TMP-era fan productions

Discussion in 'Fan Productions' started by starshipfan, Aug 16, 2014.

1. Joel_Kirk

Joel_Kirk Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

In the Joel Zone, identifying as Sexually Fluid.
    I've noticed quite a few players on Star Trek Online with toons who wear the TMP uniforms.

I don't mind them, myself.

2. starshipfan

starshipfan Ensign Red Shirt

I tend to like the "Monster Maroons" uniforms, more than the original TMP versions and the TNG style, and just a bit more than the TOS uniforms.

Anyway, as a subtle (or not) change of topic, has anyone tried to figure out what the various displays on the latter movie bridges (specifically V and VI) are? What controls and displays would be required on a starship? Does anyone have any hi-res images of the varied displays shown in those movies? (Yes, I know they had a lot of repetition.)

3. Potemkin_Prod

Potemkin_Prod Commodore Commodore

Our bridge sets are fairly accurate to Star Trek II, IV, V and VI, depending on what we could capture on the screen or from the glorious HD screen caps at Trekcore. Thomas Sasser provided a good deal of material, as has Rex (Keiichi-K1 at Deviant Art). Other excellent sources include the Cygnus X-1 website. We used CorelDraw to replicate some of the screen caps as graphics, and Photoshop to animate them.

The best example of what we've done can be seen "Duty Bound," the first vignette from Project: Potemkin's second season. John Northam did a fabulous job animating our bridge set: http://youtu.be/zKtAWNufSz8

4. northstar

northstar Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

While I admire your bridge and your effort to bring us a movie-era production, I am afraid your bridge set isnĀ“t even close to the TWOK bridge set. This is probably most likely due to the size of the set, which seems to be a lot smaller then the real set was, so everything seems to be very much condensed.

5. Potemkin_Prod

Starshipfan was asking about the displays. They're pretty much spot on, if derived from different films. The smaller size of the set, indeed due to space limitations, mainly resulted in the removal of the empty areas between the consoles.

We recently considered expanding our new sets into an additional 2000' sq ft warehouse adjacent to our current one, but frankly, spending an additional $12,000-$15,000 on a wider set is not prudent for our production at this time. Unless you'd care to make a donation? :)

6. Maurice

Maurice Snagglepussed Admiral

Some of them are kinda weirdly sized, though. :)

7. Potemkin_Prod

Sadly, not all the sources had measurements, and we had to take some creative license with their sizing. But they are, as I asserted, fairly accurate. YMMV, of course. ;)

8. starshipfan

starshipfan Ensign Red Shirt

Actually, I was referring to the "classic cast" movie era as opposed to TOS or TNG and beyond. I feel they did start to get the look and feel more consistent when they changed to the Monster Maroons. Although, they could never seem to settle on the bridge layout for 1701-A...