Warehouse 13 Season 4 (discussion, spoilers)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by 1001001, Jul 17, 2012.

1. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah. Although in an article I read on Blastr
    they did refer to Mrs. Frederic in the present tense while discussing a storyline from later in the season, so it sounds like she might be coming back.
    Not yet, but it is one of the next things I plan on reading.
    EDIT: I forgot to post this when I was on before. Blastr did a preview article for tonight's season premier.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2012
  2. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

Even though they totally hit the reset button (except for Steve who's still dead) it won't be without consequences. Usually in a sci-fi/fantasy show the reset button is hit and that's it but here it looks like it will cause some bad shit to happen so that's cool.

3. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

^^ That's pretty much what I thought would happen. Poor Steve. He was a good character and would have continued to make a good contribution to the show.

4. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

The metronome can still bring him back.

he might be a little decayed around the edges, but it's only been a couple hours and given how the gay Caprican gangster kept coming about without any obvious wear and tear, maybe Steve will completely regenerate?

Last edited: Jul 24, 2012
  5. LaxScrutiny

LaxScrutiny Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Maybe Greg could send an email to go with our ebooks? ;)

6. JanewayRulz!

JanewayRulz! Vice Admiral Admiral

A New Hope...

Well, I suspect all the angst over the death of HG has now been expunged. I LIKED how Artie remembers everything. If he hadn't, then her sacrifice would truly have been meaningless.

I wonder if the evil that will follow Artie forever will be Metronome Steve? Had he not changed everything, Claudia wouldn't have lived and brought him back.

Overall, I liked it, and am glad to see Mrs. Frederic and HG, both hale and hearty once again.

7. Guy Gardener

So in the first or second episode Artie said that they had Pandoras box in the shelves and that it was empty... What was that about?

8. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

I thought that was pretty good.

As mentioned, a reset button, but with consequences.

So now we've got Fr. Data to join Janeway and Robau. At least Artie didn't try to add Data to his collection....

:p

9. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

Don't forget. We've also had Odo (twice) and Seven of Nine.

10. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

I never forget Seven of Nine. Or as my daughter used to call her, "Seven-Up Nine"

;)

11. Guy Gardener

I wonder if anyone told Brent that Dr Kern and Brother Adrian who coexist in the same Universe are Dead Ringers or might even be the same person?

12. LaxScrutiny

We had Quark in season 2, that was when HG sent Pete and Micah back to the 60s. Shimerman was the "Artie" in the warehouse then.

13. Greg Cox

You know, I thought Armin Shimerman had appeared as well, but I was too lazy to look it up!

14. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

W13 sure loves it's Trek guest stars! :) I want Shatner next...

15. Greg Cox

Paging Wil Wheaton and George Takei . . . .

16. shivkala

shivkala Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^
    Wil Wheaton wouldn't be hard to work in, since he's already a character in Eureka, which is a part of this whole shared universe.

17. timothy

timothy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Quark guest starred on tnt's perception this week.

A new hope was a good glad hg is safe. Now what about this big evil that is sopposed to be coming, any ideas?

18. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

Well, that was pretty good. I was surprised they did a reset that nobody but Artie remembers ("You won't remember... but I will." Great scene). I'm glad almost everybody is okay, as I expected, and I loved Artie's endorsement of HG at the end. I'm not especially happy with Claudia's turn to the dark side-- that's where she came in. But I do hope they can save Steve.

Also, it was very much in the tradition of W13 that they were able to save the day by de-corrupting the bad guy. :bolian:

I could go for that.

That's cute. :rommie:

19. LaxScrutiny

20. stj

stj Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Claudia going bad probably has nothing to do with Steve. None of this episode was required for that motive, and Artie is supposed to have created the evil by using the astrolabe.
    Steve is dead. Since this is fantasy, he miraculously dead, the kind that stay's dead, despite near universal precedent. Jaime Murray will be back before Aaron Ashmore I think.

Sykes demise under the dhoti of death merely suggests that the warehouse team that filed it forgot to launder it first.

The continuing storyline shapes up to be bad Claudia plots and Mrs. Frederick finds out what Artie did and faces terrible jeopardy while the Knights Templar go after Artie because they know Artie did something since he has the astrolabe. There might be an artifact hunt in there but most likely every artifact pursuit will be a macguffin in the Bad Claudia, Mrs. Frederick in peril or Templars attack subplots.

Bad Claudia will be redeemed, Mrs. Frederick and
    Artie will be saved and the Knights Templar will make nice in the end. Genelle will be in peril at least once, and useful at least once, but anything further is a crap shoot.