The Vampire Diaries & The Originals

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Taylirious, Oct 4, 2013.

1. Snaploud

Snaploud Admiral Admiral

Common sense really seems to elude the folks on The Vampire Diaries (Stefan, Elena, Damon, etc.). It was just a matter of time before Kathryn tried to steal Elena's body. Elena should have skipped the country by now.

It was nice seeing some of the original vampires on TVD. Of course, it's a reminder that the most interesting characters left for the spin-off show.

2. Taylirious

Taylirious Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

On The Originals - So Celeste is gunning for Klaus no matter the cost. Papa Tunde didn't last long. Marcel & Rebekah are responsible for Mikael chasing out Klaus from NO back in the day? Looks like there may be a chance to bring Davina back after all. Not a bad EP.

3. js

js Captain Captain

Called it. :D

4. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I was surprised when they killed Papa Dunde at the end. They seemed to be setting him up, and then one slash of a knife and he was gone. But I guess they must have just wanted us to see just how powerful he was before Celeste got all of his power.
    I can't wait to see what happens when Elijah finds out about Celeste. They do show them having a face to face encounter in the preview for next week, but it's hard to tell how much he knows in the few seconds they show.
    I think I saw the actress who played/plays Davina (Danielle Campbell) still in the credits, so there is a chance that she could be back.

5. Taylirious

On The Vampire Diaries - So Kitty Kat is now in full control of Elena's body. Bad Damon is back and that look before he bites Aaron was scary and cool. The Caroline/Tyler stuff I don't care about. All in all a decent EP.

ETA:

@js Yep! :bolian:

@JD Elijah/Celeste encounter will be interesting. I liked Davina more and more, so I hope they can bring her back. :)

6. Kosh Naranek

Kosh Naranek Captain Captain

I don't think Davina is really gone, or at least I hope not. At first I did not care for her, but I slowly grew to like Davina and Josh. Josh won me over with his goofiness and I loved the LOTR quote. I hope they use this story to make Davina a "normal" witch because giving a character too much power means you have to kill them eventually, and I have really come to buy the Marcel/Davina dynamic. He really thinks of her as his family and those two are great in scenes together.

Poor Rebecca just stinks at love. The only person she has been involved with that did not die or dump on her is Matt. I do like that she is trying to get the ladies together and stop them from being used. She is more kick butt on the Originals, but she is still the same insecure person. I root for her though because I swear she just wants to grow old with someone and drive a Prius.

I want to know how Celeste was able to body jump or what have you. I need an explanation.

I took it that Papa Tunde just wanted to give Celeste a fighting chance at mowing down Klaus. His family was gone and his time was past, but he was more than ready to do whatever it took to put a hurting on Klaus.

I like that the Marcel and Klaus relationship is so complex. It can't be easy to betray the man that raised your, even if he is an epic (insert insulting comment here).

On TVD I am sticking around for Katherine. I just love the character.

7. js

js Captain Captain

:guffaw:

8. Kosh Naranek

I laughed so hard when Rebecca gave Josh an attaboy in absentia for managing to stay alive.

9. timothy

timothy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I love rebecca.
    my issues are with klaus love him or hate or does everyone thinks he is the worlds biggest ass only out for himself I just can't tell. Or is he a lestat wanna be :)
    Elija is another one I can't get to like all that well either he is just so damn frustrating :(
    Haley I just feel sympothy for her being caught in the middle but I still don't like her for what she done in the vampire diares.
    Marcus took me a while but I like him and he still has a thing for rebbeca :)

10. Taylirious

On The Originals - No love lost between Elijah & Celeste. She wants to take out TO and torture Elijah. Makes sense. LOL. Hoping more old witches die and Davina returns. :)

On The Vampire Diaries - Love Katherine so much. Caroline/Stephan would make me quit the show. Just NO! I honestly don't want to see Elena return until maybe the end of the series now and everything be a mess with Elena, Stefan & Damon. :devil:

11. Snaploud

Snaploud Admiral Admiral

Eh. I'm fine with Caroline/Stephen or Caroline/Klaus. It was Caroline/Tyler that never worked for me.

12. js

js Captain Captain

Caroline is better for Stefan as a Lexi-type conscience and best friend.

I'm all for Caroline/Klaus at the end of TVD.

Glad they got rid of Sophie on TO - now if they'd just dump that awful Cami too, it would help.

13. Kosh Naranek

I just read that Claire Holt has left the show. Last night was her final episode as a series regular. Here is the link: http://www.tvfanatic.com/2014/03/the-originals-shocker-who-has-left-the-series/

Too many members of the Original Family were killed off in rapid succession. Granted the show runners of TVD had no idea at the time that there would be a spinoff, but flashbacks really highlight how decimated the ranks of the family has become.

I don't understand why they don't show Kol in New Orleans? From TVD I thought that he was with his siblings on and off until around the turn of the 1900s when Klaus shelved him? Finn had obviously been napping for centuries, but not Kol. It is odd.

The actor that plays Mikael is great. He does deranged daddy very well.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2014
  14. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

I used to really like him on Odyssey 5.

He played such a scamp.

I just finished watching the last three weeks, and I'm not sure enough of the cast left.

So much ham.

15. Kosh Naranek

I have loved Sebastian R. ever since I read an interview with him in TV Guide I think it was. He called himself a television whore and said he would work for anyone that paid him. :guffaw:You gotta love a guy like that.

16. Taylirious

The thing with Rebekah, heart broken. :(

Good EP of TO.

TVD - I hope we see Katherine again, another sad EP. :wah:

17. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I've liked Clare Holt on the shows, I'll miss Rebekah. I'll be curious to see what she does now. She's an Aussie, so I could see her possibly going back there.

18. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Why on Earth would anyone do that to themselves?

19. Taylirious

I don't know if TO is suffering from the no Clare Holt or what but the story has been on point...CW always suffers in the Spring but TO his getting hit hard ratings wise.

TVD? I am losing interests...didn't mind the Stelena stuff but Marcos is not interesting at all. Wonder Witch Twins are entertaining I guess. :lol: New EP tonight! :D

20. Kosh Naranek

I am going to give up on TVD. I just don't care any more.

I will keep up with the Originals, but I really miss Becs.