Who likes Spock/Uhura too?

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Spock/Uhura Fan, Sep 7, 2012.

?

How do you feel about the Spock/Uhura pairing?

Poll closed Mar 6, 2013.
  1. I LOVE them together! :)

47.5%
  2. I generally think they’re okay together.

18.0%
  3. Not my preference, but I don’t mind them together.

21.3%
  4. I HATE them together. :o

13.1%
  1. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

It is pretty scary! I know it never appealed to me.

2. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

Spock's Pon Farr:
    [YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjkVSneTjaA[/YT]

3. teacake

That is the greatest thing I have ever seen.

4. Malaika

Malaika Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

look here:

[​IMG]

glad I haven't imagined it :lol:

5. Commishsleer

Commishsleer Commodore Commodore

I want the Vulcan grip of pleasure!

Spock you cad!

6. teacake

SHE IS TOUCHING THE WRONG PERSON!!!!

7. seven14

seven14 Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Yep---I wonder if others who watched in 2D saw this or missed it same as me.... I did not see anything except Uhura comfortingly squeeze Kirk's shoulder---which I thought was so lovely!!

If I had come away from the movie the 1st time seeing this hand-holding---Uhura touching Spock's tummy---and other instances discussed---I would have been cool about things---until this thread I wasn't even going to see the movie a 2nd time. This is the intimacy I thought should be there and mistakenly thought wasnt. I think I have now watched this clip like 20 times ---as if something else is going to happen...LOL:)

8. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

:guffaw:

9. cbspock

cbspock Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I like the Spock / Uhura relationship in the movie. If you look at the early season 1 episodes there were some good Spock / Uhura scenes. They were friends in the series, they liked music, etc.

-Chris

10. seven14

No no @teacake...she's touching Spock in the background ---the right person for sure lol :techman: and these gifs are all the more reason why I am now going to get this DVD considering where I was after exiting the theatre the 1st time around. :)

This scene was very good between Uhura and Kirk--no words but her hand squeezing her friend's shoulder...so great how much they all care for Bones. This was a nice moment of tension for the pals. I could watch that U/S background touching on and on for sure....only wish I could have seen it on the big screen.

11. seven14

I really hope they include Pon Farr in the next movie and I expect to see lots of hand caressing, kisses, hugs, and fore-head touches....I will close my eyes at the angst, anger, and temper tantrums :)

I hope T'Pring was off planet and survived the destruction of Vulcan. I'd like her to be gorgeous and for Kirk/Bones/Sulu and Chekov to give a look like, :wtf:"How the heck does Spock pull these beautiful women ???" before realizing Uhura is there and they all rally around her to reinforce that they still think she's prettier:)

If there is a champion to be had...I want it to be Uhura and not Kirk in this time-line---not a mud wrestling contest..lol..but some challenge to their relationship. I suppose T'Pring won't choose Uhura to fight in her lover's place but it would be nice to see Uhura stop the proceedings and call T'Pring out to fight her instead---something not so juvenile but in a writer's hands it could be worked. :)

12. teacake

T'Pring is not going to want his half breed DNA. They don't need their breeding program diluted with humans. She didn't want him in Amok Time when this wasn't even an issue on a global scale as it is now. I'd be surprised if the Vulcan Powers That Be would even allow this to proceed.

13. Ovation

Ovation Admiral Admiral

AWESOME. :techman::techman::guffaw::guffaw:

14. Clancy_s

Clancy_s Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

You might be interested in this YT interview - it's Zach and Chris but at the end the interviewer asks Zach about staying in character for Spock when doing romantic scenes.

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnLj7XP6Byc[/yt]

15. Hugh Mann

Hugh Mann Lieutenant

It felt rather forced. It mostly came out of nowhere and had no reason to be in the movie, and it had no effect on the story or characters. It's as though J.J. Abrams and his team of writers simply wanted some kind of romantic subplot so they hitched two random characters together, even if it never really went anywhere and wasn't appropriate in the first place (every single moment that Uhura and Spock shared as a couple, and there were only a few, could've been removed and the story and their characters would've carried on with no loss of coherence). They just needed more sex in the movie, since Kirk in bed with a green alien wasn't enough I guess. It also creates the strong impression that Uhura was able to advance only because of her sexual affair with a superior, reducing her to the level of the corporate whore, advancing based on her sexual prowess rather than merit.

But then I suppose many viewers just want to see a hot woman with boobs making out on screen with a man, so it works for them.

16. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

^You missed the flirtation between Spock and Uhura in the early TOS episodes, I take it? Sex in the movie? There was sex? Guess I missed those scenes. Even Kirk didn't have sex, Uhura interrupted him.Do you think every time two people kiss or show affection they are having sex?

Why would anyone think Uhura's sexual prowess got her anywhere? The movie is quite clear she's more than qualified for her position.

17. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

"[W]asn't appropriate in the first place"? How so?

Finishing with a cheap shot - let's leave that out next time, shall we?

18. seven14

Thank you Clancy_s ;) I must admit that I do still think the direction was off on this movie as regards Zach's Spock to Uhura....I simply feel the 1st movie made moves so far ahead (with the Spock and Uhura relationship) and in this movie "something" was tamped down and even with all these pretty gifs of Spock and Uhura touching hands or standing near one another (which I am very appreciative of) Spock still remains a bit off to me.

I will just have to deal with my feelings on this and hope for the better in the 3rd installment. I have a more better and broader understanding that there is more there that I couldn't see in the movie and that I now know exist in the comics and the novel so I am positive over all...more so than I was when I first posted after seeing the movie only once. :)

19. seven14

This is a new time-line--we don't know what this T'Pring will want. :) The Vulcan planet has been obilterated...billions of vulcans gone....New Vulcan has a small colony...she as well as the elders may be more open to inter-mixing (word? :)) as they are a very logical bunch. Spock wouldn't be ideal if she had an entire planet to choose from but in this new situation ....he's not a bad choice by a very long mile ;)

She didn't want him in Amok Time...but this is not TOS ....so who knows except the next writer :)

<<<Upon re-reading this sounds a bit snarky---but it's not meant to be. I don't want to change it though because hopefully my meaning is plain and direct and I prefer that>>>

20. teacake

Yeah.