Fringe Ques re Multiple Univers & Olivia – Spoilers to Current Episode

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Ro_Laren, Oct 15, 2012.

1. Ro_Laren

Ro_Laren Commodore Commodore

*** No spoilers past whatever Fringe episode has currently aired in America! ***

In the latest Fringe episode, The Recordist, Olivia said something like she didn’t feel like she was “programmed” to be a mother and that she felt that way since she went through the Cortexiphan trials as a kid. But, I’m totaling mixing up all the different Fringe universes that we’ve seen. Did this current Olivia really go through Cortexiphan trials at the hands of Walter and Bell? Did she have a crazy abusive step-father and a mother who died already? Or does she have these memories of a different Olivia via Peter - remember how he imprinted different memories upon her last season??

I remember that last season Peter was imprinting memories of “his Olivia” (aka the original Olivia) on the Olivia of the universe that he ended suddenly appeared in. If you recall, Walter was mad at Peter because of this. But at some point, did September say that last season’s Olivia became Peter’s Olivia? Like she morphed into her or something? I’m totally confused. I think I had it figured out at the end of last season, but I’ve totally forgotten!

2. ManOnTheWave

ManOnTheWave Vice Admiral Admiral

Re: Fringe Ques re Multiple Univers & Olivia – Spoilers to Current Epi

Despite being in a new reality and living a different life, Olivia gained her previous memories and became the Olivia Peter knew.

I don't think any real explanation was given for the memories returning other than they loved each other.

3. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Yeah, Walter blamed Peter, but Pete didn't really do anything except be there. As for Olivia, that's an interesting question. She gained the memories of the Cortexiphan trials that Walter and Bell performed on "original Olivia" but she did not actually go through them. We can guess that step mom (I forget the character name) may have subjected this Olivia to the same treatments though.

Or am I just totally confusing the back stories at this point?

4. Worf2DS9

Worf2DS9 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Actually, one of the things I like about the characters in this future setting is that it's easy to believe these are the original characters and not the alt-alt versions from last season. It just feels like they're our original Fringe team displaced 20-some years.

5. jbohn

jbohn Commander Red Shirt

More seriously though... why haven't we seen Broyles or Nina yet?

6. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Broyles was in the preview for this week's episode.

7. propita

propita Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Broyles' image was in the recordist display. Maybe someone can screenshot it.

8. Ro_Laren

Ro_Laren Commodore Commodore

Well, we saw them in the 2036 episode from last season called Letters of Transit. We know that Broyles still runs Fringe Division (meaning they are know trying to catch Henrietta & Co.) and Nina Sharp still seemed to be in charge of Massive Dynamic (though their headquarters moved).

I haven't really missed them. To be honest, I've been enjoying the new addition in the character of Henrietta Bishop. I think the actress Georgina Haig is doing really well in that role.