"James Bond 23" officially slated for 2012!

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by JacksonArcher, Jan 11, 2011.

1. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

Ha, I also got a TDKR vibe. He vanishes, returns, probably fails on the first attempt, and then comes back for good and kicks ass. But that's just the basic Rocky story.

2. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

Yeah, the Turkey train chase is the PCS

3. Brikar99

Brikar99 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It looked to me more like she was trying to write his obituary.

4. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

^Yes, on a second viewing, you're right, she is.

5. nvek86

nvek86 Commander Red Shirt

The way the trailer presented things, I'd say that (just speculation, but I put it in spoiler anyway):

M "loses" the disk with all the agents on it, among them Bond - agents are no longer safe, so their deaths get faked - someone (whoever Bardem is) blows up the MI headquarters and kills a lot of the still active agents, which means some of the "retired" ones have to come back, including Bond

6. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

^ That sounds pretty good actually.

7. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Fleet Admiral Admiral

The film looks amazing.

Not too impressed with the Q though. I know it's only a few lines, but they just seemed flat and wooden.

Even in his ornery years, Des had a certain charming spunk that really brought the character alive.

8. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

Actually:

Bond's "death" is accidental, in that he is shot by mistake by Eve who is told by a desperate M to take out the baddie he is fighting on the train.

9. DarthPipes

DarthPipes Vice Admiral Admiral

Wow. I have to say I'm impressed. If the film is as good as that trailer, then the Bond franchise will be back on track after that shitfest that was Quantum of Suckatude. Even better, the Skyfall trailer actually LOOKED like a Bond film. Suckatude seemed to do its best to try to copy the Bourne films and failed miserably.

I'll definitely check it out. There are a lot of movies this fall that I'm really looking forward to seeing.

10. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

This looks absolutely fantastic.

11. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

That's certainly how I interpreted it.

From the line about "Three months ago..." I'm guessing
    That the guy Bond is chasing through Istanbul and then fighting on the train is the one who's nicked the drive with the list of agents, and Bond is trying to get it back - but when his backup, Eve, tries to shoot the thief, she hits Bond - either by incompetence or treason - and he's "killed" - cue titles. And then the scene with Voldemort and M thereafter

Which means it might be quite a long PCS, I suspect, like TWINE had.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2012
  12. Brikar99

Brikar99 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I watched the 'international' trailer, and the 'domestic' trailer one after the other, looking to spot differences and saw one I didn't consider: in the international trailer, when Bond lands inside the train he has what looks like a large blood stain on his right shoulder. In the domestic version, it seems to have been digitally removed or altered.

13. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

So that's why I never saw the stain everyone was talking about, lol. Anyways:

[spoiler="The Stain]There is a shot in the trailer of Bond sitting inside the digger being shot at. Apparently he catches a bullet and that's where the blood stain comes from. Would make the next few sequences intense as he would be grappling around a moving train with a bullet wound[/spoiler]

14. Rush Limborg

Rush Limborg Vice Admiral Admiral

Funny: last night, The "ComingSoon.net" page wouldn't show the US trailer for me--"This video is no longer available."

Today, it seems to be working just fine....

Frankly, I think the US trailer (The one that doesn't begin with the obituary) is more coherent--more clear about what's going on, and why.

I am ever more psyched about this!

BTW...was Bardem's character's name revealed? Becasue...apart from his lack of a cat, I could easily see his character, looking at these recent trailers, as a convincing Blofeld....

Last edited: Aug 1, 2012
  15. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

Bardem said in an interview a few months ago that his character's name is Raoul Silva.

16. Rush Limborg

Rush Limborg Vice Admiral Admiral

Okay. Guess McClory's still alive, then....

17. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

This is merely speculation on my part:

Based on what's present in the trailer, it appears that Silva could possibly have been an MI6 operative that was betrayed by M, and that's why he's now attempting to take his revenge on her. Could explain his line "She made us..."

I don't think he was ever intended to be Blofeld.

18. The Nth Doctor

I got the same impression, which reminded me of GoldenEye. And the whole "dying" and going off the grid vibe reminds me of Die Another Day but done right.

19. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

As good as the looks, it is a bit derivative of past Bonds. Especially Bond "failing" and falling a great distance in the teaser is similar to the opening of The World is Not Enough.

Which isn't a complaint mind you. With 23 films now it's hard to stay fresh. It may be repackaged, but the package looks great.

20. The Nth Doctor

I'm all for it. I wanted to love Die Another Day for that aspect but they screwed it up badly.