Mortal Kombat: Legacy Episode 1 is Online!

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Admiral_Young, Apr 12, 2011.

1. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Damn, I really need to get caught up on this. I just keep falling farther and farther behind on all of the stuff I watch online. I think that will be my goal for this week, getting caught up on all of that stuff, this included.

2. Obiwanshinobi

Obiwanshinobi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The FX on this episode were pretty damn good. Sektor, Cyrax and Hydro looked awesome!

3. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

I just realized that I double posted earlier in this page. I apologize for that. If I'd known I would have deleted the second post lol. I agree about the FX's. The score is just great all through the nine seasons, I hope they release this on Itunes or something. I expect this will be on DVD by Christmas time...although I wouldn't be surprised if it was released later than that.

4. Obiwanshinobi

Yeah, the FX work kind of reminded me of District 9's mech. scenes.

5. Itisnotlogical

Itisnotlogical Commodore Commodore

I've watched this series through to the latest episode, and I have to say the only one that I'm really disappointed with is the Scorpion + Sub-Zero two-parter. By saying "LOL IT WAS QUAN CHI U GUIZ!" they failed to present the real Sub-Zero's origin, and (unless I'm mistaken and it's Chinese instead), I think the Japanese they spoke sounded rather forced, if they weren't just saying random ass-hat words altogether. I don't actually speak Japanese, but I've watched a lot of TV shows in Japanese with subtitles on and the episode just doesn't stack up.

6. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

That was cool. :)

7. Admiral_Young

8. Admiral_Young

9. Obiwanshinobi

Fucking awesome! The plan worked! MK Rebirth worked!

10. Admiral_Young

It would appear so...I'm pleasantly surprised by this news since I originally thought we would have to wait to see how DVD sales did. New Line though must've been blown away by the response from the shorts.

11. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Awesome. I've only seen the first two episodes so far, but I really enjoyed them. I've never actually played any of the games though, so I don't know how well they actually represent the franchise in it's original form.

12. Uxi

Uxi Commander Red Shirt

Raiden episode stunk but most of the rest were cool.

13. Holdfast

Holdfast Fleet Admiral Admiral

Only just got caught up on the last ep which I missed first time round (awesome, BTW), and then scrolled down to read this. Great, great news. :D

14. Admiral_Young

Just a reminder that Mortal Kombat: Legacy is out today on Blu-Ray only it would appear. I didn't see a regular release listed on Amazon Canada, same on Amazon. This sucks. I guess I won't be getting it then. :(

15. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Is it still online? I haven't watched past episode 2 yet.

16. Admiral_Young

All of them should still be on youtube yep.

17. Admiral_Young

18. DigificWriter

DigificWriter Vice Admiral Admiral

I like the cast of characters for S2 for the most part, but don't like that not every character from S1 is coming back because it disrupts the flow of continuity. Oh well. We'll have to see how they handle things.

19. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Finally finished season 1 today. Good stuff. Does the fact that they're doing the tournament now mean the different characters from Season 1's stories will be interacting?

20. DigificWriter

DigificWriter Vice Admiral Admiral

I somehow missed Jax's presence in the announcement video the first time I watched it, so it looks like the only major characters from S1 who won't be in S2 are Shao Kahn, Cyrax, Sektor, and Sindel, and I think it's possible that Shao Kahn and Sindel might appear or be mentioned as minor characters.