Scarlet Witch ... (spoilers)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Noddy, Jan 16, 2014.

1. Noddy

Noddy Captain

Looks like the Scarlet Witch has been killed off, in the pages of Uncanny Avengers. And so soon after the character was finally brought back too! Kind of makes all that searching for her a bit pointless, doesn't it?

God, this and Rogue being totally cut from X-Men: Days of Future Past make this a grim year.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2014
  2. Vendikarr

Vendikarr Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Re: Scarlet Witch dead

Could I ask you to change the title of your post, because SPOILERS!!!

3. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

It's not a real death. They killed three major characters in a single issue, in a storyline concerning time travel and changing the past. It's obviously going to be undone in a couple issues.

4. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

It's still a significant plot point for the issue, no?

5. Neroon

Neroon Mod of Balance Moderator

Precisely, which is why the subject has been edited on the main index of the forum.

6. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

I doubt she is dead. Its just one of those dramatic things that happens in comics. A character gets stabbed/supposedly killed in one issue, but is fine by the end of the story line. I've been reading Uncanny Avengers since issue #1, and I doubt SW is actually dead, especially considering the storyline they're going with, and the fact that they went through so much trouble to bring her back in the first place.

7. Hound of UIster

Hound of UIster Vice Admiral Admiral

Allan Heinberg went to the trouble of bringing her back and undoubtedly because she was one of his favorites.

8. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

How far did Wanda's romance with Doctor Doom get?

He does feel old school, no nuptials, no nookie.

Does that mean that he is married to Morgana LeFay?

Can you wait for that woman to introduce herself as Morganna Von Doom?

9. Skellington

Skellington Part-time poltergeist Rear Admiral

I think she'll return in time for Avengers 2. Hopefully before that, because I do like her. As for Wondy, death is kind of a revolving door for him anyway.

Looks like they probably will pull out the "time travel / change the past" card, but I think that in this case it would be narratively unsatisfying. The dramatic goldmine, IMO, would be the fallout between the three formerly deceased characters or, if they brought just one back, the fallout involving him/her and the other Avengers.

10. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

There is no doubt in my mind that all three characters will be brought back at the end of this arc in 4-6 issues. The entire arc is going to have not happened they're going to reset the timeline.

11. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

1. Ago of Ultron broke the universe. More time travel will kill the universe.

2. Immortus early on in this story says that he is shepherding in an event that will segment the prime timeline into 7 equally prime parallel time lines.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2014
  12. the G-man

the G-man Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

You know...at this point, characters die and come back to life so often... that discussing that happening is about as spoilerish as discussing "Lois tried to prove Clark was Superman" back in the silver age. ;)