Things you've spotted on Blu-Ray

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by lurok, Mar 28, 2013.

1. lurok

lurok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Lost in the EU expanse with a nice cup of tea
    Probably like many here have got used to watching favourite films in DVD or compressed formats, usually on laptop while on the road. Recently watched Lynch's Dune on Blu-Ray for first time and struck by number of things: how truly stunning costume and production design are, and Baron even more icky in HD. But the main thing I noticed for first time in ages was the inkvine scar on Gurney/Stewart's jaw.

Just wondering what other details in films others might have noticed? Plus welcome any blu-ray recommendations :)

2. Turd Ferguson

Turd Ferguson Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Until watching The Next Generation on Blu-Ray, I never noticed that it says Enterprise on the side of the ship by the torpedo launchers.

Recently, I've watched several movies on Blu-Ray that are absolutely stunning in their picture quality. These include The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey, Pete's Dragon, and First Blood.

3. Flying Spaghetti Monster

Flying Spaghetti Monster Vice Admiral Admiral

I never noticed that the snow speeder pilot that rescues Han and Luke has scars all over his face.

4. Roshi

Roshi Admiral Admiral

Bon Scott's jeans are ripped at the crotch on AC/DC's Let There Be Rock - Live in Paris (1979).
    I had watched the video tape a thousand times and never noticed but when I saw the BD I couldn't believe it!

5. Shurik

Shurik Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Game Of Thrones looks about million times better on Blu-Ray than on TV screen or some .avi file. This show is really really visually stunning.

6. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

In the 89 Batman, when the Joker is running up the stairs after seeing his new face for the first time, Nicholson is not made up and you can see briefly see his flesh toned face.

7. J.T.B.

J.T.B. Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

In one scene in The Searchers when John Wayne and Jeffrey Hunter ride across a snowy field you can see cars pulling up to a roadblock in the distance at the far edge of the screen. I'm sure it was noticeable in the VistaVision original, but I never noticed it till the Blu-Ray.

8. stoneroses

stoneroses Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The prisoner: you can see the wire pulling rover and I notice that what I thought were t shirts are jumpers. In tng you can see Brent spiner has blood shot eyes in some scenes.