TV Ratings (Wednesday 31st March)

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Jax, Apr 2, 2010.

1. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

TV Ratings (Wednesday 31st March) + Rumor

-Total Viewers:
    Fox: 14.07 million, NBC: 7.27, CBS: 6.57, ABC: 5.77, CW: 2.11

-Adults 18-49:
    Fox: 4.4 rating/14 share, ABC: 2.1/6, NBC: 2.0/6, CBS: 1.6/5, CW: 0.9/3

FOX

NBC

CBS

ABC

CW

Last edited: Apr 2, 2010
  2. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

Re: TV Ratings (Wednesday 31st March) + Rumor

The rumor mill is currently in overdrive that Two & Half Men star Charlie Sheen is quitting the CBS comedy after the current 7th season and if true would likely signal the end of the show IMO. However I don't think Charlie is quitting just yet and he will probably stay despite becoming tired of the show but I think Charlie will sign for one more final year making the 8th season the last and in return CBS could bump him from $800,000 + per episode the 1 million bracket.

I expect TBBT to take charge of the 9pm slot when 2&HM does wrap up and hopefully CBS can move forward the pilot and series creation of the web series hit "We Need Girlfriends" that they brought the rights too. I loved that web series and it would fit perfect with the TBBT audience in my opinion.

speaking of CBS I think its clear Accidentally on Purpose is being burn't off as it never stood a chance with a repeat of Old Christine as the lead in. CBS it was nice to see you wanting to try something non drama and non crime drama but the last 2 years haven't worked. I would say next season why not beak up the NCIS block moving LA to wednesday anchor. The Criminal Minds spinoff could do that but would that show work better in 9pm after NCIS on tuesday...Plus am just intrigued to see if the spinoffs could stand on there own two feet.

Most likely a 2 hour Criminal Minds block will be on wednesday next season.

Human Target on FOX is a weird one because the viewer total is solid but the demo is killing the show. If I was FOX the J.J show Fringe should replace 24 next season on Mondays leaving Human Target to try the Thursday 9pm slot in which 6-7 million and a 2.0+ demo is acceptable-ish.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2010
  3. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

NCIS / NCIS: LA / The Good Wife
    Criminal Minds / Criminal Minds 2.0 / CSI: NY

two blockbuster nights next season... if they don't mind airing CM at 8

4. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

I agree, Human Target isn't doing horrible overall and might actually do decent enough next year at 9pm Thursdays.

Plus the way AI is going 1-2 more years before it's in the 15 million range and shortly after that it will fall in the "screwed" area.

5. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

I just wonder if Criminal Minds is suitable for 8pm so am sure if they choose...

NCIS / Criminal Minds 2.0 / The Good Wife
    NCIS: LA / Criminal Minds / CSI: NY

Would still work.

6. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

I agree. I don't think either Criminal Minds would work at 8 PM, and I fully expect CBS to handle NCIS:LA the same way they handled The Mentalist (first season behind NCIS to build ratings/audience, then move it to a new night).