They are going ahead with a Justice League movie

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Flying Spaghetti Monster, Jun 6, 2012.

1. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

http://moviehole.net/201360812possible-story-and-character-details-for-justice-league-surface

(Am I the only one still interested?)

This is one for the pinch-of-salt file and I suspect is almost entirely based on fan wishful thinking but the above story reports the following (Mild spoilers):

2. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Once again we can thank Cosmic Movie News for that "report". So take it with a grain of salt...even if that ( I have believed absolutely nothing that they have "reported" so far). All we continue to know for fact is that Will Beals has written (or currently writing) a draft of the script.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2013
  3. Icemizer

Icemizer Commodore Commodore

Waiting patiently for "real" news on this project.

4. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

5. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

Until reputable news sources come out with info on this movie I'm not really paying attention. Too many rumors out of too many asses right now.

6. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Commodore Commodore

Yes, almost anything in that description could be written by a fan. All of that could have been lifted from the comics by a fan. Only Martian Manhunter being on Earth for over a hundred years is new.

7. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I've been reading these stories just out of curiosity, but until a more reputable site first reports one I'm not going to believe any of them.

8. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

Okay, I'm conscious of having posted a lot of rumours on this thread but this one is from Batman on Film, which is a lot more reliable than cosmic book news or the likes. They're suggesting that the new cinematic Batman will be revealed in the JLA movie, before appearing in a solo movie, no earlier than 2017.

Oddly, despite the apparent long-term plans for Bats, they still seem uncertain as to whether the Superman of this movie will be the one played by Henry Cavill in MOS.

http://www.batman-on-film.com/BATMAN-REBOOTED_rumor_reboot-in-2017_1-22-13.html

9. Admiral_Young

It's been rumoured since the original Cosmic Movie News "reports" that Batman would first be introduced in "Justice League" and then spin off into his own solo films after that. Batman's 80's anniversary is in 2016 I believe, I would be surprised if we had no Batman film in that year, that would be of course a year after "Justice League" comes out. That would mean we would probably start to get actual real news sometime late this year or more likely next year with regards to casting.

I wish DC Ent would reveal their plans like Marvel Studios has candidly done...then at least we'd be able to distinguish fact from fiction a little more easily instead of getting these constant speculation pieces. I'm still a little surprised that we've not gotten actual official news on either project yet since the announcement of Will Beals writing the script.

10. Takeru

Takeru Space Police Commodore

They're waiting how MOS performs, if it's a success Cavill's in, if it's a flop he's out.

11. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

I suspect he'll be in. I just have a really good feeling about MoS.

12. Gaith

Gaith Vice Admiral Admiral

WB/DC Execs: "Plans"? What is this word "plans" you speak of?

13. Admiral_Young

^ Exactly. They lack vision and direction in my opinion. All we have regarding their future projects aside from "Man of Steel" are speculation and wild theories. Most of their projects are in various stages of developmental hell. They don't really have anyone like a Kevin Fiege running DC Entertainment. Geoff Johns is kind of supposed to be that person I think, but really isn't. They seem from an outsider's perspective...a dysfunctional mess. Now this could change quickly, but they've never given us any reason to believe this.

14. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah, I'm also really surprised by how quite DC is regarding their movies and TV shows. I would think they'd try to promote all of their stuff as much as possible, as soon as possible in order to compete with Marvel. I wonder if Green Lantern being such a flop has made them a lot more tentative when it comes to this stuff.

15. Admiral_Young

"Green Lantern" being a flop I think was a disaster for them. I don't think they expected it to be such a critical failure, probably set their "plans" back a few more years as they intended it to be their original tent pole film. They also suffer from the "wait and see" thing too much. Instead of coming up with a plan and executing it, they seem hesitant and tentative to a fault. "Man of Steel" is supposed to be their "new" tent pole film as we've read reported...I still don't know if I believe that or not. To me they seem to have no plans as Gaith implied in his post.

16. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'd hate to think what would happen if Man of Steel was a GL level flop. :devil:

17. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

Batman fans will be laughing their asses off at Superman fans.

18. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

They generally do that anyway, though it's often just a side effect of the glue-huffing.

19. Icemizer

Icemizer Commodore Commodore

Latino Review reports these as the confirmed members in the movie...
    Superman, Batman, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman and The Flash, with possible cameos for Martian Manhunter and maybe one other.
    Let the gnashing of teeth begin.

20. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Sounds about right.