Iron Man: Armored Adventures gets 2nd Season

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by cylkoth, Mar 2, 2010.

1. LaxScrutiny

LaxScrutiny Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

"Arrowette"? ARROWETTE?!?!! For gawd's sake, they couldn't have at least named her "Flechette"?

2. LaxScrutiny

LaxScrutiny Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Oh, Christopher. No it's not contradictory, it's the 5 minutes or so each episode that adds to the season story arc. The individual episode plots don't really have to change, but the season arc does.

The 1960's armour couldn't even exist with today's real life technology, you couldn't put that much power into a briefcase. The power source and transistors are what make's it unique and that still stands the test of time. The Tony depicted right now as a "driven teen genius" is ridiculously far-fetched, to the point where his character isn't believable and doesn't add to the story, it detracts from it. The suspension of disbelief has to include everything about Tony, which doesn't make him a character that we can identify with.

But it's fine if you like the show better as it is, you watch it and I'll enjoy Sonic X instead.

3. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

The idea of a teenager being a genius is much, much less far-fetched than the idea of the Iron Man armor being viable in the 1960s (or today). Teen geniuses and child prodigies are a real phenomenon, documented throughout history. And I find the show's portrayal of Tony as a prodigy to be very believable and true-to-life. He's accustomed to being home-schooled and learning at his own pace, and finds conventional school to be tedious beyond belief. That's very realistic. The only unrealistic part is that he's in high school at all; realistically, a genius of his level should be earning his second graduate degree by his age. But in-show, the decision was made for the sake of developing his social skills; his father felt that having him be among kids his own age was more important. I can buy that as a justification. It's still a lot more credible than the Mandarin's ring powers or the Living Laser.

4. cylkoth

cylkoth Commodore Commodore

Well, the very long wait is nearly over. Season 2 will finally arrive on Nicktoons, Wed July 13 @ 8:30pm EST. Marvel Animation Age has posted some non spoilery images from the new season, along with a brief description for s2.
    http://marvel.toonzone.net/news.php?action=fullnews&id=676

5. Trevacious

Trevacious Captain Captain

Teen Tony?! Damn you, Terry Kavanagh.

6. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

I still haven't seen the first season.

Glad that Iron Man, even a teen Tony, is getting a second animated season for the first time.