Minecraft

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by TheGodBen, Oct 23, 2010.

1. Iasius

Iasius Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The single wolf I have is sitting at home, always. I tried taking him with me, but he gets so much in the way. Also, they're pretty useless when you want to go somewhere by boat or minecart.

Speaking of, my first minecart track is done. It's basically a scenic tour of my map, taking 3:45 minutes one way. The end point is currently in a beautiful area with huge mountains, sheer cliffs, and giant caverns.

2. Robert Maxwell

Robert Maxwell memelord Premium Member

I actually keep a wolf in my old castle. He's probably lonely, sitting there, waiting for me to come home. I show up every now and then to pet him (and grab supplies, harvest my crops, etc.), but I haven't yet brought him to my new building area. Maybe i'll put him on the ship I just built as the official mascot.

Speaking of which, here is a new detail map of my server world:

[​IMG]

3. Iasius

That world really looks good. Built things sort of blend in, but don't disappear. Loving that staircase tower. :)

Also, since someone just now posted a huge pic, I'll feel good about doing the same. :p

[​IMG]

Eihort really is quite useful.

4. Robert Maxwell

I might have to give that a shot, though I imagine my computer will hate it. :lol:

Are those things on the surface roads or enclosed tunnels? It's hard to tell. You don't have a lot of buildings, though, from what I can see. :(

5. Iasius

They're roads, made from stone blocks and steps.

Yeah, I don't have a lot of buildings, I've been busy with my underground area and the minecart track. Will get started on more buildings next though.

Edit: The basic structure of my barn is almost complete, I decided to go with a wooden roof for simplicity's sake. Now I need to design the interior. Anyway know if you can lock animals in and they stay there?

[​IMG]

Thankfully I build things on peaceful. When it's night and it's raining, it gets pretty scary out there.

Also, I have to say the underground view from Eihort is quite nice too. You can't quite appreciate your tunnel network from inside them.

Edit2:

Oh my! I was traveling along my minecart route, when I noticed that I had apparently not made a tunnel exit "cow-proof" since one was wandering around on the track. I hopped off before hitting the cow, but since the minecart travels a bit more, this happened:

[​IMG]
    Yeah, that's a cow riding away on my minecart and I didn't have any spare ones on me. Minecraft considers a cow riding a minecart to be occupied so the boosters worked as if I was in it. I had to go chase it to the end of the track for minutes to finally get my minecart back. :lol:

Last edited: Apr 25, 2011
  6. Owain Taggart

Owain Taggart Vice Admiral Admiral

Ohhh, that looks awesome, Robert. My house looks good from there :)

Also makes me wonder about that cave towards the east. Is anyone doing something with it or is it just a natural formation? Looks impressive.

7. Robert Maxwell

You mean the cave to the south of the spawn area? I believe Cutter built his house near there. :)

8. Owain Taggart

Yeah, that's the one, I guess. Impressive :)

Holy crap, thunderstorm on the server and I've seen lightning hit trees and burn them.

9. Robert Maxwell

Yikes! I didn't know lightning could do that!

10. Cutter John

Cutter John Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Some great stuff there everyone. I love those world maps. Reminds me the old Sim city games. :) Guess I need to download this thing.

I know its silly, but the thing with the wolves still bothers me. So dumb to get upset about a bunch of moving pixels. I guess I really need to stop playing while still recovering and tired from work.

Maybe someday I'll meet more of you guys. Of course that'd mena I'd also have to play sometime other than between midnight and 6AM. :)
    Theres a chest next to my tree, and down the nearby shaft where I'll dump all my stuff. I'm mainly just using wood. So if anyone needs cobble, feel free to help yourself. Just leave my one stack for making tools. :)

11. Kimi3013

Kimi3013 Captain Captain

To those posting the massive images, I hate you. You make side scrolling happen, it should be a capital crime to do that. They made thumbnails for a reason people, this it.

/end rage

12. Owain Taggart

Ouch! Just got hit by lightning, guys. It can happen to you!

13. Canadave

Canadave Vice Admiral Admiral

Gladly. I hate quarrying. ;)

14. Robert Maxwell

:eek: Are ya bleedin'? Yeah, you're bleedin'... :(

15. TheGodBen

TheGodBen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Right now, my wolf is sitting in a cave that my minecart track runs though. Every time that I travel to Bartlet Cove, she turns from left to right as I fly by, and every time I come back, she turns from right to left. It's cruel, yet funny.

It's a great tool alright, I've seen more of my world just messing around in it over the last day than I have playing the actual game. It sucks that the view distance in the game isn't anywhere near as good though. Maybe one day Notch will perform a miracle of coding and optimise it to allow for a 1km draw distance...

[​IMG]

This is my primary landmass (I'm going to have to give my island a name some day) from 1km in the air. That snow showed up while I was playing a little while ago, which would be cool were it not so small and in any area I've barely ever been to.

[​IMG]

I've started a new project now and I'm currently growing around 400 cactuses on a beach near Mount Vulcan for it. Now to find 500 sheep. :scream:

Yikes. Does it kill you or just do damage? (I haven't even experienced lightning in my world yet.)

16. Iasius

I'm impatiently waiting for the "[1.4] Double/+50% View Distance mod SSP" to be updated. I'm not sure my PC can manage it (haven't tried it before), but I generally run 100+ fps with my current texture pack, so I think I can at least use the +50% view.

17. Cutter John

Cutter John Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I liked to tell myself that the wolves were running around and frolicking while I was sleeping, or off adventuring. :)

Just like I tell myself that since they're in a rainforest next to a desert, I'm doing all those sheep a favor by taking their wool. :)

18. Canadave

Canadave Vice Admiral Admiral

^ I occasionally wish there was a less... violent... way to collect wool. I always feel bad when I have to punch a sheep to collect its wool. :lol:

19. Owain Taggart

It hurts you. Takes 3 hearts away as far as I could tell. But on Robert's server, health regenerates, so it wasn't too bad. But on Singleplayer? That could easily mean death if you're not careful. Looked and sounded like a great big fireball from hell. It was so sudden, it took a moment to realize what had happened.

20. Robert Maxwell

That's kind of awesome that you can be struck by lightning, though. :lol: