

15. Canadave

Canadave Vice Admiral Admiral

I think part of the problem was that 304 and 303 got switched, so we should have seen "Competitive Ecology" in between this episode and RCT. Still, I do kind of a agree that more of a gap would have been nice.

16. Rowan Sjet

Rowan Sjet Commodore Commodore

God, how did I not get that? And how did I not get until now that the Inspector and the Constable were designed with Abed and Troy in mind? :lol:

17. Admiral_Young

^ That makes total sense now.

18. Jono

Jono Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It was told by Troy and as the show likes to beat us over the head with: Troy is stupid.

19. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Stupid of ignorant?

There's a huge difference.

20. Anwar

Anwar Admiral Admiral

I think your sarcasm detector is faulty. ;)