Terrible News, Abrahms might be quitting Star Wars to return to Trek!

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Infern0, Jul 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Konata Izumi

Konata Izumi Commander Red Shirt

Re: Terrible News, Abrahms might be quitting Star Wars to return to Tr

I though it was the directing.

2. Ovation

Ovation Admiral Admiral

No. A thousand times no. Any artistic endeavour (popular or not) should be made to satisfy the creator, not the audience. The audience is not owed anything in terms of satisfaction. Not one tiny shred. The audience has the right to express its views after having experienced the work. It has NO right to satisfaction on its terms.

IF the creators choose to "acknowledge the fans", fine. As long as it is a creative choice and not an imposition. I'd rather something that ignores "the fans" and is well-made than something that caters to every fanwank idea the filmmakers can think of but is otherwise a load of crap.

3. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

Now that I've had a chance to catch up...
    All this, no link, and posted in the wrong forum besides? That's not suspect at all.

There's rumor debunked.

There's IGN citing Devin Faraci/Badass Digest as their source? Mm-hmm. And citing them again, in the rumor referred to but never linked by the OP? Devin got noticed by a bunch of people for making shit up; he should be ecstatic by now.

There, there.

Thanks, Peach. I owe you one. [​IMG]

In summary: Rumor. Rumor debunked. Lots of other stuff from a few people who really ought to know better by now.

I think I'm just going to leave this one closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.