Star Trek London

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by Captain April, Mar 1, 2012.

1. Miss Lemon

Miss Lemon Commodore Commodore

Really? I had the time of my life! So I would be happy if the big secret turned out to be something like that.

2. Admiral Bear

Admiral Bear Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

If it's a new exhibition, the States will likely get it first, months before the UK, so it won't be a secret for long.

3. Miss Lemon

4. Admiral Bear

I found this earlier today and thought "hmmm, full scale Ent-D bridge. . and it does says 'explore'."

But then no one in their right mind is going to bring all that over for 3 days. The running time of this event precludes an exhibition as far as I can see.

5. Miss Lemon

Maybe it would have a big opening weekend with some celebrity guests?

6. Admiral Bear

You could only have so many people in there at one time. . 'elf and safety innit, guv.

Say you had Stewart and Frakes sitting on the bridge of the D for photo ops. TBH, if the only decent revenue over a 3 day period was in that sort of thing, CBS could just ship the set over, reconstruct it in a large London hotel conference hall, and get snap happy with Patrick, Jonathan, and the punters who are happy to spend £100+ on a photo.

No need for the rest of any exhibition.

7. Miss Lemon

You might have a point. :p

8. Admiral Bear

Just for that, I'll go and put the kettle on.

Tea and Apple Strudel?

9. Miss Lemon

No milk for me, please. And I'd rather have some crumpets if it's all the same.

10. Admiral Bear

[​IMG]

11. Miss Lemon

You've got some pretty tableware there. :D

12. Dac

Dac Commodore Commodore

So, we all gonna go together? :P I signed up to this when I first saw it a while back. I'm dying for a decent proper Trek Con in my part of the UK. London Expo just doesn't cut it, and I always forget to go to the London Film and Comic Con.

13. Admiral Bear

I'm usually mug and paper plates, but since I'm entertaining. :lol:

14. Admiral Bear

I don't think you're missing much. Events in this country have become intolerable over the last few years. They're now just about screwing customers for as much money as possible while providing them with as little as possible.

15. Dac

Dac Commodore Commodore

Well, I used to go to Expo all the time, but now its just degenerated into an an Anime wank-a-thon. Any show were Star Trek has an appearance beyond one table in the dealers room will have my money.

16. Admiral Bear

As did I until Mr Cooney in his wisdom decided autograph collectors were no longer required, and that all the people who made his business what it was could foxtrot oscar. Met some very big guests at Expooooo over the years. But he ran the event in to the ground and has now done the same with Expoo Anime wank-a-thon. By 11am last October, the brats couldn't wait to get in to Memorabilia next door because they were so bored shitless in Expooo.

If you don't already, you need to get yourself to the SF Ball. I went once and was profoundly underwhelmed by it, so I can't recommend it if you've never been. From what I've heard, the event has been in its death throes for the last few years with attendence in the toilet, but to its credit, it's still going.

17. Dac

Dac Commodore Commodore

Hah, I think I was one of that crowd. :guffaw: I only went last October to see the Red Vs Blue guys and hopefully grab a 1-10 DVD and some swag, but Gus said all their crap got held up in customs, so it was just him, Gavin and Ben in an empty booth.

I got a pic, but I'd have rather had a DVD :p

As for SFBall, I've had a look. The prices don't seem too ott wallet killing, but Bournemouth is a bit of a Trek for a Trekkie without a car based in Essex. Was that a pun? I dunno.

What with it being...something, Trek related set in London I can get to it in under an hour. I just hope its priced like a fairly average con (~£10 for a days pass) and not like those other types of con which charge upwards of £70.

BTW, is this Mr Cooney that balding big eared Twat I see running around at Expo? Ever since The Voyager con I went too in Blackpool in 2000 I've wanted to nut that prick in the face.

18. Miss Lemon

What about The Greatest Show in the Galaxy? Do you guys know anything about it? The whole VOY cast and some DS9 actors are on their guest list.

I'm tempted to go to the London Film and Comic Con, as both Nichelle Nichols and Michael Dorn are attending.

19. Dac

Dac Commodore Commodore

That doesn't look bad, although the price would skyrocket with the amount of Autograph's I'd want from that list :p Plus, it's in Peterborough.

I need a new car.

20. Admiral Bear

Deleted.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2012