The Walking Dead Season 2 Discussion *Spoilers*

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by PsychoPere, Oct 14, 2011.

1. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

Good finale. Everything seemed awfully convenient plot-wise though. And having been spoiled by those who've read the comic, I wasn't surprised by Rick's revelation or the fortress at the very end. I'm just glad they left the farm behind. I was afraid they'd keep the show there for another season.

I thought the same thing. :cardie:

2. sidious618

sidious618 Admiral Admiral

Those were zombies? I couldn't tell if they were zombies or just bound people because for some reason my DVR always records a little darker than it should. It was a startling image nonetheless. Is she from the prison?

3. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

Interesting stuff at the end with the crazy Jedi monk whatever and the prison. Wonder if they'll find Milla Jovivich?

BTW, I love that the iPhone automatically capitalizes Jedi :)

I had to grit my teeth at the never ending ammo, driveby marksmanship, and zombies dying from a two inch knife to the mouth. Kind of took me out of the moment a bit.

Liked the burning barn and Daryl and Carol though.

4. propita

propita Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Watching it now.

Lori's pissed at Rick?! I swear, if she dies by being torn apart by a zombie baby inside her, she earned that.

5. C_Miller

C_Miller Captain Captain

I'm not sure how they're doing it in the show, but in the comics, they find her after they end up at the prison.

In the comics she actually saves Otis, but that's definitely changed...

6. MilleniumLance

MilleniumLance Captain Captain

AWESOME!!!! nuff said

7. sidious618

sidious618 Admiral Admiral

My understanding is that the Governor comes after the prison in the comics, right? I wonder if they'll merge the two and have the Governor in charge of the prison.

8. Gotham Central

Gotham Central Vice Admiral Admiral

Seriously....WHAT THE F**K IS WRONG WITH LORI?

Damn that woman's personality changes on a dime. One episode se's all Lady Macbeth, the next she's MAD a Rick for, you know, defending himself from a homicidal Shane. (one that SHE warned him about)

I swear, things can only improve if she dies

Last edited: Mar 19, 2012
  9. Vendikarr

Vendikarr Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

In this world, there are only so many ways you can interpret being told 'you have to do something.' What did she expect Rick to do, bake Shane cookies?

10. MilleniumLance

MilleniumLance Captain Captain

anyone have the screenshot of Michonne, that will be my new wallpaper!

11. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Nice how they were able to put off choosing an actress for Michonne until next season.

It's nice that we can finally put to rest all of the conjecture about what Rick knew.

12. Mr. Adventure

I don't remember who but they announced the actress on The Talking Dead that followed the show.

13. Morpheus 02

Morpheus 02 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

they revealed her on Talking Dead -- Rutina Wesley of True Blood

14. Disruptor

Disruptor Commodore

It's all the black helicopter's fault! The opening explained a lot...still some plot conveniece that they wound up that close to the farm, but it's fiction.

Jimmy saved Rick and Carl and that's the thanks he gets.

There's really no reason to assume the heard won't move away from the farm sometime. They can go back raid the canned goods. No?

Going back to the highway was a nice touch, full circle...a grim "right back where we started and worse off".

Andrea was almost in the clear except for that last walker. "Yeah, you saved me...waited until there was one left and I was exhausted...thanks, grim reaper samurai."

Rick explained himself...poorly. He should've said he thought Jenner was mental. Also, that Shane was gonna shoot him.

Speaking of infection, Maggie has been infected with the dreaded Lori virus, and will now undermine the group's cohesion at every possible moment.

15. FreezeC77

FreezeC77 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

lol... I actually had a similar thought about the zombie virus and if she miscarries would the fetus(depending on term) try to eat its' way out.

Anyway as to Rick... I really think he's a piss-poor leader. Seriously? Dude is told that if ANY LIVING PERSON dies they will come back as a zombie and endanger the group and he never tells anyone? MAYBE he's telling the truth when he says he didn't believe it, but the danger of not telling anyone FAR EXCEEDS the benefits of keeping it hidden.

This would be how I would think about if I was a character... So I turn into a zombie if i die? Umm...Big f'in deal...99% of us are going to be killed BY A FRIGGIN ZOMBIE! So even if we weren't infected we'd have turned into one the way we think everyone is turned into a zombie.

16. the G-man

the G-man Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Rick did say he thought Jenner was mental. Twice.

17. StarTrek1701

StarTrek1701 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I always thought Christine Adams had Michonne written all over her.

As per someone else's request for the Michonne screencap:
    http://i.imgur.com/E54oL.jpg

18. Dorian Thompson

Dorian Thompson Admiral Admiral

HO.LY. SHIT. :wtf:

My thoughts

1.) Lori is a bitch

2.)I can't believe Herschel survived but I'm awfully glad he did; I think Rick is going to need him as a mentor and a comfort

3.)Lori is a bitch

4.)Daryl is going to become Rick's best friend and right hand man; he realizes that Shane's story didn't add up. He's a savvy cookie

5.)Lori is a bitch

6.)Rick did explain himself poorly, but I feel for him because the guilt of having to kill Shane is eating him alive and his ungrateful family is turning on him. Rick's falling apart because he has a conscience, and it's not like he's forcing them to stay. Not one of them left, did they?

7.)Lori is a bitch

8.)Hopefully Daryl can swing Carol to his side

9.)Lori is a bitch

10.)They need to find a prison to protect themselves

Oh and LORI IS A BITCH!!! :scream: :scream: :scream: :scream: :scream: :scream: :scream:

Shane tried to RAPE YOU, you stupid fucking cow! You whined to your friend in the flashback that your husband didn't yell at you enough and now that he's asserting himself, you're pissed off. You are every woman that whines that there are no good men but you reject a man who loves you because he's "too nice" and "not exciting enough." I no longer care that people call her WHORI. God, she is a terrible person. Have an affair with Andrea, Rick. Hook up with Michonne. Hell, hook up with Daryl. Anyone is better than that cow, Lori.

Lori is a bitch.

19. Mr. Adventure

see here for the correct casting
    http://www.deadline.com/2012/03/the-walking-dead-casts-michonne-role/

20. Ryan

Ryan Commodore Commodore

It's nice to finally see kick-ass Andrea make an appearance. That's a woman who definitely wants to live (though please, Andrea, stop wasting all your ammo on the zombies behind you).

I'm kinda surprised how fast they turned Rick into an asshole. I guess without Shane to deflect that all onto it automatically reverts back to him.