What games are you playing currently?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by charlhussey, Apr 29, 2010.

1. donners22

donners22 Commodore Commodore

Playing Recettear, which I got as part of the Indi Story Pack at the Steam sale. This game alone was worth the $5. Quirky humour and an original concept.

Rather challenging and frustrating in its own way, though.

2. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

Near end of Fallout 3 main story but I hear Broken Steel DLC is set after the main story...

Does this mean I can carry on doing side quests (picking up new oens as I go) and other DLC after?

3. Servo

Servo Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

If you complete the story without BS installed, the game ends. You then have to install the DLC and reload your last save, which may mean doing some (or all) of the final mission again.

If you already have it installed when you finish the story, you wake up 2 weeks after the end of the final quest, and you have the entire wasteland open to you, to continue exploring and looking for side quests. You'll also then be able to start the BS missions whenever you want.

The other four DLC will just open up new locations, to give you access to them, as and when you install them.

4. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

^ Cheers

Am itching to finish the story off
    about to launch the assault with the brotherhood of steel elite squad to re-take the purifier

I assume thats near the end of the game so after that since I have all the DLC installed, I will do all the DLC and any other sidequests I can find + explore rest of map.

I will probably play it a 2nd time in 2011, need a break before I do a 2nd more evil playthrough. I will also pick up New vegas between Spring & summer because it looks like it needs patching between then and now.

Fallout 4 please hurry :lol:

5. Servo

I'm 45 hours into my first NV playthrough, and the only problem I've encountered is the occasional game freeze. No game-breaking glitches (or minor glitches, actually) to report. Touch wood.

6. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

Battlefield: Bad Company 2.

Both it and Medal of Honor were on sale a couple days ago, but I decided to go with BC2 since I played BC1 a couple years ago, and since MoH has been getting some pretty mediocre reviews.

7. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

Started DLC point lookout on Fallout 3, wish I read forums first at the warning about how a bunch on inbred redneck yokels can cause me major damage with a simple shotgun despite top of the line armour and withstand a brutal beating with my weaponary that takes down super mutants in mere seconds.

Might do other DLC and come back to that one last since its open ended and not a focus mission plot.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2010
  8. Servo

The Lever-Action Rifle is your best friend. Point Lookout is fucking brilliant.

9. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

So, having run out of my A games, I started something I got for $5 at Target on clearance... Star Wars Clone Wars Republic Heroes. It's not terrible but it's not great either. I can't stand how damn tiny the characters are on the screen. It does have 40 missions though so at least I'm getting my money's worth. But they're short, I think I've done 10-15 in just a few hours.

10. Niorah

Niorah Fleet Admiral Admiral

I've been playing Forza Motorsport 3 this afternoon. I really enjoy it. :techman:

11. Captain Pike

Captain Pike Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I must check out Forza one day - I've only heard good things about it.

Currently I'm thrashing the last bits of life out of GT5, soon I'll be back in my RDR comfort zone.

I've got Uncharted 2 sitting there, in the box. Can't bear to take my attention away from RDR long enough to play it.

12. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

^ trust me you will not want to put down Uncharted 2.

Meeting up with friends later to have one of our all night gaming sessions, going to try out the new DK game on the Wii :) look forward to it.

13. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

^ Yeah I beat U2 twice in three days and then one more time in the following week. I've also spent like 200 hours playing online. ;)

14. Turd Ferguson

Turd Ferguson Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It's a great racing game, and an EXTREMELY long one. I'm about forty hours into it, got the sixth year achievement, thinking I was pretty close to getting the every event gold achievement. Nope. I looked at the event list and have only a tiny fraction of it completed.

15. Niorah

I'm back to playing Fallout: New Vegas.

I'm finally getting into the game and it's a lot of fun. :techman:

16. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I'm playing Overlord II, I got it for $5 brand new. The game is cute and funny but I really can't stand the awkward controls and camera and half the time I'm running around not knowing what the hell I'm supposed to do. I doubt I'll finish it.

17. Haggis and tatties

Haggis and tatties Vice Admiral Admiral

How right you are, i have now played through all levels right up until the last two levels on professional with the move controller, and i have to say my accuracy has never been so high, that move controller is so responsive that I'm beginning to think I'm invincible in this game, whatever i point it at goes way. very quickly...OK that's and my S&W infinite magnum with 5000 damages a shot.:techman:

Fantastic coop game made all the better with that Move controller.

Anyway next game on the list is borderlands GOTY, already sitting there waiting for RE to be done and dusted.

18. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

Started Prince of Persia and Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit.

19. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

Same here, took a break of about six months, but now I'm right back into FM3 with a vengeance.

Of course, this is just my way of dealing with my Christmas-related anticipation of Gran Turismo 5 ;)

20. Niorah

^ It can be strangely addictive, innit? :D

All those races to be won and those cars to be tuned... :cool: