New figures for 2010 including a look at 11th Doctor

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by Samurai8472, Jan 7, 2010.

1. Winterwind

Winterwind Commodore Commodore

I'll let you know when I get them. I should have put in a comma after "Fifth/Master". I meant to say I've got them all on the way, not that I already had Amy and the Daleks. ;)

As for the joints, yeah, it's kind of a drag that they do mar the look of a figure in a mini skirt. But then again, they're more toys than collectors pieces so we have to make do with the silly articulation points. I still think the bicep joint is daft.

2. Worf2DS9

Worf2DS9 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

To accommodate my figures, this past weekend I decided to have a go at making my own Classic console from some instructions I found online. Yesterday I put the plinth together and will next look at fixing it to the console base. I'll show pix when it's finished.

3. The

The Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Just got my Planet of Fire two-pack with Davison/Ainley, as well as the Castrovalva regen figure. All are flawless... :techman:

4. Classic Fan

Classic Fan Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

See, least with the Nine/Ten tardis playset, it had a decent but still toyish look to it. I loved it and infact considered buying one, but didnt.

For Gods sake, they even had a police box front with the time vortex printed on the outside on the inner wall inserts so it looked like you were looking at the police box, which you were. You could open the doors and see in just like the show, and make the Doctor walk through and into the Tardis. Thats inspired design and toy making.

With this one being a printed police box interiror is, just, fucking crap.

Also this one, ironically like the actual set itself, needs to be bigger in scale to accomodate the actual stuff and features it has.

Give this playset more room, and the stair ways will flow better instead of looking like ladders and the off-shoots above and below will look better becaseu theyre not so close together it will just not only look better, but will be easier for kids, and us:p, to play with or display.

What i might do though is try and get hold of Elevens console separately on ebay, and do something like i did with Nine/Tens console from the playset and place it inside the flight control tardis to give it depth. I found a flight control tardis at a boot sale the other month, so now i have two RTD police boxes, so i might give it a respray and paint the window frames so i have an Eleventh Tardis. Its not that im being cheap, its just a fact that the first flight control tardis is better than the new one, besides, the windows and interior light up.

5. Winterwind

Well, my Amy and two Ironsides arrived today.

After seeing some scary pictures of some bad paint jobs on some of the Amy figures I was quite pleased that mine is as perfect as you can get with these figures. Unfortunately, the knees joints/pegs do mar the legs Worf loves so much. And with the miniskirt, she can't sit or bend forward... though why someone would want a figure bent over is beyond me. ;)

And my one Ironside Dalek is perfect as well. The second... has a chunk out of the bottom bumper on the front right. Oh well, battle damaged I guess. :)

6. Demonland

Demonland Commodore Commodore

That's almost as sick as my comment re: what's under Amy's skirt. ;)

Well what is under the skirt? Panties? Or is she going commando? :p

Ok ok ..... I'm leaving ...... *takes coat and leaves*

7. Winterwind

Panties. The legs are painted flesh tone all the way up and the pelvic area is black. They're not sculpted as panties though.

Satisfied? Or disappointed? ;)

8. The

....disturbed....

:angel:

9. The

Josan, how's your Regen Peter figure? Have you got it yet?

10. The

11. Winterwind

Didn't order one. I've skipped all the regen figures, other than the one that came in the 11th Doctor Crash Set and that was only purchased because I didn't want to wait for the single release. I should have.

And with the Regen 5th, I'm actually ticked about it. They should have done an S18 Tom before a Regen Peter in my view.

And yeah, I pounced on that Master/Axon just because odds of a single release Delgado Master are slim from what I hear. The Axon will likely be sold.

12. Demonland

Honestly despite how it sounds it did not bother me either way. I was just fascinated how they were going to "treat" that "area" considering it is a "childrens" toy. As I was not buying that figure unfortunately there was no way to satisfy that innocent curiosity without asking the question and sounding like a perv. :)

13. Worf2DS9

Worf2DS9 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Just got word from Mike's that my Amy is in, but due to serious allocation issues (supply falling significantly below demand) the "Army Dalek" will be delayed. Depending on the wait time, I may just have Amy shipped separately.

14. Winterwind

I actually think my collecting days are winding down.

I've got almost all of the classics, minus the Pertwee/Maggots (which I didn't want), the Seventh/Tardis (which I was 50-50 on) and the Suicide Dalek from the Fourth Doctor Adventure set.

I've got all of the new series figures I wanted and once I receive the Delgado and Ainley Masters (the former was advance ordered before Mike was even solicited so I should be fine and the latter is in transit), barring any classic companions and the possible release of a Rory and new River Song figure... well, I think I'm set.

Eventually, I'll probably wind up selling most of my collection, minus the Doctors and classic Cybermen and Daleks, or giving them to my kids. When I have them and they're old enough to not break them as kids do. ;)

15. The

I'm just waiting for a Classic Era Console Room. I've got the Coral Scheme one they released couple of years ago. But, I'd love the white-and-chrome roundel version. Or, even something like McGann's would rock the most. They are the perfect sets for figure display... :techman:

16. Winterwind

Those are the sets we're apparently least likely to see, especially McGann's. Which is a shame because I'd want them as well. Don't know what the heck I'd do with the one I made though.

17. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

18. Winterwind

I never got any of the normal weeping angels so I doubt I'll get this one.

My SDCC Fifth Doctor and Ainley Master arrived today. I'm extremely disappointed in them. They weren't worth the price at all. The Fifth has a chunk missing from his hat, a large gap between the left arm and where it joins the body at the back left shoulder and a piss poor paint job, with some of the pin stripes started but then curving a few millimetres up the leg and then completely stopping.

The Master is largely ok with the exception of a slightly deformed right leg. Since it's the same body as the Simm Master, just a slightly different torso sculpt with a vest added under the jacket and a pocket hankie, I thought I might be able to do a leg transplant. Unfortunately it's not a simple peg joint like the head is and I don't want to break the leg joint.

Definitely not worth $35 USD.

Quality continues to slip with the line.

19. The

20. Demonland

^ I've already ordered both of these and I can't wait to get them.

I agree with Josan that the quality control of the figures these days are woeful. Too many defects are slipping through the cracks. *pardon the Doctor Who pun*