Everyone leaves L&O:CI?!

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by bigdaddy, Sep 25, 2009.

1. Allyn Gibson

Allyn Gibson Vice Admiral Admiral

Again, I'm going to say that I think Crystal and his filmmakers did a fantastic job shooting Tiger Stadium to make it look like Yankee Stadium.

One of the big things they did, because Tigers had moved out at that point, had nothing to do with CGI. They painted the seats in the stands green to match what they had looked like at Yankee Stadium in the 60s. I doubt that Steinbrenner would have allowed Crystal to do that with the real Yankee Stadium.

At some point, you have to accept a willing suspension of disbelief. 61* worked for me. I was convinced by Tiger Stadium's recreation of Yankee.

2. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

Damn, this is a shocker. As much as I LOVE Jeff Goldblum, I have to ask: What's the point of continuing the series (other than to make sure Munch FINALLY appears in an episode)?

As for the other two series, I pretty much have stopped caring about them, although I have enjoyed Stephanie March's return. I'm tired of Stabler and Benson and we don't get enough focus on Fin and Munch. The mothership just doesn't do it for me anymore now that the novelty of Jack McCoy as the D.A. has worn off and realized he's not the maverick he use to be.

3. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

Did they at least put in the old Yankee Stadium scoreboard, plus the 4 train and platform, like in the real thing? They didn't just leave in the view beyond the outfield wall as it was in Tiger Stadium, did they?

4. Allyn Gibson

Allyn Gibson Vice Admiral Admiral

I don't know how they recreated the outfield view for the film, but it looked authentic. Right down to the blocky office building beyond the outfield wall.

Crystal, the Yankees fan that he is, didn't stint on recreating the House that Ruth Built.

5. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

I agree. Even take Jeff Goldblum and give him his own show, it's only his second year, he is most likely still pretty cheap. But the syndication money is so high they probably will just keep it on the air for it's name. Plus it sounds like the characters will be coming back to be written off, so fans of the show have that to look forward too.

Don't give them any ideas. Vampire Diaries is almost beating most NBC shows so NBC might want L&O: Vampires.

Also the season premiere of L&O 'Vanilla" was pretty good, and even with a Friday Night death slot and no ads it got 6 million viewers.

6. Mr. Laser Beam

I'd like to see Law & Order: Special Sombrero Unit

7. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

You know I was thinking about something: Why don't they move Munch to Criminal Intent and make him one of the leads instead of supporting?

8. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

Does it really matter to you? Since it wasn't filmed in New York, you're not going to see it. :lol:

9. Timby

Timby o yea just like that Administrator

He just tried to prosecute Dick Cheney and about a dozen other people for torture. He's still "out there."

Because Richard Belzer is 65 (shit, he's past mandatory retirement age for most police departments) and doesn't have the time or the energy to have a front-line role on television anymore.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2009
  10. Aragorn

Isn't CI the one L&O show Munch still hasn't appeared on... if you don't count Conviction.

11. Mr. Laser Beam

Munch hasn't been on either of those two shows.

12. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm done with the L&Os and CSIs this year. All the premieres were boring, dull retreads.

13. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

Ah, that's good to know. I have missed most of the past season.

Unfortunately true. Too bad because I think Nichols/Munch would be an awesome pair.

14. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

^ Make him the new boss then :)

15. The Borgified Corpse

The Borgified Corpse Admiral Admiral

Ouch! Forgotten already? You were just down ther
    He's kind of a pussy now that he's the D.A., although he has his moments. But Michael Cutter is like a young Jack, although a bit more idealistic.

Munch & Goldblum would be a very interesting team. No crimes ever get solved because every episode is derailed by their insane rambling.

Has Criminal Intent ever done any crossovers with any of the Law & Order shows? Did any other established Law & Order characters appear on Conviction besides Cabot?

Outer-space, Canada, same thing.:p

That show was just so much better off when they stayed in Paris. Paris is more scenic and has more old buildings that were better at selling the period flashback sequences. And I'd always thought that Vancouver was supposed to be standing in (badly) for New York.

I also have no idea where Tru Calling was supposed to take place. It was shot in Vancouver. The original pilot script included references to some ficticious New York university but those were all changed to something more generic when the show was actually shot. Frankly, Vancouver looks too clean to be New York. If I had to guess, I'd say Boston.

And where the hell does Underworld take place?! The 2nd movie makes it look like it's somewhere in eastern Europe or maybe Russia (although it was shot in Canada). That kinda fits in with the 1st movie being shot in Hungary but then why were the subway signs in English?

Unfortunately, there's almost zero Munch on SVU, particularly in the later seasons. For that matter, I always find myself wishing there was more of him on Homicide.

16. Aragorn

There was an SVU episode synopsis from a previous season where Logan and Ross appear, but it never happened.

17. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Commodore Commodore

Richard Belzer is 65! Strange I have been a fan of his a long time and never thought of his age. He is one of those people who has not changed much over the years. With the exception of graying hair his overall look has been basically the same since his standup days in the 70s. Maybe Munch is a vampire and should star in his own spinoff. ;)

18. cardinal biggles

cardinal biggles A GODDAMN DELIGHT Moderator

There would be one way for Wolf and NBC/Universal to save money... change the format to that of a half-hour sitcom, most of which would consist of them at their desks offering hilarious commentary on current events.

19. Marc

Marc Fleet Admiral Premium Member

Law & Order: Criminally Bad Jokes?

20. cardinal biggles

cardinal biggles A GODDAMN DELIGHT Moderator

So basically, the only difference between this show and Jay Leno would be the use of the "doink-doink"?