Lost Girl season 4

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JanewayRulz!, Nov 9, 2013.

1. Admiral2

Admiral2 Admiral Admiral

That was cool.

And dare I say it? i think i may actually be starting to like Tamsin. Kinda. Strange world...

2. The Borgified Corpse

The Borgified Corpse Admiral Admiral

Ouch! Forgotten already? You were just down ther
    I keep hoping they'll somehow figure out a way to do an episode with 2 Bos at once.:drool:

Or maybe they're talking about who they want Lauren to end up with. In which case, we really need "Team Crystal" & "Team Morrigan" shirts too!

I'd really like to get a Kenzi shirt but I think it would just be wierd for a guy to be walking around in a Kenzi shirt. (People already give me a hard enough time with the girl on my Les Miserables t-shirt.)

Agreed. Maybe not a regular regular. But I certainly wouldn't object to seeing more of him. Anyone who loves Kenzi is alright in my book.

BTW, part of me wants the Kitsune to come back for an episode, just so that they can use the episode title "What Does the Fox Fae?"

3. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

I'd rather they didn't bring back the Kitsune, because I can't stand how they mangle the pronunciation. It's three syllables!!

4. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

Sciffy has failed to put Lost Girl up on On Demand, so I haven't seen this one yet. I don't know what the problem is. They put up Being Human and Bitten.

5. Admiral2

Admiral2 Admiral Admiral

Lost Girl is the show most people actually like. Being Human and Bitten need their numbers boosted by after broadcast views.

just my guess...

6. The Borgified Corpse

More likely it has something to do with whatever arrangement they've made with Showcase, the network that initially airs Lost Girl in Canada. Lost Girl is an import. IIRC, Being Human & Bitten are both produced specifically for SYFY.

7. RJDiogenes

I thought of both of those things, but it's always been on On Demand until now. And last night I noticed that it's in the HD section, so it's probably just a mistake.

8. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

No, Bitten is another Canadian import. It originally aired on the Canadian Network Space. I can't get any of the Syfy Now videos to load for me. When ever I click on one it says "Authorization Error".

9. RJDiogenes

Finally, they put it up, and it was a good one. Hale was conspicuous in his absence, but there was a lot of good character stuff. I loved the repartee between Dyson and Lauren, and the Hardy Girls adventure of Kenzie and Tamsin. I also loved Trick's scenes with Ming (and I hope we haven't seen the last of her). The Crows cracked me up, especially their slapstick trips to hell or whatever that was. And we had a nice little twist ending. I'm glad this show has been renewed for another year.

10. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

I'm way behind on this show, like several seasons behind, but I thought I'd pop in anyway with a fun fact… Karen Cliche, an actress I've been following (I mean watching on TV) for over a decade will be in Monday's episode, titled "Waves". She was a regular on Adventure Inc., Mutant X and Flash Gordon among other things. What makes her relevant here is that she was up for the role of Bo when Lost Girl was being developed but turned down the opportunity because she wanted to focus on family life. As much as I like Anna Silk, I thought it was a shame that she didn't go for this. It would have been her only show to go past a single season. No matter, after a few years of rasing a daughter, going to school and working regular jobs, she's making a return to acting. Can't wait to see her on the show she could have been the lead on.

11. RJDiogenes

Yeah, I remember her from Flash Gordon. That was a disappointing show, to say the least, but she was pretty good.

12. JanewayRulz!

JanewayRulz! Vice Admiral Admiral

Waves: I was underwhelmed. :rolleyes:

PLEASE tell me the Wanderer is NOT her father!!!

Anyone figure out why that butterfly made her want to stay with the Wanderer? :confused:

Or why bringing it to life made him want to keep her with him? :vulcan:

13. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

That was stated outright last week, IIRC. And it's pretty obvious now, since I doubt even this show would be kinky enough to make its heroine incestuous.

14. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah, this wasn't one of their better ones. I'm not quite sure what to make of all of this Rainer stuff. The Mermaid stuff wasn't as fun as it could have been IMO.

