Amazon UK and Persistence of Memory

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by F. King Daniel, Oct 20, 2012.

1. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

I got an email yesterday from Amazon.co.uk, cancelling my pre-order of the first Cold Equations book, saying "Our supplier has informed us the item is no longer available."

A random Amazon blip or has the book been pulled for some reason?

2. John Clark

John Clark Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Paper back version I presume?
    They've done that once or twice lately I believe.

They still have it listed as available for Kindle, but I believe even that publication date has been pushed back a little. (They're usually released last tuesday of the month but the site is saying 8th November)

3. bbailey861

bbailey861 Admiral Admiral

A blip, most likely. I still see it listed on Amazon.ca.

4. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

Paperback, yes. And, thanks. I'll keep an eye out for when it's relisted. What's the betting that, when it crops up again, the price has gone up?

5. Allyn Gibson

Allyn Gibson Vice Admiral Admiral

Amazon UK does weird shit like this. From what I understand, it's a problem with their database -- they have a date in their system for when it's supposed to be in their warehouse, and when the date passes and the book's not there their system automatically cancels it. This cancels the orders, then the book arrives in the warehouse, and they may it available for sale again. It's a stupid system, quite frankly.

6. John Clark

John Clark Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

That makes sense unfortunately. You'd think they'd set up a buffer time period so it just tells you there's a delay before it arbitrarily cancels it:(

As for the Kindle version, that's been brought forward to the 30th again as of today. They haven't updated the paperback version though so I guess the warehouse still hasn't had the deliveries (or their records updated)

7. zarkon

zarkon Captain Captain

Get it from bookdepository.

They'll probably get it in earlier anyway

8. Brefugee

Brefugee No longer living the Irish dream. Premium Member

I tend to get the books from their on the release date or a day or two after. I still need to order this one and the next two.

9. Relayer1

Relayer1 Admiral Admiral

Amazon have cancel led several pre-orders of mine. You have to complain to get the novel at the original preorder price and then have to wait two weeks after everyone else gets it...