Memories of the Eleventh

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by Timelord Victorious, Dec 11, 2013.

1. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

I was discussing the most memorable scenes of the Eleventh with friends on facebook and I thought we should share them here as well.

What are your favorite scenes with him and if you have a link, post the best clips along...?

One of my personal favorites, and I always come back to it, when I think of Matt's essential scene as the Doctor, is his speech in Rings of Akhaten.

He manages to be heartbreaking and uplifting at the same time, no idea how he does it, but he is truly acting his heart out in this scene.

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRIKF1CzWbI[/yt]

2. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

My absolute favorite is the Colonel Runaway scene from "A Good Man Goes to War."

Madame Kovarian: "The anger of a good man is not a problem. Good men have too many rules."
    The Doctor: "Good men don't need rules. Today is not the day to find out why I have so many."

I also love the very last scene in "The Doctor, The Widow, and the Wardrobe." After running away and hiding from them for two years, The Doctor finally decides to return home to Amy and Rory, only to find out that they already have a spot saved for him at the dinner table -- that they always have a spot saved for him at the dinner table. It's the first time, I think, that the Doctor realized that he had a family, and he cried.

Humany wumany.

3. Mitty

Mitty Vice Admiral Admiral

So many great moments. Not long after we meet him and he has to hop the TARDIS forward "Five minutes", he tells young Amelia that He'll be right back. She replies "People always say that" and he says "Do I even look like People?". That was the moment when I knew this was the Doctor again, and that we didn't need to worry after the loss of Ten.

Add to that the gorgeous moment in "The Doctors Wife" where he tells her "Alive isn't sad", and the pain of losing Amy and Rory in "Angels Take Manhattan".

4. Vyse

Vyse Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJBPFCtOJsU[/yt]

Love this scene in the Big Bang.

5. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

Yeah, Smith at his best and makes a mockery of people who claim he's all shouty and emoting all the time.

Similarly the bit when he's by Amelia's bedside later is really touching as well.

6. The Mirrorball Man

The Mirrorball Man Vice Admiral Admiral

The Doctor: No! No! It's... not like that. That's not what I'm like!
    Amy: Then what are you like?
    The Doctor: I dunno, Gandalf. Like a space Gandalf. Or that little green guy in Star Wars...
    Amy: You really are not. You. Are. A bloke.

7. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

Eleven popping out of the cake at Rory's stag do was great as well.

DOCTOR: Rory! That's a relief. I thought I'd burst out of the wrong cake, again. That reminds me, there's a girl standing outside in a bikini. Could someone let her in and give her a jumper? Lucy? Lovely girl. Diabetic. Now then, Rory. We need to talk about your fiancée. She tried to kiss me. Tell you what, though. You're a lucky man. She's a great kisser.

(Someone drops his beer glass and it smashes on the floor.)

DOCTOR: Funny how you can say something in your head and it sounds fine.

8. P0sitr0nic

P0sitr0nic Vice Admiral Admiral

I really like the speech at the Pandorica.

And the entire episode of Vincent and the Doctor.

9. AgentCoop

AgentCoop Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I really love the scene in "The Impossible Astronaut" when the Doctor realizes that the others are keeping something from him, so he makes Amy swear to him on something that truly matters. Fish fingers and custard. A lovely moment.

10. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

One of my favorites would be the scene in Power of Three where he and Amy are sitting on a ledge and he's explaining that he's not running away from things, but actually running towards them, because there's so much to see and he wants to see it all before it fades away. Just thought that was a really great and interesting new insight into his character.

Also loved these lines:

"Has anyone ever told you that you're a bit weird?"
    "They never really stop."

"I speak Horse. His name's Susan. And he wants you to respect his life choices." :D