The Dark Knight Rises Anticipation Station

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JacksonArcher, Oct 27, 2010.

1. Marc

Marc Fleet Admiral Premium Member

Lets not forget Wayne's playboy image - fast cars, fast women, why not get into fast jets? He could by a vintage fighter Jet (e.g the F-86 or if he could keep in South Africa say a Buccaneer) and use that as a cover to take flying lessons.

2. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

I can see Bruce going to Lucius and asking him if they have any experimental planes in development he could procure for his use. We know Wayne Enterprises had military contracts before Earle pulled the plug on the their old projects. What we don't know is the extent of them.

3. Marc

Marc Fleet Admiral Premium Member

but he might be a more cautious this time in case some-one else does a bit of snooping and find the missing stuff that could link Bruce Wayne to Batman.

4. Admiral_Young

^ Exactly. Part of the genius of these movies is to show Bruce fallible and capable of making mistakes. The thing with Reese is just an example of this. I really believe that the underlying main theme of all three of these films will be Bruce evolving into becoming the Batman we all know and love from the comics. "The World's Greatest Detective". These are snippets of that journey.

5. Too Much Fun

Too Much Fun Commodore Commodore

What are ya going to build him now, a......rocketship? :D

6. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Vice Admiral Admiral

In the book Bruce took some hang gliding lessons

[​IMG]

7. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

Remember when everyone was convinced that Mr.Reese was "mysteries" and was going to become the Riddler? Good times.

So, so wrong, but good times nonetheless.:lol:

8. Warped9

Warped9 Admiral Admiral

When I first saw the tumbler in early promos I thought :wtf:

Then I saw the film and started to appreciate it. It made far more sense for something that will take a beating than a sleek stylized coupe. I hope they bring the tumbler back in some fashion.

The only think I didn't like was the bit of him laying down face forward for some maneuver or whatever---it was stupid.

9. BrianSisko

BrianSisko Cadet Newbie

I can't see a use for a "Batplane" I think Nolan will go back to a car/tumbler for the final installment. Also there's no way Robin will turn up. Nolan's too clever for that.

10. Warped9

Warped9 Admiral Admiral

No Robin? Thank GOD!

11. Obiwanshinobi

Obiwanshinobi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Just because Robin is not in doesn't mean a cameo by Dick Grayson or a Nightwing won't be. Most likely they won't be, but Robin has been said as a definite no thus far.

12. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

Maybe a modified Tumbler than seperates and turns into a glider (haven't we had this in James Bond at some point?)

13. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

14. Shazam!

Shazam! Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

If Nolan was that clever, he could make Robin work.

15. Admiral_Young

Why are we still talking about Robin? As has been said many times in this thread Nolan stated back during Begins junkets that Dick wasn't even a thought in his parents heads yet. .He will not be in the film.

16. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

I edited your quote because I'm very immature:

17. JacksonArcher

JacksonArcher Vice Admiral Admiral

"Dick heads". :rofl:

18. Admiral_Young

19. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

Nobody can make an annoying kid sidekick work. It has never ever worked anywhere.

20. Admiral_Young

Go read "Dark Victory". Jeph Loeb makes it work. If Nolan wanted to...and the key word is want...there is an example of a great Dick Grayson origin story that handles it with maturity and emotional depth that fits like a glove in his world. Since he already referenced that book in previous interviews as being a source of the material there was never any intention on his part of using the character. He wanted to focus on Bruce Wayne.