Giving Enterprise another chance

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Enterprise' started by JirinPanthosa, Dec 30, 2012.

1. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

When Enterprise aired, I quit about halfway through the second season in disgust. Years without new Trek softened me to the series more and I got through it all last year. It's still my least favorite of all the five series, but there are some gems in there.

2. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

Because I'm not re-watching. When it was first on I quit at the start of the third season, now I'm picking up right where I left off.

I have no intention of re-watching the first two seasons.

3. NeedsOfTheMany

NeedsOfTheMany Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

I'm about to make a second run through the series. I liked it the first time, watched it without judging it as a prequel or following continuity. Will pay a little more attention to detail this time through.

4. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

Yea, I watched TNG and DS9 religiously, but, missed alot of Voyager of Enterprise (And what I did watch, I watched with preconceived notions). I've recently watched them all the way through without those preconceived notions and enjoyed them both alot more. On the other hand, my recent rewatch all the way through of TNG (First time straight through, though I've seen many reruns here and there) I found I thought a greater percentage of it was pretty average compared to what I was expecting.

5. JirinPanthosa

Watching Doctor's Orders, and...it's the exact same episode as Voyager's 'One'. The exact same episode. Only less interesting because we already know we can trust Phlox and it's four days, not a whole month. I like being around people too but I can handle four freaking days. Who greenlit this episode?

6. BruntFCA

BruntFCA Commander Red Shirt

I just assume that they needed a script quick but who the hell knows. Doctors Orders is actually one of my favorite ENT episodes based solely on the fact that Phlox is my favorite character but the blatant recycling of a VOY script is pretty ridiculous.

7. NeedsOfTheMany

NeedsOfTheMany Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Repeats are a constant in the Trek Universe, I can't count how many times TNG crew ran into an anomaly that either altered time, altered there perception, brought someone from the past or future into contact with them etc..

Great episode even though it is a copy, liked Phlox and got to see a little bit about his personality.

8. Ryva Brall

Ryva Brall Commander Red Shirt

I didn't like Enterprise when it was new, so I quit watching after the second season. But I've been thinking about giving it another try. Not to make sure I still don't like it, but to see if maybe I judged it too harshly the first time. After all, I wasn't crazy about DS9 when it was new, but I think I was too young to appreciate it at the time. But when I re-watched it, it became my favorite Trek series.

9. lurok

lurok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Lost in the EU expanse with a nice cup of tea
    I found it below-average. :p

As for Manny Coto. Praise be.

10. Anji

Anji Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Assisting in the birth of baby Horta on Janus VI
    Episodes of ENT may be salvagable with some serious re-editing to make the plots more concise, but....

11. JirinPanthosa

I started a new cycle of TNG a little while ago. I found I didn't remember why I loved the series so much until I got to Q Who.

Just watched E2. What the hell, I thought Voyager was over the top with the time traveling. There's such a thing as 'Putting a hat on a hat'. We already have a storyline where 27th century time travelers told 22nd century Xindi that 25th century humans destroyed their planet so they could terraform the galaxy or whatever, and it's already been established that 30th century humans are watching all this and somehow incorruptibly using their godlike time travel people to oversee the history of time and nobody ever abuses this power.

So now we have even more time traveling on top of this, and a concept that's an inferior and obvious hack of Children of Time?

This story could have worked really well if they chose one time travel paradox and stuck with it.

12. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

I got my series collection today, so I'll slowly be playing catch up. The plan is to allow only 2 hours a day, though that might fall through before the weekend.

13. ChristopherPike

ChristopherPike Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm looking forward to the Blu ray of Season One and haven't looked at the episodes for ages. Although I did used to regularly rewatch when I first got ENT on DVD. I just lost a bit of interest in Star Trek overall these past few years. Occasionally catching a TOS or one of the films. So I'll have to see whether my opinion's changed much. I was a huge fan by Season 3 and immensely disappointed over the cancellation. Then the last episode didn't help. I'll have to see if I still like "Broken Bow" as much as I remember and hate that one with the slime creature in the cargo bay, that interupts Archer and Trip from watching water polo.

What were they thinking with that sport for the Captain? Basketball would've worked better and had more mainstream respect. Water polo is just a little too unheard of, and hard for me to relate to. I guess a combination of throwing a ball and drowning at the same time, is really going to take off next century.

14. Melakon

Well wait a minute now. What was that Olympic event last year, with two teams of women in the pool? And the underwater cameras got angles of dirty fighting and trying to pull opponent's suits off? Wasn't that pretty popular at the time?

15. ChristopherPike

ChristopherPike Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Oh, that's such a transparent ploy. The promise of wrestling women splashing about like that. You'll never get me interested in that sport. It's much too priviledged. Like regular non aquatic polo. I can't afford a pool or a horse! Or a women, come to think of it. Just a metal hoop bolted into a wall. :lol:

16. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

I found the water polo thing a bit odd, too, but according to Memory Alpha, Berman added it in because his son played. Bakula lobbied the writers to also give Archer an interest in lacrosse, but it never happened.

17. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

I liked the water polo thing. Nice to think some other sport other than the dominant ones of this century are a big deal in the future.

TOO BAD WE NEVER SAW ARCHER IN THE POOL.

geez, missed opportunities.

18. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

I'll still never forgive DS9 for driving baseball to extinction. It's still my favorite of the Treks, but I just pretend that that part never happened. :p

19. Melakon

According to TNG, television died out around the same time. In the ultimate mindscrew, The Franchise makes itself extinct by this, but kept going a few more years.

20. JirinPanthosa

I like the way they ended season three and resolved the Xindi arc, though the Xindi change of heart seemed maybe a little too easy.

I think the reptilians are really just a bunch of morons.