Enterprise B?

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by PhotoM, Jul 31, 2009.

1. PhotoM

PhotoM Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Any speculation on what happened to the Enterprise B? I have watched every show and movie. Also read most TNG books from the last 12 years. But I dont remember any mention of it. We know that at least through Ds9 that the Excelsior class ships was heavily used. The A was scrapped. "did not make any sense" but that is a different topic;) The C was lost in the battle with Romulans. D was crashed. Is there a book out that mentioned the fate of the B.

2. PhotoM

PhotoM Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

3. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Fleet Admiral Admiral

I've had this running theory that Captain Harriman was a Moody Blues fan.

4. USS Excelsior

USS Excelsior Commodore Commodore

The fate of the Enterprise B probably involved Klingons, just about every other Enterprise that's been destroyed or decommissioned involved Klingons!

5. C.E. Evans

C.E. Evans Admiral Admiral

Personally, I think the Enterprise-B was decommissioned after a long service record--and might even have outlasted the original Enterprise by a couple of years. Harriman may simply have been the first of several captains to command the ship during her time in service, IMO...

I think it would suck if three Enterprises in a row met the same fate (lost in the line of duty). Forget about prestige and history--that's a curse!

6. USS Excelsior

Or it was rebranded and still in service by the time of DS9 and fought in the Dominion War under a different name.

7. Jono

Jono Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

We do know that whatever the fate of the ship it wasn't lost with all hands as the Ent-C for at least two decades was believed to be the first Enterprise to be lost with all hands.

8. MeanJoePhaser

MeanJoePhaser Admiral

I'm pretty sure it imploded due to the incompetence of its captain.

*Goes back to eating meal worms.*

9. BigC

BigC Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I took him for more of a ABBA man.

10. USS Excelsior

After the Tomed Incident of 2311 the ENT-B was turned over Sulu's daughter who was first officer at the time and then after that the last Captain was Captain Thomas Johnson Jr. until the ENT-B was decommissioned in 2333.

11. NIUPonyBoy

NIUPonyBoy Captain Captain

Have you seen the video of Cpt. Harriman ridding thru the city of Chicago in an old Ferrari?