15. The Borgified Corpse

I'm a little behind. I just finished "Groundhog Fae." I liked a lot of moments in it. For some reason, I especially love the way Tamsin says, "It's OK. I've been naughty. But now I'm going to be candy.":lol:

And Lauren just gets more adorable the drunker she gets!;)

16. RJDiogenes

This reminded me of that stupid Mel Gibson alien invasion movie. All it takes to destroy a Mermaid is fresh water? And they want to live on land? What if it rains? :rommie:

The Wanderer storyline is increasingly surreal. Now he convinced Bo to kill the Una Mens and that's released some weird power that everybody will want. Is she being mind controlled or is she just being stupid? I can't tell.

17. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

I don't think we're supposed to assume mind control. The whole point of those flashbacks seemed to be that Bo genuinely fell in love with Rainer during her first stint on the train. I suspect they were going for a "Beauty and the Beast" scenario where Bo falls for the surly, brooding stranger who turns out to have a tragic story . . ..

Whether it actually worked is another story.

18. RJDiogenes

Yeah, I generally love Lost Girl, but it's not working for me.

19. JanewayRulz!

JanewayRulz! Vice Admiral Admiral

^^ Well, given the fact that we don't really have Bo WITH our main characters most of the time... that may have something to do with it.

I'm willing to hold on, mostly because I've been spoiled for the season's ending and have hopes for season 5.

20. The Borgified Corpse

I'm so on the fence about this season so far. Many of my favorite moments of the series have been in this season:
    - "You lie to the Russian stink eye and bad things will happen to your junk!"
    - Everything with Lauren & the Morrigan.
    - Bo having sex with Flora/Lauren while in Dyson's body.
    - Tamsin's dance off in "Let the Dark Times Roll."
    - Lauren being an absolute badass when the Dark Fae captured her & Crystal in "Turn to Stone."
    - Nearly everything about "In Memorium" (except for George Takei's performance).

But there have also been a bunch of problems this year:

I've felt like a lot of the individual episodes haven't held up very well plot-wise; even by Lost Girl's standards, which often weren't that high to begin with. The larger story-arc with the Wanderer has been largely lacking in major developments in the first half of the season, totally squandering the awesome cliffhanger development from the end of Season 3. And even the stand-alones don't feel as significant as they used to. It feels more like every is just kinda wandering around while random stuff happens. I preferred the more structured approach in the earlier seasons revolving around Bo & Kenzi's paranormal P.I. firm or Bo helping Dyson with some Fae cop case he was working on. We haven't gotten much of either this year.

A lot of the rules about Light & Dark seem to have been totally ignored. Bo & Dyson totally got busted for crossing party lines during their recent hook up. That fits with a lot of what was established way back in Season 1. But after the end of "La Fae Epoque," everyone just seems to forget about it. And then, in "Groundhog Fae," some prominent Light Fae like Dyson, Trick, & Hale are having a Yule party at Bo's house, which would presumably be Dark Fae territory now. Or are we supposed to assume that Yule is a holiday like La Shoshain where the normal rules of Dark & Light don't apply? (But then, why is Tamsin forbidden from entering Bo's house while the Light Fae are in there?)

Also, why has the Morrigan suddenly lost all interest in exterminating claimed humans? I suppose that could have been just a baldfaced ploy to embarass Hale but that hasn't been made very clear. Nor would it make much sense why the Morrigan would have such a vested interest in removing Hale from his position as Ash. (With his somewhat naive lets-all-get-along agenda, he would have been much easier for the Morrigan to exploit & manipulate than Lachlan or Trick or just about any other potential Ash you might think of.)

I also feel like the romantic storylines have hit a dead end. Kenzi & Hale got together about a year & a half too late for me to care any more. (And it doesn't help that we keep getting episodes like "In Memorium" & "La Fae Epoque" that totally highlight the much juicier prospects of Kenzi/Dyson.) Dyson & Bo are now kinda back together with hardly any fanfare, which doesn't feel right. Bo & Lauren aren't together right now but the show can't really come up with any convincing reasons why they aren't. Bo/Tamsin is hardly going anywhere. And, as Vex so wisely pointed out, Dyson & Lauren don't hate each other anymore, so we don't even have that conflict.