NBC is reviving Heroes

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Out Of My Vulcan Mind, Feb 23, 2014.

1. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

Stephen Tobolowsky has a podcast where he talks about Heroes having act one, and then when it's over, they repeat act one instead of progressing to act two.

2. Kronos

Kronos Admiral Admiral

Anyone remember when NBC was a real network?

3. Hugo Rune

Hugo Rune Vice Admiral Admiral

Terrifying News.

Time to turn off the internet for a few days and hope this swirls down the drain to never resurface again

Hugo - Bye (for a little while)

4. Aragorn

Next NBC will announce the return of Life... minus Damian Lewis, Sarah Shahi and Donal Logue, who have other commitments.

Actually, since Fox is already doing it with 24, an X-Files short-run return to wrap things up would work far better than as a movie that will bomb at the theaters.

5. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored Yo, Dawg! I Heard You Like Avatars... In Memoriam

I don't know, I guess it's the time giving it distance and that this came out of nowhere (at least for me), but I'm kind of looking forward to this. Like many others, I was disappointed from the copout S1 finale onward, but there was always the potential there for something better, they just unfortunately rarely lived up to that potential.

Hopefully in a limited format it will avoid the excesses of S2 and beyond, and maybe the years of reflection will have given Kring some time to reconsider the mistakes of the previous seasons, like the four season Peter vs. Sylar full-powered fight tease.

I'm also enjoying this trend of bringing back old shows for a new limited run. Hopefully that continues.

6. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

Now, THIS needs to happen.

7. Borgminister

Borgminister Admiral Moderator

This will surely be... The Event of 2015... :p

8. Saul

Saul Vice Admiral Admiral

I guess with Avengers coming out in the same year they want to capitalize on it. It's a show that could have been big when you think back to it's popularity during the first season and the anticipation for the second. They had a hit on their hands. Unfortunately they drove it into the ground in a short time.

9. Mach5

Mach5 Admiral Admiral

Heroes were the biggest piece of "meh" the superhero genre has ever seen... But then the Agents of SHIEET came along.

Well, at least Heroes had Quinto.

10. Ensign_Redshirt

Ensign_Redshirt Commodore Commodore

But... why?

11. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

Superheroes are cool again. They're probably about a year too late to cash in on this, though. I was seriously disappointed in anything after the first half of Season 1, but I wouldn't be opposed to watching this on Netflix 5 years in the future.

12. Caretaker

Caretaker Commodore Premium Member

I gave up on Heroes after the first episode of season four. I guess I'll need to go back and watch that season in its entirety. Is there a "I'll need a drink" smilie?

13. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah, I don't get the season 1 love. It was good, but very flawed. The (bad) writing was on the wall, and I didn't even bother with season 2 after the horrible way season one ended.

14. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Season 1 had the potential promise of greatness that we all assumed would be going somewhere. Unfortunately it didn't. Of course a big part of the problem is that they spent an entire season building up to this huge apocalyptic confrontation with Sylar... there was no way they could have delivered on that promise on a tv budget. That said, the "fight" in the S1 finale was still atrocious :lol:

15. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

For what it's worth, it's not like the show for progressively worse. It more or less had a massive quality drop and then stayed at this new level. So the part you missed isn't worse than what you've seen.

16. Icemizer

Icemizer Commodore Commodore

The story will pick up with the poor Irish girl trapped in the alternate future as she recruits a team of villains and travels back to the past to kill all the heroes.

17. Aragorn

Worse than Peter and T-Bag throwing dirt at each other in season 4? :p

18. SG-17

SG-17 Commodore Commodore

How long has this been in development? It seems like NBC is only giving it another shot because of the success of Arrow on the CW. Like stated before "Superheroes are cool again."

19. Candlelight

Candlelight Admiral Admiral

The main issue was the order from high above that they should retain the same characters forced Kring to drop the "bloodbath" season one finale that would've seen many characters killed off. The plan of each season would've had new characters with new powers was vetoed.

Similar to how Star Trek Voyager wasn't allowed to have a story arc or perpetual damage to the starship.

20. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

The whole season 1 finale was the biggest letdown ever in the history of TV.

Yes I said it. :lol:

Not only was the "fight" not even a fight, but the whole time they are in NYC and there wasn't a single extra person in the city the whole episode, it was insane!